Windows 10: Windows 10 Randomly Freezing. Requested Info Provided

Discus and support Windows 10 Randomly Freezing. Requested Info Provided in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello All, My Windows 10 PC is randomly freezing. No blue screen, it just freezes. The only fix is a hard reset. Before I have to go through this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by frankma, Jun 7, 2017.

1. frankma Win User

Windows 10 Randomly Freezing. Requested Info Provided

Hello All,

My Windows 10 PC is randomly freezing. No blue screen, it just freezes. The only fix is a hard reset.

Before I have to go through this again

System Drive Hidden - Unable to Unhide - Can't Boot PC - Help Please? - Windows 10 Forums

as a result of not simply asking for help, I am doing that first. Also, after I recovered from the above I now have an automated daily back up program in place.

My PC is a Dell XPS 8500, stock motherboard, Corsair Ram 16 gb. I7-3770 CPU.

I'd appreciate some guidance since this problem can happen at any time, with no warning. Thank you .

See attached. I used the requested program in the Sticky Thread.

Sincerely,

Frank

:)

frankma, Jun 7, 2017
  2. Little.star, Jun 7, 2017
  3. Computer Freezing

Hi,

There may be few reasons why your Windows 10 PC keeps on freezing. You may refer to the post of Deepika Gowda by clicking the link provided below to begin fixing this issue. The link contains easy steps to troubleshoot this concern and will also guide you
    in updating your Windows 10 PC.

Windows 10 keeps freezing my computer randomly.

Feel free to update us of the result for us to assist you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jun 7, 2017
  4. Spectrum Win User

Hi Frank,

The crash dumps are pointing towards your USB wifi driver (rtwlanu.sys) as the problem (for your Realtek RTL881AU USB Wifi Adapter). Unfortunately I have not been able to find drivers for this device, do the freezes/hangs occur when the wifi dongle is not connected to your computer?

I also saw that your F: drive needed to have a chkdsk performed on it, but this may be due to the hard power offs your performed to unfreeze your system, have you had previous problems with this drive?

Spectrum, Jun 7, 2017
  5. Hello Frank,

Realtek RTL8821AE Wireless Lan Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Lenovo S200z, AIO 300-20ISH This is a location for the driver for your wifi adapter. I apologize if I missed it but I didn't see anything that mentioned any of your temperatures during these freezes. If the driver does not fix things the most likely cause of freezes are memory problems and heat issues. I have had heat issues cause system freezes as you describe but on very old systems. Let us know if the driver helps.

Ingolenuru, Jun 7, 2017
  6. frankma Win User
    Hi Spectrum,

Thank you for your prompt response.

So what would be the best solution? Should I completely uninstall the USB wifi driver and try and find one that is different yet compatible?

I honestly have no idea if the freezes occur when the dongle isn't connected. Without wifi I'd have no internet on this PC.

The F: drive issue is not related actually, and no that drive has been problem free. It's an external drive and power was interrupted to it suddenly. I'll perform that as well.

Thank you again for your help.

Sincerely,

Frank

frankma, Jun 7, 2017
  7. frankma Win User
    Hi,

I uninstalled the driver that was present and rebooted the system. I installed the driver you suggested and rebooted the system again, and here I am. I'll let you know what happens. Way too soon to tell yet.

I have a temperature monitor on my desktop, so I know for a fact the issue isn't related to heat. However I do agree that is always a possibility, just not in this case.

I tested the memory a few weeks ago and it came back fine. If this issue happens again I'll run a test, but I don't believe that to be part of the problem. But you never know.

I appreciate such prompt help, this is a great resource. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Frank

frankma, Jun 7, 2017
  8. frankma Win User

Hello,

Our saga is not quite finished yet sadly. I uninstalled the drivers and the USB wifi dongle still worked. That surprised me, to be honest. As a result I didn't install any other drivers.

However a new problem has surfaced. Not sure if it's related or not.

The PC is no longer freezing as it was before....now it is randomly rebooting without warning. I have already ruled out overheating whether it is PC or graphics card.

An updated file is attached again using the tutorial in the sticky. Thanks again to anyone and everyone.

Sincerely,

Frank

frankma, Jun 8, 2017
  9. Code: 0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER (8.06.2017 14:45:45) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: rtwlanu.sys [3.07.2015] * Realtek RTLxxxxx Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter PROCESS: System Usual causes: Device driver, ?Memory[/quote]
    And again the Wireless Adapter. Maybe the adapter itself is defective?

BSODHunter, Jun 8, 2017
  10. frankma Win User
    Hi, Yes that crossed my mind to be honest. It's only a couple of months old and this problem just surfaced a few days ago.

Can you (or someone else) confirm that the hardware (meaning the adapter itself) can cause this issue if it's defective? That would surprise me but if you say it's possible so be it.

I have a Netgear on order actually.

I had a thought to roll back the Windows 10 drivers completely and start from scratch. I used the Windows Network Reset utility I discovered. Would that have accomplished it?

After I plugged in the dongle it worked without me having to install the driver.

My Netgear is supposed to arrive Monday, and I'm hoping that solves the problem if I don't solve it by then. For $20 it's worth it if this annoying problem is gone.

frankma, Jun 9, 2017
  11. Yes, defective hardware could cause issues like that. Let us know if you have problems again.

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Randomly Freezing. Requested Info Provided - Similar Threads - Randomly Freezing Requested

2. Scammer return requested info.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scammer return requested info.: Scammers return info:Subject: Notice: Award lotto Funds Release Notification. MICROSOFT <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Scammer return requested info.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scammer return requested info.: Scammers return info:Subject: Notice: Award lotto Funds Release Notification. MICROSOFT <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Windows 10 freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 freezes randomly: Dear Sir/ Madam,We found that on all our public computers, Windows 10 freezes randomly the number lock and the mouse did not respond. I have already updated all drivers, firmware and all Windows Updates, and then, I also tried disable the C-state and Intel Speedstep, but the...
  5. Windows 10 randomly freezes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 randomly freezes: Hi, I'm having an issue with my windows 10 Pro instalation. I started getting some weird freezes, where system sort of freezes. I still can hear music, but very lagy, robotic sounding and repeating. I can still move my mouse, but I cannot interact with any windows or anything...
  6. Windows 10 freezing randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing randomly: So far the issue only happened 3 times. The first 2 times it was during Skype calls with a friend, so I first thought the issues was related to Skype. I was not on Skype calls (just text chat) since then, but the issue occured again yesterday. The way it goes is as follows:...
  7. windows 10 randomly freezes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 randomly freezes: Windows 10 build 10586.14 randomly freezes and requires a power button restart. Happens once or twice per week. Never happened until I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was first available for the public. 32686
  8. submitting an info request

in Windows 10 Support
    submitting an info request: I wanted to save a copy of some text messages on my phone before I purchase a new one. I downloaded something called Coo Master for a trial version only. When the program started all it looked for was deleted messages, I didn't want that I just wanted to have a copy of some...
  9. Windows 10 freeze randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freeze randomly: I installed a new graphics card while I was still on Windows 7 and was having the same issue so I figured I might as well do a fresh install of Windows 10 while I'm at it, but I have the same problem still and it makes my pc unusable at times 49972
  10. Microsoft Finally Agrees to Provide Info on Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Finally Agrees to Provide Info on Windows 10 Updates: If you're already on Windows 10, you probably know that Microsoft doesn't provide any change log with the updates it releases for your operating system, aside from some very short mentions of “improvements and performance optimizations.” So it's absolutely no surprise that...