Windows 10: Windows 10 Recovery Help required

Discus and support Windows 10 Recovery Help required in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi! I need to restore from a backup image. Firstly the restore from the original installation disc cannot find the image, even though there are at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gwladok5, Mar 6, 2016.

1. gwladok5 Win User

Windows 10 Recovery Help required

Hi! I need to restore from a backup image. Firstly the restore from the original installation disc cannot find the image, even though there are at least 4 sat on various connected HDD's.

Also, if I create a recovery drive on a USB stick, is that just another way to locate the image to recover from?

The instructions suggest that the restore will take place from the USB stick only.

:)

gwladok5, Mar 6, 2016
  2. Mukesh_IT Win User

After re installing, will it ask for the product key for Windows 10?

Hi Team,

I just purchase windows 10 machine, i want to create recovery disk.

while reinstalling windows 10 from recovery disk then its require product key or not ?

Please help me about that.

Mukesh_IT, Mar 6, 2016
  3. reset this pc / fresh start ?

There is no need to create or use an installation media in order use the
    "Reset this PC"
    option on your computer. Take note though that some recovery options in Windows do require the use of an installation media. You can find out more information about the different recovery options available in Windows 10 and their requirements
    on this
    link

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Mar 6, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Hi gwladok5,

I'm pretty sure that you should be able to create a bootable flash drive (recovery drive) which will allow you to boot from it, as well as navigate to your back up image to load it. However, I use third party imaging programs that work that way, and I would assume Win-10 imaging works in the same manner.
    How to Create a USB Recovery Drive in Windows 10

There are some other free third party back up programs that many people prefer over what comes with Windows. I've included two of the more popular ones below.
    Macrium Reflect Free
    AOMEI Backupper Standard

b1rd, Mar 6, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    The second option down in the left column from a bootable Win 10 medium (including the USB Recovery Drive) allows you to select a system image file.
    (Ignore the 'Click on' pointer... it's not that one.. just an image I found!)

Windows 10 Recovery Help required [​IMG]

dalchina, Mar 10, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    Would you prefer the picture with the "Click on" removed.

7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Amateurs... *Wink

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Recovery Help required - Similar Threads - Recovery Help required

2. Bitlocker key recovery help required

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key recovery help required: HiI have the Bitlocker recovery message on my laptop but I had forgotten my MS account password and no longer had access to the email address associated with it, so I created a new Outlook.com email account and waited 30 days for the transfer. When I logged in via...
  3. Bitlocker key recovery help required

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker key recovery help required: HiI have the Bitlocker recovery message on my laptop but I had forgotten my MS account password and no longer had access to the email address associated with it, so I created a new Outlook.com email account and waited 30 days for the transfer. When I logged in via...
  4. Required Support for Window Recovery Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Required Support for Window Recovery Software: Hi Team,I accidentally deleted one of my folders from my office laptop and tried to restore the same by "winfr" command, but the data was not retrieved from the same.This office folder has lots of files having a folder size of approx 20 GB from the last 3 years with...
  5. Required Support for Window Recovery Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Required Support for Window Recovery Software: Hi Team,I accidentally deleted one of my folders from my office laptop and tried to restore the same by "winfr" command, but the data was not retrieved from the same.This office folder has lots of files having a folder size of approx 20 GB from the last 3 years with...
  6. Help with windows 10 recovery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with windows 10 recovery: Here is my problem. My dad got an Aio pc with windows 10. He needs it to work but there are a few caveats. The original owner had a fallout with the sysadmin of the computer and doesn't have/know the user/password for the admin account. I have access to a normal user...
  7. Help required

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help required: I was running the insider 19645 build till this morning but then i got a notifcation saying this build of windows is going to expire soon, i then updated to 20161 but the notification didn't go away Edit: I'm on Windows 10 Preview Release Pls help me submitted by...
  8. Help Required for Windows 10 Clean Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help Required for Windows 10 Clean Installation: Hi All I have just built myself a brand new PC. It is based on the AMD Ryzen 5 2600 CPU using a Gigabyte GA-B450 Gaming X Motherboard. Included is a WD Blue 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD and 32GB of Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666Mhz RAM. The motherboard supports M.2 PCI3 x4 SSD and 32GB of...
  9. help required to delete the extra recovery partition

in Windows 10 Support
    help required to delete the extra recovery partition: I had purchased an HP laptop that came with windows 8. This was upgraded online to v 8.1 and then to windows 10 and subsequently to the feature updates of Windows 10. When checking (yesterday) with disk management I found there were three recovery partitions apart from the...
  10. Windows 10 and DISM help required please

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 and DISM help required please: Is this the correct place to get help for DISM on Windows 10? Thank you, Nolly 87249