Windows 10: Windows 10 reboots when idle for a few minutes

Discus and support Windows 10 reboots when idle for a few minutes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My ASUS All-in-one PC running windows 10 was shut down for 6 weeks while I was travelling. When I turned it on a few days ago the background screen was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maccdavk, Nov 21, 2016.

1. maccdavk Win User

Windows 10 reboots when idle for a few minutes

My ASUS All-in-one PC running windows 10 was shut down for 6 weeks while I was travelling. When I turned it on a few days ago the background screen was different.

Now it reboots after being idle for a few minutes.

I tried all I know with power management settings, trouble shooter for power, different things I read on the web, all to no avail.

I even upgraded to windows 10 pro, yesterday, to see if that would help, no joy.

While I was travelling I had to change my hotmail password in order to log into my Microsoft account.

Could this somehow cause a problem?

:)

maccdavk, Nov 21, 2016

2. After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots

I am having the same issue. What is a comprehensive update?

Richard Cameron, Nov 21, 2016
  3. After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots

Hi Kristie,

Thank you for your reply with the current status of the issue. Sorry for late response.

Glad to know that you are able to resolve the issue with comprehensive update. Thank you for sharing the information regarding the issue. Appreciate your efforts in resolving the issue.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 21, 2016
  4. Windows 10 reboots when idle for a few minutes

Is your power management set to "High Performance" then check you sleep time ?

Is your PC using your Hotmail account to log into windows ? myne is but I use a PIN to log on to myne ? You would of had to change your password on the pc & you may need to verify your account on that pc - Start Menu / Settings / Accounts - Verify !

RoadBlaster, Nov 21, 2016
  5. maccdavk Win User
    My power setting is balanced with display and sleep both set to never. I have tried varying these settings with balanced and high performance with no joy.

Under start, settings, accounts-there is no option to verify.

maccdavk, Nov 22, 2016
  6. Open File Explorer and go to C:\Windows\Minidump. Look for any .dmp file that was created almost at the time when your PC restarted. If you can find one, it indicates that your computer experienced a crash.

michielsen, Nov 22, 2016
  7. maccdavk Win User
    Lots of them, dating back to when i started to experience this problem.

maccdavk, Nov 22, 2016
  8. Windows 10 reboots when idle for a few minutes

michielsen, Nov 22, 2016
  9. maccdavk Win User
    Ran the APP, all .dmp are the same.
    Bug Check String UNEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP
    Bug Check Code 0x0000007f

maccdavk, Nov 22, 2016
  10. Could you see which module (or file) caused your computer to crash?
    Try to uninstall the softwares you installed recently, or restore Windows to the latest backup point.

michielsen, Nov 22, 2016
  11. Bugoyyy Win User
    Just to add on that one, please try to boot into Safe Mode and check if it will still reboot after being idle for a few minutes.

Bugoyyy, Nov 22, 2016
  12. maccdavk Win User
    I have not installed any software. My PC was turned off for six weeks. This all started when I turned it back on Nov 18th.

My first plan was to restore to an earlier time however, all of my restore points are gone.

Something interesting has happened. I ran BlueScreenView yesterday afternoon and left it running in the background, PC has been fully operational for the past 16 hours. I will close the viewer now ans see what happens.

maccdavk, Nov 23, 2016
  13. Windows 10 reboots when idle for a few minutes

Additionally, Windows 10 might force your computer to restart automatically after installing updates. Try to disable automatic reboot:
    • Open the Local Group Policy Editor.
    • Browse to: Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Update.
    • Enable this policy “No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic update installations”.
    • Reboot your computer and check if this solves your issue.

michielsen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 reboots when idle for a few minutes

1. Windows 10 reboots when idle for a few minutes - Similar Threads - reboots idle few

2. Windows 11 Freezes when left Idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Freezes when left Idle for a few minutes: HI I have recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have been experiencing with the issue where my pc freezes after being left idle for a few minutes. I want having this issue on windows 10 but here on windows 11 I have been experiencing issue.My pc specscpu: ryzen 5...
  3. Windows 11 Freezes when left Idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Freezes when left Idle for a few minutes: HI I have recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have been experiencing with the issue where my pc freezes after being left idle for a few minutes. I want having this issue on windows 10 but here on windows 11 I have been experiencing issue.My pc specscpu: ryzen 5...
  4. After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots: I am running Windows 11, and if I leave my PC hp victus 15fb0xxx idle for a few minutes, it reboots. If I use it continuously, it's fine. I have installed every system update and checked my drivers to make sure they are up to date and I even ran a virus scan I use McAfee....
  5. After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots: I am running Windows 11, and if I leave my PC hp victus 15fb0xxx idle for a few minutes, it reboots. If I use it continuously, it's fine. I have installed every system update and checked my drivers to make sure they are up to date and I even ran a virus scan I use McAfee....
  6. Windows 10 freezing after leaving it idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezing after leaving it idle for a few minutes: Hello, the freezing started a week ago and happens once a day. I tried the chkdsk command and the command for repairing image in PowerShell. The HDD is set to never turn off. System SSD and HDD for games are both fine. Do you have any suggestions? Edit: took a look in event...
  7. Windows 10 Hard Freezing if left idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Hard Freezing if left idle for a few minutes: Hi all, my Windows 10 PC has been freezing (and requiring a hard restart) if I leave it idle for just a few minutes. The amount of time is inconsistent but its usually around 30 minutes. The PC has never ever had this issue before, and it's only started occurring ever since...
  8. Computer freezes when idle a few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes when idle a few minutes: HP Laptop with Windows 10 Operating system freezes or locks up when sitting idle for a few minutes. First noticed while watching Netflix, video was stuck and there was a buzzing noise. Trying changing browsers, no difference. Next happened while listening to Pandora. Now have...
  9. Windows 10 freezes after a few minutes of being idle (and can only be rebooted the hard way)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 freezes after a few minutes of being idle (and can only be rebooted the hard way): Hey guys, At the moment I am having an issue with Windows 10 that is being mentioned these days (and before) all over the internet. Since a week or so, Windows 10 freezes the mouse, the keyboard and the screen after being left idle for some minutes. The only action that...
  10. BSOD after a few minutes of idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after a few minutes of idle: After leaving my computer alone for a few minutes my computer restarts with a REGISTRY_ERROR BSOD. I have disabled ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 Critical" and ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical" and also ran sfc/scannow with no integrity violation. I uninstalled...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer reboots when idle windows 10

2. pc restarts when idle

3. computer restarts when idle

4. windows 10 keeps rebooting when idle,
  5. windows 10 restarts when idle,
  6. reboot when idle ,
  7. windows 10 reboot idle,
  8. windows 10 reboots after a few minutes idle,
  9. windows update for restart problem when idle,
  10. windows 10 freezes idle 5 minutes,
  11. windows 10 idle reboot