Windows 10: Windows 10 recovery usb

Discus and support Windows 10 recovery usb in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Would a Windows 10 Pro recovery usb also work on Windows 10 Home edition....? 68983 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Caledonia, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Caledonia Win User

Windows 10 recovery usb

Would a Windows 10 Pro recovery usb also work on Windows 10 Home edition....?

:)

Caledonia, Nov 4, 2016
  2. O John Win User

Unable to go to safe mode after upgrading to Windows 10

Let me rephrase that...

Create a windows 10 recovery disk on a usb drive.

Boot the computer from the usb.

It will reinstall or refresh windows 10 like new.

Google usb windows 10 recovery drive for details.

O John, Nov 4, 2016
  3. Recovery

Once windows 10 has successfully installed, can I delete my windows 8 recovery from my USB and create a recovery for windows 10?

Do I need to even delete the windows 8 recovery from my USB before creating recovery for windows 10

angelaparker2, Nov 4, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10 recovery usb

It depends upon how the recovery drive was made. A standard Windows 10 installation USB flash drive will because it contains both Home and Pro. A recovery drive created from a specific computer with the Recovery Media Creator will only contain the version of Windows 10 that was on that computer, to the best of my knowledge.

NavyLCDR, Nov 4, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 recovery usb

1. Windows 10 recovery usb - Similar Threads - recovery usb

2. Which file format, FAT32 or NTFS, should I use to crease a USB 3 recovery drive for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which file format, FAT32 or NTFS, should I use to crease a USB 3 recovery drive for Windows 10?: Which file format, FAT32 or NTFS, should I use to crease a USB 3 recovery drive for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-file-format-fat32-or-ntfs-should-i-use-to/4ef44687-f2ee-4f61-8257-7882455186ca
  3. USB system recovery creation started failing

USB system recovery creation started failing: Hi, I'm getting errors: "We can't create a recovery drive" and "Some required files are missing" It might have to do with me enabling VM technology on the BIOS, or with the fact I was so annoyed by one perhaps automatic windows update that wouldn't let the computer shutdown...
  4. Can I, using a recovery USB, change what drive my windows is installed to?

Can I, using a recovery USB, change what drive my windows is installed to?: My SSD is spitting out errors like crazy and I want to move my windows install to my secondary HDD. I have a recovery USB from the maker of my PC, but I can't get a clear answer on if the USB will let me choose what drive it goes on. Help?...
  5. Recovery USB---what else do I need? Win 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recovery USB---what else do I need? Win 10: Running Windows 10. Almost had a disaster last night. Blue screen indicating something like, "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart." NTFS filesystem. Then got this over and over along with "Preparing automatic Repair". "Start up Repair" (didn't work). I couldn't...
  6. Can't use Windows 10 recovery USB drive

Can't use Windows 10 recovery USB drive: My HP laptop with Windows 10 Home wouldn't boot into windows or repair itself or do a system restore. The only thing it would do is let me create a recovery USB to restore my files, settings, etc. So, I chose that option from the boot menu and it supposedly successfully...
  7. Recovery USB problems

Recovery USB problems: I have made a recovery USB drive but it was 128GB but after creating the recovery is was only 32GB. I looked online for various solutions but decided to try MiniTool Partition Wizard, a free program and this enabled me to easily recover the lost space as another drive. My...
  8. I have made a recovery USB drive but it was 128GB but after creating the recovery is was...

I have made a recovery USB drive but it was 128GB but after creating the recovery is was...: I looked online for various solutions but decided to try MiniTool Partition Wizard, a free program and this enabled me to easily recover the lost space as another drive. My problem is that I am not sure if this will affect the recovery facility. I can also change the size of...
  9. USB Recovery

USB Recovery: Hi, Some time ago I created a USB recovery drive for each of my family's PCs and laptops. I've mixed the USBs up! How do I identify which usb recovery drive goes with which PC? Regards Tony...
  10. USB Recovery Disk created under Mode S

USB Recovery Disk created under Mode S: I have the Recovery Disk created under S shortly after my laptop was purchased a week or so back. Will this disk support a recovery of Windows 10 Home, or will it instead return me to Windows 10 S...? Cheers all... Al....