Windows 10: Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw.

Discus and support Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, hope you're doing okay! A couple months ago I started noticing a problem with my PC. I noticed that most of the times, when I shut it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gonza Valverde, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw.

Hello everyone, hope you're doing okay!
    A couple months ago I started noticing a problem with my PC. I noticed that most of the times, when I shut it down (I always close all the programs running) and then turn it on again (instantly or hours after), all of my programs were open again.
    It was as if it had saved my previous session, even tho I manually closed everything.
    But what I think is the worst, is that if for some reason i was using Youtube, every time I started my PC again it would start playing the video EVEN ON THE LOG IN SCREEN.
    This is major problem , I haven't even introduced my key and all of my thing are already working. Can you imagine something like this happening to your home?
    I think this is a big security and mostly privacy problem, and i'd like to get some sort of official feedback.

:)

Gonza Valverde, Aug 16, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw.

Windows 7 Major Flaw

Thanks folks.. i'll give TeraCopy a try.. I didn't even know there was a 3rd party move/copy app to replace windows default app.

mikek75, To me it is a major flaw because this same issue has popped up for years in windows and tons of people like to dote over win 7 being so perfect, and all the bugs from previous systems were fixed.. if not a major flaw then a major oversight on Microsoft's part.

Many 3rd party apps are way better than windows default.. I wonder why MS doesn't get a clue and redesign all their stuff.

I have used Rollback RX and Comodo Time Machine to replace windows system restore, we can all think of better than Windows Defender, and now TeraCopy solves problems of windows move/copy app. I have used windows explorer replacements too.

You know.. someone should start a " better than Windows 3rd party app replacement thread "and list all the great stuff that's out there.

John Phoenix, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw.

1. Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw. - Similar Threads - opening programs manually

2. programs will not open or close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    programs will not open or close: I cannot open or close some programs. Outlook is stuck on screen. Can only 'close' by opening Word or some other. Opening using Desktop Outlook does not work....
  3. programs will not open or close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    programs will not open or close: I cannot open or close some programs. Outlook is stuck on screen. Can only 'close' by opening Word or some other. Opening using Desktop Outlook does not work....
  4. Windows Security opens and closes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security opens and closes: No matter how many times i try to open it it just gives me a glimpse of the tab and closes.I have been facing this issue from past 2-3 months https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-opens-and-closes/771b496e-edf9-455d-a8c4-97854821506c
  5. Windows Family Safety - is it me or are there major flaws?!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Family Safety - is it me or are there major flaws?!: Hi,I have set up Family Safety but one of my children does not have any devices registered to his account. I don't understand how this is possible as they log in every day on this laptop!!Also - it seems that they have turned off the weekly reporting. Again - how is this...
  6. Major privacy and security issue!

Major privacy and security issue!: Microsoft forces Internet Explorer and Microsoft edge on your computer to visit bing.com and secretly plant internet browsing files and cookies from bing on your pc. Don't believe me? Try this: Fix the privacy and security settings on your computer and IE and MS Edge browser...
  7. Windows 10 security flaw?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 security flaw?: There are a whole ton of weird articles saying the NSA informed microsoft about a serious security flaw in windows 10 that I don't particularly think it's true. I would like conformation on whether or not it's true Thanks in advance...
  8. Windows 10 security flaws

Windows 10 security flaws: Hi, This is Agnivesh This is a major security flaw with Microsoft windows 10 pro . I had actually forgotten my windows account password.I wanted to crack and make a new account on my laptop.I had tried a bunch of ways to crack the OS but none was proved...
  9. Windows 10 security flaw

Windows 10 security flaw: My brother sometimes uses my computer and I once deleted his account cause I thought he wouldn't need it, but he once wanted to use it and he didn't know my password and he created an account on his own. I do know that he has a flash drive that can bypass the password or...
  10. Windows 10 re starting closed programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 re starting closed programs: I've recently noticed that sometimes, not always but sometimes. When I exit a program or game to desktop. Windows 10 decides to re launch that program or game. it is seriously annoying & was wondering if anyone has this problem & know of a fix? 68566