Windows 10: Windows 10 Recovery CD Free Download Question

Discus and support Windows 10 Recovery CD Free Download Question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was on my Laptop, and I went online and I found this article. It says that there is a Recovery CD that is free to download for Windows 10. Here is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Recovery CD Free Download Question

I was on my Laptop, and I went online and I found this article. It says that there is a Recovery CD that is free to download for Windows 10.

Here is the link. https://neosmart.net/blog/2015/windo...Smart+Files%29

Is this for the finished version of Windows 10 as well?

:)

Jesse Williams, Apr 27, 2015
  2. 666dclxvi Win User

Laptop login advises password incorrect...Locked out of Windows10 based computer now

There are a large number of youtube videos on how to by pass one's password. They all require a pre windows boot medium. If you made a Windows 10 recovery cd there are videos on how to go from there.

There are free Linux live cds, for downloading, that will remove passwords. Unfortunately none are quick fixes.

666dclxvi, Apr 27, 2015
  3. One year after installing Windows 10, "restoring previous version of windows"

Monica Cam's method requires a recovery CD which I do not have. Windows 7 was preinstalled and I did the free Windows 10 upgrade. I'll try the Tool but it says it's to be used to download 10 which I did last summer. Here goes nothing!

JediBarrister, Apr 27, 2015
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Windows 10 Recovery CD Free Download Question

It was tested on Build 9926. But I assume they will eventually test it on the final version and fix it accordingly.

5. Old saying:
    "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is".

I've seen ad's for such things on TV, and every one of them is a SCAM.
    The download is FREE, just as it says, but then after the program has determined that you have several thousand problems on your PC, you must "Register" to get them fixed, and the registration can cost you anywhere from $39.95 up to ?????

Thanks, but I'll pass.

(35 years a computer tech) *Cool

TechnoMage, Apr 28, 2015
  6. usasma Win User
    NeoSmart used to make good tools for WIndows, and they were free.
    They then switched to selling things and I haven't used their stuff since.

The link is interesting, and it may work with the release version of Win10 - but only time will tell.

usasma, Apr 28, 2015
  7. mqudsi Win User
    I know what you mean - that's certainly par for the course for much of that type of software. But this isn't like that, EasyRE is paid up-front (no sleazy demo or trial) and the Windows 10 one is free only for a limited time (while Windows 10 is in beta). So in general, EasyRE isn't freeware, but it's not "sleaze-ware" either. *Smile

(I know this thread is a couple of weeks old - sorry!)

mqudsi, May 20, 2015
  8. shmu26 Win User

I downloaded the iso and loaded it on my flash drive.
    I don't see how they could charge me any money at this point. It's not one of those programs that lock functionality until you pay.
    It boots up fine and seems loaded with useful options, providing ways to repair the boot, gives you command line, and a browser, and other stuff. The interface is helpful and friendly, like the kind of thing you usually have to pay for.
    My own uneducated guess is that the boot mechanism for windows 10 is not going to change significantly between now and whenever, unless the manufacturers of mobos cook up something post-UEFI, so it should remain a useful tool for the near future.

shmu26, Jul 7, 2015
  9. Kyhi Win User
    Aomei has a tool called PE Builder..

That recovery software is a customized version of WinPE

Actually most boot disks are customized versions of WinPE - Macrium is another example

you can create a windows 10 OS recovery disk by going into control panel - recovery - create a recovery drive

Kyhi, Jul 7, 2015
  10. shmu26 Win User
    I have found the windows recovery media to be kind of limited when it comes to fixing boot problems.
    I have had cases where the windows CD couldn't do it, but macrium saved the day.
    this neosoft tool has more to offer than even macrium.

shmu26, Jul 7, 2015
  11. Kyhi Win User
  12. shmu26 Win User
    right, but they threw into their recovery media a section for solving boot problems, and it is more robust than the windows equivalent.

shmu26, Jul 7, 2015
  13. Kyhi Win User

yes
    for the novice user - it is a good tool to have

sometimes I forget, I'm not such a novice, and know how to use command line

14. linw Win User
    Totally agree. The Macrium recovery disk does a darn good job of fixing boot problems. It is my first 'goto' for that.

15. shmu26 Win User
    I restored from a system image, and it didn't boot.
    I tried Windows 10 Recovery CD.
    No go.
    I tried macrium recovery.
    Fixed it immediately.

shmu26, Jul 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Recovery CD Free Download Question - Similar Threads - Recovery Free Download

2. Windows recovery USB & CD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows recovery USB & CD: I have a recovery USB and a set of recovery CD's but it is not clear how to use them. The system I want to restore is still booting but some parts of the Windows interface are missing e.g. the Start button doesn't work anymore, no pop-up....
  3. Recovery CD

Recovery CD: How do i obtain a Recovery CD for my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-cd/07a55004-edcc-43f5-99c9-0574f61910a3
  4. Free CD/DVD Software For Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Free CD/DVD Software For Windows 10: I am having problems with my CD/DVD device on my Dell Inspiron 3650 desktop Windows 10 no longer recognizes any CD/DVD media I insert. I won't go into the details about the problems since I had already opened an issue about this, and it was never resolved. There is a lot...
  5. Downloading Windows 10 Free

Downloading Windows 10 Free: I am looking to download Windows 10 free to upgrade from Windows 7. I get an error code at the end of installation but it seems to go smoothly right up to that point....
  6. Windows 10 free download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 free download: I was offered a free window 10 which I downloaded to this pc, the hard drive broke so I had to have new one, they put a new one in but put windows 7 back and not the windows 10 that I had, how can I get this put back onto my system. I have a lap top with windows 10 but would...
  7. free windows 10 download

free windows 10 download: im wanting a free windows 10 download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-windows-10-download/b0b63f47-4f85-4a48-ab7a-4c789b3b7021
  8. Free program to copy a cd to a blank cd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free program to copy a cd to a blank cd: Is there a free program download that will allow you to make copy the contents of a cd to a blank cd? Thanks Jerry 77804
  9. Question About Free Space on the Recovery (D) Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question About Free Space on the Recovery (D) Drive: This may be a stupid question, but I don't know much about computers and I'm concerned, so I have to at least ask about it. I just happened to look at how much space was on my C drive, because I was considering downloading all 800 photos from my pocket camera's SD card. That...
  10. windows 10 free download?

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 free download?: so 2 days ago was the scheduled day for the windows 10 free upgrade. I was on vacation and didn't get to my laptop that day. So I come back the next day and my windows 8.1 computer keeps freezing and freezing and FREEZING . I then decide to reset it to factory settings and I...