Windows 10: Windows 10 randomly restarts and change the resolution

Discus and support Windows 10 randomly restarts and change the resolution in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi everyone. About three days ago, my windows 10 starts to randomly run some program which will first turn my screen into black color(I cannot move my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by simonsimonsimon, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Windows 10 randomly restarts and change the resolution

Hi everyone. About three days ago, my windows 10 starts to randomly run some program which will first turn my screen into black color(I cannot move my mouse or close it) and then within 2 minutes it is going to restart my computer. And then my resolution setting is changed and turned grey after each restart(not allowed to change it anymore). After each restart, all my icons on my laptop become really big, the system turn into some small resolution.
    I searched online for some help, I tried to update my graphics driver, but it did not help at all.
    I also disabled the windows restart option in the advanced system setting.
    Did anyone have similar problem before?
    Please help.
    Thank you so much.

:)

simonsimonsimon, Oct 9, 2015
  2. Vixios Win User

Question

Okay so my monitor has black bars on the side. I have tried changing the screen resolution but oddly, the original screen resolution for my monitor will not show up. The options are 1024 x 768 or 800 x 600 , none of these options are nowhere near my screen
    resolution. I did do anything to it. When I turned on my computer, it just randomly did it. It runs on Windows 10, it is an Acer S200HL(Digital)

Vixios, Oct 9, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Resolution Not Avalible (Driver Updated)

A couple of weeks ago I was on my Windows 10, when randomly the resolution went all bad.

A have an HP w2338h Monitor (1920x1080p - 60htz) but it is not able to display it's recommended resolution. When I tried to change the resolution, I found that the highest it could display was 1600x1200p, and the system can only run 64htz. At first I thought
    it was the driver (Microsoft Basic Display Driver) yet it was fully updated. So far I have found no answer online, any ideas?

Jasper Zwemmer, Oct 9, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Windows 10 randomly restarts and change the resolution

Have you noticed what program it starts to run ? Check your startup items in Task Manager Startup tab. Any Anti-Virus on system, run a full system scan ? Which restart option you turned off ?

jds63, Oct 10, 2015
  5. pvrij Win User
    I may have a similar problem. Upon certain events, like starting a new program or loading a new web page (in chrome) but sometimes apparently randomly, the system decides to either turn the screen black for a few seconds or to change the resolution from (the usual) 1920x1200 to (something like) VGA; and then shortly later back again.
    I noticed that win 10 home auto-updated the AMD 7430 graphics driver on October 8, which may be when the problem started.

After internet searching I tried in the registry DMMEnableDDCPolling=0 (6 hits) and I also temporarily disabled the "AMD External Events Utility", but to no avail.

Any ideas?

pvrij, Oct 10, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Oct 10, 2015
  7. bi2l Win User
    I've got almost the same problem,

I think microsoft have add to Windows10 an automaticaly correction of resolution.

It also apears a pup-up UI windows like the {You will have 15 seconds to select Keep changes or Revert before it will automatically revert back to the previous screen resolution.} But only this time says Windows have correct the resolution for you. Keep Changes or Reverse?

I have a 8 multimonitor system and it is preaty annoying, every day-after day, the Desktop is a mess-up! The resolution of some of the monitors have change to what Windows things that is better for me (thats MADDNESS!!)

Also you can try to disable the auto driver update from Computer properties, cause every time that Windows update, updates your driver your screen will go mess-up!!

bi2l, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 randomly restarts and change the resolution

1. Windows 10 randomly restarts and change the resolution - Similar Threads - randomly restarts change

2. Laptop restarts after I change resolution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restarts after I change resolution: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop and whenever i change resolution to 1366x768 my laptop reboots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-i-change-resolution/12e6cddf-6da1-42a0-8eee-5bdd2db33874
  3. Laptop restarts after I change resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts after I change resolution: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop and whenever i change resolution to 1366x768 my laptop reboots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-i-change-resolution/12e6cddf-6da1-42a0-8eee-5bdd2db33874
  4. Laptop restarts after I change resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot change resolution on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change resolution on Windows 10?: I cannot change my display resolution, please help it's just a gray box and I cannot click it, is it because I don't have windows activated? Help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!...
  6. Windows 10 resolution changes after restart to default

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 resolution changes after restart to default: Windows 10 was fine few days ago and everything was alright and no problems until someday, I noticed that my laptop shut down itself then when I restarted it, I got that automating repair thing, and I kept getting it everytime I restart the laptop, so I knew the laptop had...
  7. Can't change resolution after restart

Can't change resolution after restart: Hello Everyone! Today around 2 hours ago my screen turned to "no signal" while I was playing VR. After I was finished with my play session I realized that the screen had no signal so I unplugged the HDMI cable from my monitor and back in, only to find out it didn't work so...
  8. Resolution changes on restart

Resolution changes on restart: My display resolution changes everytime i restart my pc. When i shut down my pc and then turn it on,the resolution is normal I need help, i have the latest drivers. I want to change my default monitor resolution to a higher one...
  9. Windows 10 Changing Screen resolution

Windows 10 Changing Screen resolution: Running Windows 10 with Two year old Dell desktop computer connected to Dynex TV monitor. On boot up, Windows 10 correctly sets resolution for the 1310X780 required for the monitor. After a short period of no activity, the monitor changes to a Windows default resolution...
  10. Windows 10 Randomly Restarting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Randomly Restarting: So, I am having issues with Windows 10 Randomly Restarting. I'm looking at the event logs to see what is going on. This seems to be the pattern before the whole thing randomly restarts: First: (Kernel-EventTracing) Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to change resultion of win 10 ramdomly

2. screen monitor changing resolution pc randomly

3. windows 10 screen resolution changed randomly

4. my pc freezes and change resolution,
  5. windows 10 resolution randomly changing