Windows 10: Windows 10 Redstone 5 will bring new edit controls to context menu

Discus and support Windows 10 Redstone 5 will bring new edit controls to context menu in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has made it a priority to make Windows 10 feel and look more modern, and as part of this strategy, the tiniest parts of the operating system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 17, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 Redstone 5 will bring new edit controls to context menu

Microsoft has made it a priority to make Windows 10 feel and look more modern, and as part of this strategy, the tiniest parts of the operating system have received updates.

The context menu, that appears when the user would right-click mouse anywhere inside the OS, is getting a new update. It appears that with the next update codenamed Redstone 5, Microsoft is bringing the new modern edit controls to the context menu.

With Windows 10 Build 17692 or newer, you can access the new content. It works in apps such as Settings and Cortana. The new edit controls allow you to undo, select all and cut.

Windows 10 Redstone 5 will bring new edit controls to context menu New-edit-controls-on-context-menu.jpg
    Image Courtesy: Michael West

At Build 2018 developer conference, Microsoft announced the context menu with Fluent Design and other refinements. Both Fluent Design and the new context menu are expected to evolve before the public release of Windows 10 Redstone 5 in October.

Microsoft is betting big on Fluent Design and the strategy will allow the company to completely overhaul the interface of Windows 10, and it’s likely that certain elements, like the reveal effect, will also expand to the other parts of the OS at some point in the future.

In a blog post, Microsoft explains that the new Acrylic material is being used in light-dismiss XAML controls and like flyouts. Windows 10 Redstone 5 will also bring Fluent Design to AutoSuggestBox dropdowns, ComboBox dropdowns, Date and TimePicker flyouts and MediaTransportControl flyouts/overflows.

In other news, Windows 10 Build 17692 (RS5) also comes with improved Storage Sense that would automatically make any downloaded Files On-Demand online-only if you haven’t used them in a while. You’ll be able to access the new Storage Sense from the Settings > System > Storage.

With Redstone 5, Microsoft is expected to focus on the design aspects of Windows 10, trying to make the OS look modern. The aforementioned changes should be part of the Redstone 5 update and the other refinements are likely to be implemented as well.

It’s worth mentioning that the new and improved Fluent Design is a work in progress and it could evolve substantially before Microsoft makes it available to the general public. Redstone 5, the next update that would be launching for Windows 10 later this year.

The post Windows 10 Redstone 5 will bring new edit controls to context menu appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 17, 2018

2. mouse left click brings up context menu

Windows 10. Wired HP mouse began bringing up context menu when clicking left key or right key. Have tried several suggested fixes that have not worked. Found suggestions for Win 7 and Win 8.1 but nothing for this in Win 10.

jthomps8587, Jun 18, 2018
  3. INSTG8R Win User
    INSTG8R, Jun 18, 2018
  4. Necrofire Win User

CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

Windows 10 Redstone 5 will bring new edit controls to context menu ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

Windows 10 Redstone 5 will bring new edit controls to context menu ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile Windows 10 Redstone 5 will bring new edit controls to context menu :)

Necrofire, Jun 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Redstone 5 will bring new edit controls to context menu - Similar Threads - Redstone bring edit

2. [Help] edit context menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] edit context menu: https://i.imgur.com/gNs7hkRr.jpg Win10 context menu. Pls help. How do I edit the "delete" function location and remove the "email image" function from the context menus ? I keep deleting when I want to rename and emailing images when I want to save. I tried regedit but...
  3. Context menu edit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Context menu edit: Good afternoon I would like to ask for advice on how to edit the folder context menu in Windows 10 x64 build 1803, do I need 3rd party software ?, thank you. 117739
  4. Windows 10 Redstone 5 to bring Fluent Design improvements and more to Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone 5 to bring Fluent Design improvements and more to Edge: Microsoft Edge browser is getting features twice a year with new versions of Windows 10 operating system and security fixes are provided second Tuesday of every month. Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will include some major improvements for Edge browser, which is the default web...
  5. A look at the new features coming to Windows 10 with Redstone 5

in Windows 10 News
    A look at the new features coming to Windows 10 with Redstone 5: The next big update of Windows 10 is codenamed Redstone 5 and it’s projected to arrive in the fall. Windows 10 Redstone 5 is currently in development, and Microsoft is improving the OS with the help from Windows Insiders. Windows 10 RS 5 will be a big update, and it’ll...
  6. Windows 10 Redstone 5 will bring Fluent Design to context menu

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone 5 will bring Fluent Design to context menu: Microsoft is slowly bringing Fluent Design to all parts of Windows 10, and the design is evolving with the next update. Microsoft appears to be expanding Fluent Design to more parts of Windows 10, and the most recent preview build comes with similar changes in this regard. A...
  7. How to edit context menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to edit context menu?: My context menus are already bloated by various software I installed. How do I remove items from there? 12169
  8. Windows 10 Mobile Redstone to Bring New Battery Improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile Redstone to Bring New Battery Improvements: Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update will now prompt you to enable battery saver once your battery is low In the last Windows 10 Mobile and PC Anniversary Update, the settings pane for the battery saver app was redesigned, but Microsoft also added a new battery focused...
  9. Add Control Panel to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Control Panel to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Control Panel to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Control Panel context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, there are a few different ways to find and change your settings: app settings, and search. Most of the settings that...
  10. Windows 10 Mobile Redstone Builds Bringing New Loading Circle Animatio

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile Redstone Builds Bringing New Loading Circle Animatio: Windows 10 Mobile Redstone Builds Bringing New Loading Circle Animation More small refinements prepared for the upcoming builds [img] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] As we’ve told you earlier today, Microsoft is expected to launch new Windows 10...