Windows 10: Windows 10 recognised as Vista ?

Discus and support Windows 10 recognised as Vista ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just realized that certain programs recognize it as Vista. For example, I had to manually install all the drivers on my laptop because Lenovo System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marron, May 18, 2015.

1. Marron Win User

Windows 10 recognised as Vista ?

I just realized that certain programs recognize it as Vista. For example, I had to manually install all the drivers on my laptop because Lenovo System Update recognized it as Vista, and installing Vista drivers on 10 was not possible.
    Now Tomb Raider doesn't start, and if I check the log it recognizes it as Vista.
    "OS = Windows Vista (build 9200)"

I know this is more of a fact than a problem, but I wanted to share.

:)

Marron, May 18, 2015

2. Portable drive recognisition

Windows 10 will not recognise my portable Imation Apollo hard drive, which is recognised by Windows 7, Vista and 8.1

KennethMcDonald, May 18, 2015
  3. JimMcGee Win User
    lumia 520 not detected

lumia 520 not recognised in Windows Explorer when connected to my laptop running Vista

JimMcGee, May 18, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Well, at the time those programs were written, authors could not know what new windows will be called, could they ?

CountMike, May 18, 2015
  5. Marron Win User
    I dunno, but since there are no drivers for windows 10 anyway, and only the 8.1 drivers are compatible, I figured it'd be normal for them to recognize the windows I'm running as 8.1.

Marron, May 18, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    Did you try installing in compatibility mode for Win7 ?. Most probably it has problems with DirectX. If that game was made for Dx9, try installing Dx9 again, it will just ad some files without ruining Dx 11/12.

CountMike, May 18, 2015
  7. Marron Win User
    The game was made for Dx11. I've read from people who had the same problem that if I force Dx9 it works, but I lose the Dx11 specific visuals. I figured it has problems with Dx, because when I install the game, a Dx popup comes that wants to install Dx, but for some reason it can't install.

I'll try running the installer in compatibility mode to Win7. I'll come back to tell you the result.

Marron, May 18, 2015
  8. Marron Win User

I reinstalled the game by running the installer in compatibility mode for Win7. Got the same result. Screenshot by Lightshot
    Then I run the game in compatibility mode for Win7, and nothing changed.

Marron, May 18, 2015
  9. What video card driver version are you running? I know the latest Nvidia drivers have had some issues.

SylenThunder, May 18, 2015
  10. Gary Win User
    Seems like Tomb Raider has a problem. COD AW works just fine.

11. Marron Win User
    Yeah. It probably has a problem with Win10.
    Blade and Soul, Heartstone, Heroes of the Storm, Dota 2, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Team Fortress 2 work just fine too.

PS: It looks like there are finally some drivers for Windows10. Updating now.

Marron, May 18, 2015
  12. That's odd. I've been running Tomb Raider on both the 8.1 and 10 drivers from Nvidia without issue.

blackroseMD1, May 19, 2015
  13. Marron Win User

Well, I updated drivers and got the same thing. I guess I'll try again after I do a clean install. (My current "Windows" folder is 37GB, so that needs to be cleaned soon).

Marron, May 19, 2015
  14. lol, wasn't it named Windows 10 instead of Windows 9 so software wouldn't think it was Windows 95 or 98? Kidding aside, its all in how the installer is codded to figure out what OS is installed. If the programmer gets sloppy or lazy weird things can happen when a new OS is or isn't detected.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 recognised as Vista ? - Similar Threads - recognised Vista

2. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd: Ok guys need help please,I've recently changed my HDD for a new one,and suddenly my SSD has disappeared,and for some reason the hard drive is now seen as the SSD .I have a HP pavilion notebook 17-ab051ha,been working fine until I put the new hard drive in,The SSD doesn't show...
  3. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd: Ok guys need help please,I've recently changed my HDD for a new one,and suddenly my SSD has disappeared,and for some reason the hard drive is now seen as the SSD .I have a HP pavilion notebook 17-ab051ha,been working fine until I put the new hard drive in,The SSD doesn't show...
  4. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Internal DVD Reader isn't recognised in windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal DVD Reader isn't recognised in windows.: I instaled my internal dvd reader but it isn't recognised in windows, i am using windows 10 22h2i don't know the name of the dvd reader but it says some stufs on it likesuper write mastersamsungdvd multi recordercan yal please help me...
  6. Internal DVD Reader isn't recognised in windows.

Internal DVD Reader isn't recognised in windows.: I instaled my internal dvd reader but it isn't recognised in windows, i am using windows 10 22h2i don't know the name of the dvd reader but it says some stufs on it likesuper write mastersamsungdvd multi recordercan yal please help me...
  7. Internal DVD Reader isn't recognised in windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?: Recently my SATA SSD not sure what specific model but its intel something stopped being recognised by windows 11 yet it is in the BIOS. I have an Intel i9 10900kf, RTX 3060 ti and 32 GB ddr4 ram. I have tried reconnecting the physical connections into the motherboard and it...
  9. Websites and some installers recognise my system as vista but I am on 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Websites and some installers recognise my system as vista but I am on 10.: Hello,I am on windows 10 21h2 and was getting ready for a webinar to learn excel. When it tested my system it said I am on vista. I am on windows 10. Here is a picture showing I am on 10Any help would be great....
  10. Websites and some installers recognise my system as vista but I am on 10.

Websites and some installers recognise my system as vista but I am on 10.: Hello,I am on windows 10 21h2 and was getting ready for a webinar to learn excel. When it tested my system it said I am on vista. I am on windows 10. Here is a picture showing I am on 10Any help would be great....