Windows 10: Windows 10 re starting closed programs

Discus and support Windows 10 re starting closed programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've recently noticed that sometimes, not always but sometimes. When I exit a program or game to desktop. Windows 10 decides to re launch that program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gmunday, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Gmunday Win User

Windows 10 re starting closed programs

I've recently noticed that sometimes, not always but sometimes. When I exit a program or game to desktop. Windows 10 decides to re launch that program or game.

it is seriously annoying & was wondering if anyone has this problem & know of a fix?

:)

Gmunday, Oct 31, 2016

2. Windows 10 freezing and re-starting. Task Manager

In Windows 7 if a program froze you could close it with Task Manager and re-start program.

In Windows 10 you get a blue screen with sad smiley and the computer re starts, no access to task manager.

Is ther a way of closing the faulty program with windows 10 re starting computer everytime.

LorraineOliver, Oct 31, 2016
  3. Altering program closure time at "shutdown"

In the predecessors to Windows 10, the time allotted for program closure could be altered, allowing a few more seconds for larger programs to close at "shutdown". Has anyone found this setting in Windows 10, or has this been removed? My "restarts" are not
    a "clean re-start" some times and a second and third "re-start" are needed to boot up properly. If someone has stumbled across this setting, please advise me to it's location... thank you

Bitchesse Shaileh Lexa Carver, Oct 31, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Yes, occasionally (but not reproducibly) when closing Internet Explorer. There doesn't seem to be any pattern, but it has only happened when there have been multiple tabs open and I close it from the red X top right.

5. meebers Win User
    My outlook from work will reopen immediately right after I sign out?? Intermittent, 2-3 times a month

meebers, Oct 31, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Happens when Windows and the program thinks that it did not close with a clean shutdown, so it may reopen to fix any cache or temp setting stuff and then attempt another program shutdown. I would address it with the Game forums if others are having the same issues and see if there is an update or fix for the game.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 re starting closed programs - Similar Threads - starting closed programs

2. Windows closes programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows closes programs: Windows 10 latest update caused an issue where windows will act like i clicked the x icon sometimes it takes a few to close. How does one fix this without reinstalling and is anyone else having the same issue? Im on mobile and i cant pull up the system info because of this. I...
  3. Close a program when another starts

Close a program when another starts: So basically, I downloaded Microsoft's PowerToys off GitHub which I guess is kinda still in development, so I could use the adaptation of MacOS's Spotlight they made. Unfortunately, since the program has some bugs, it interferes with some of my other stuff, mainly I get...
  4. Windows closed program after it started.

Windows closed program after it started.: So I don't know what to do. Hadn't that problem with windows 7. I start a specific program. It launches then it closes. I don't know what to do. I'm thinking it's defenders fault. Is there a option to disable defender completely. Also is there a way to know what's the reason...
  5. Windows 10 keeps re starting

Windows 10 keeps re starting: Hi, I spent 8 hours yesterday trying to fix the issue, downloaded the add on that windows released to fix the problem. My computer has become useless and I need it. Any help would be great ✌ it can stay on for 2 mins or an hour before it restarts. submitted by...
  6. Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs: I was having an issue where Win 10 would just randomly close anything that was open and take me back to desktop. This would happen with office 2016 programs, browsers, other software and games. Every thread relating to this on this forum had the same answers such as run SFC...
  7. Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs: I was having an issue where Win 10 would just randomly close anything that was open and take me back to desktop. This would happen with office 2016 programs, browsers, other software and games. Every thread relating to this on this forum had the same answers such as run SFC...
  8. Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw.: Hello everyone, hope you're doing okay! A couple months ago I started noticing a problem with my PC. I noticed that most of the times, when I shut it down (I always close all the programs running) and then turn it on again (instantly or hours after), all of my programs were...
  9. Closing programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Closing programs: Having Window 10 is cool but I need to know why I can't close Yahoo Messenger and Skype. "Quit Skype" is in a black area on Skype and "Sign Out" in Yahoo messenger is the same. I cannot close these 2 programs, they are not Apps, when I am ready to shut down the computer. Does...
  10. Programs Closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs Closing: I'm not an expert, so please go easy on me. My main problem is programs suddenly close. When using a browser (Firefox or Chrome) the program will close. Approx every 3-5 minutes. However, there are times it will stay open for significantly longer. I've tried using Firefox...