Windows 10: Windows 10 re-install (clean install to fix errors)?

Discus and support Windows 10 re-install (clean install to fix errors)? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can't find my specific install problem on the forum, so here is the problem: I have a 4 core 64 bit HP laptop (pavilion) with a Radeon graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Willabong, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Willabong Win User

Windows 10 re-install (clean install to fix errors)?

I can't find my specific install problem on the forum, so here is the problem:

I have a 4 core 64 bit HP laptop (pavilion) with a Radeon graphics card and 16 gig of ram.

I installed W10 over W7 from the laptop microsoft link when the free offer was available. I have two downloaded disks (burned from iso files), one with threshold 2 the other without.

I have tried booting from both these disks without success, the laptop just boots into the problem W10.
    In the bios boot from CD is enabled but this makes no difference?

I'm sure I am missing something (maybe the disks are not configured properly but how do I find out?)
    Does anyone know how I can get a clean install to work please?*Sad

:)

Willabong, Nov 23, 2016

2. Windows 10 update KB3147458 error code 0x80073712

I tired EVERY single solution. My last option was to clean re-install windows 10.

I google searched and installed Reimage software cost me $50 for a year but worth all the headache and windows errors was fixed within 15 minutes and few reboot.

ManiEbrahimi, Nov 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 clean re-install

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Step 3:

Andre Da Costa, Nov 23, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Is there a file and folder structure on the DVDs including a setup.exe in the root folder? Or is there just an ISO file on the DVD?

NavyLCDR, Nov 23, 2016
  5. Willabong Win User
    Sorry I am late posting, I had to take the wife out for a while!
    Yes there is a file structure including an autorun file and a setup file?

Willabong, Nov 23, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Is the DVD drive set as the first boot device or is there a boot override function that shows a menu of devices to boot from? Just because the DVD is enabled, if the HDD is before it in the boot order, the laptop will boot from the HDD first.

NavyLCDR, Nov 23, 2016
  7. Willabong Win User
    I will check that out and post back as soon as I can? I have a few family problems to sort out first! Sorry about this but priorities come first.*Rolleyes

Willabong, Nov 23, 2016
  8. Fixer Win User

There shouldn't ever be any need to reinstall 10 from a disc. Why don't you use Reset?

Fixer, Nov 25, 2016
  9. Willabong Win User
    Wrong! I want to change the Admin as well!

Willabong, Nov 25, 2016
  10. Fixer Win User
    You can use User Accounts at any time for that.

Fixer, Nov 25, 2016
  11. Willabong Win User
    Fixer: I tried that and it doesn't work! And the problems with the OS needs a clean install to put right. I'm getting to many glitches to rely on a Windows 10/former Windows 7 reset to solve the problem. But thanks for trying!

Willabong, Nov 25, 2016
  12. Fixer Win User
    A reset doesn't carry over any part of your present system. It sets up a fresh system from a clean Win 10 system image file.

Fixer, Nov 25, 2016
  13. CmmTch Win User

I needed direction on performing a clean install after replacing my motherboard. NavyLCDR helped do that, see the quote below from my post https://www.tenforums.com/installatio...questions.html If your laptop is not UEFI capable ignore the Step 9 instructions for creating a UEFI compatible USB in the link "Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive"

After I was done I had to chat into Microsoft to activate W10, I still had my Win7 retail product key and should have put that in when asked for a product key. My existing W10 install (1511) was activated with a "digital entitlement" but that didn't follow with my MSA. Make sure you have your product key from the Win7 you upgraded from in case you need it.

CmmTch, Nov 26, 2016
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    The built-in Windows reset and refresh functions have proven to be extremely unreliable. If a person is going to do a reset anyway and not keep any settings for data files, clean install from USB flash drive or DVD is much better than taking your chances with the built-in reset function.

NavyLCDR, Nov 26, 2016
  15. Willabong Win User
    Fixer: Fair Enough, but it will retain the same admin, and I want to change that as well, I tried User Accounts and it didn't work to remove the old Admin?

Willabong, Nov 26, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 re-install (clean install to fix errors)? - Similar Threads - install clean install

2. Windows 10 Drive clean and re-install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Drive clean and re-install: Hi all, I started a complete drive clean of my system that has 2 SSDs and 2 HHDs varying in capacity from 500gb to 4tb. Along with a complete reinstall of Windows 10.I started this at 3pm GMT and it is now coming up to 8:30pm GMT. My question is how much long will this take?...
  3. clean re-install windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean re-install windows 10: Can anyone advise me where to find online an easy to understand, step by step guide to lead me through a re-install of Windows 10. Will it affect the version I have, which File, Apps, Features, Programs will be lost plus what I should do before the re-install?I'm a PC Dummy...
  4. clean re-install windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clean re-install windows 10: Can anyone advise me where to find online an easy to understand, step by step guide to lead me through a re-install of Windows 10. Will it affect the version I have, which File, Apps, Features, Programs will be lost plus what I should do before the re-install?I'm a PC Dummy...
  5. clean re-install windows 10

6. Clean Re-installing Windows 10

Clean Re-installing Windows 10: Hello people, can some one explain to me how I do a clean install of Windows 10. By clean I mean delete all files clean install, like was possible with Windows 7. Re-install the software from scratch and then start with a completely clean set-up. Windows Version Number -...
  7. Clean Re-installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean Re-installing Windows 10: Hello people, can some one explain to me how I do a clean install of Windows 10. By clean I mean delete all files clean install, like was possible with Windows 7. Re-install the software from scratch and then start with a completely clean set-up. Windows Version Number -...
  8. Clean Re-Install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean Re-Install: We are updating our computers and wish to sell the old one. Before we sell them I want to use UBCD to completely overwrite the hard drive to destroy all information. How do I then re-install windows 10 without a CD?...
  9. win 10 Re-install [clean]

win 10 Re-install [clean]: How do I save settings for a re-install? ie; configurations of control panel, "settings", etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-re-install-clean/b0b98f9f-0ed7-493f-9f38-7838cb5343d9
  10. Clean Re installation of windows 10

Clean Re installation of windows 10: I want to delete all user accounts created till now , and need to re install the windows 10 in my pc. Please help me with this ,so that I can proceed safely . And I have some doubts regarding this- Will the activation be void if I do this ? Will I get all the latest...