Windows 10: Windows 10 refuses Intel NVMe SSD driver.

Discus and support Windows 10 refuses Intel NVMe SSD driver. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just installed an Intel NVMe SSD 400gig on my Asus Z97-deluxe with latest bios. All went OK but just one problem. Windows 10 insists on using thethe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aldel, Aug 24, 2015.

1. aldel Win User

Windows 10 refuses Intel NVMe SSD driver.

Just installed an Intel NVMe SSD 400gig on my Asus Z97-deluxe with latest bios. All went OK but just one problem. Windows 10 insists on using thethe Microsoft driver. I have downloaded the latest Intel driver and installer for the drive but winows insists the Microsoft driver is the best and refuses to permit me to install the Intel one.
    How do I force the intel driver installation?

:)

aldel, Aug 24, 2015
  2. EITheGun Win User

Bluescreen: Watchdog Violation

thanks for the fast respond,

to the first question: Windows says it would be up to date.

to the secound question: i updated them 3 weeks ago and there weren't no new ones for the Intel SSD NVMe

to the third question: randomly, some times while gaming from the NVMe Intel SSD, some times while Idle or browsing.

i'll try the "troubleshooting" link

Edit:

After reinstalling of the NVMe Driver the crash periode is much shorter than before, (before every 2h, after every 20min)

EITheGun, Aug 24, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology Failure - Platform Not Supported

Well, Intel do provide another download specifically for NVMe SSD's, again it is hard to find as NVMe's are not mainstream yet (Nice Drive by the Way!) -

Click HERE

I suppose you could remove your current version of Intel RST and try this download to see if you can see all your drives, maybe it can be installed alongside the other version - Intel's documentation is not very clear which version to install when one has
    as many different types of drive installed . . .

If all else fails you can reinstall the other version . . .

DaveM121, Aug 24, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

The problem isn't intrinsic to Windows 10.

I have the same SSD on an X99 board, and was able to install the Intel NVME drivers without difficulty.

If you have BIOS 2205 or later (for NVME support), and have the latest Intel chipset drivers installed, I'm out of ideas.

bobkn, Aug 24, 2015
  5. aldel Win User
    Latest chipset drivers from Asus but no go. Just says The best driver software fore your device is already installed . Driver... Date: 21/06/2006 Version 10.0.10240.16384 Provider Microsoft.

aldel, Aug 24, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    What's your BIOS version?

bobkn, Aug 24, 2015
  7. aldel Win User
    Asus z97-deluxe Bios 2303 Haswell CPU. Drive works fine but stuck with Microsoft drivers so not running at full speed on Intel 750. Bios set up for SSD to be boot drive but not installing on it until running at full speed otherwise a lot of money wasted.

aldel, Aug 24, 2015
  8. bobkn Win User

BIOS 2303 should be OK with NVME. I can't guess why the Intel drivers won't install.

One oddity: I have the NVME drivers installed on my system. I have since tried to install the Intel RST drivers, which are supposed to be best even without RAID. They will not install; I believe that the error message was something like "unsupported platform". I got the drivers directly from Asrock, and they are supposed to support my board under Win 10 X64.

From reviews of the Intel 750, it's not clear how much of a performance advantage comes with the NVME drivers. I'd want them if I didn't have them, but it's unclear how much gain is to be had on a system that isn't a server.

bobkn, Aug 24, 2015
  9. aldel Win User
    Possibly solved. Uninstalled MS disk and storage controller. Rebooted without intel 750 installed. Shut down and rebooted with Intel NVMe ssd 750 installed. Went to storage controllers and updated the NVMe contoller with the Intel driver and it was accepted. In the Disk Drives list the driver for the SSD disk remains Microsoft. Now for some speed tests to confirm.
    Many thanks

aldel, Aug 24, 2015
  10. oldon Win User
    With the recent release of Intel NVMe 1.3 driver and updated firmware for the 750 2.5" SSD, this situation just became much clearer.
    In device manager under 'Storage Controllers' there should be an 'Intel NVMe/Solid State Drive' entry in addition to the Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller (after completing the driver and firmware updates, it is called 'Intel(R) Solid-State Drive P3700/P3600/P3500/750 Series' - prior to that it was called something like 'Intel NVMe Express').
    I'm not sure what caused that entry to appear, I had not done any updates prior to that (apart from usual Windows 10 latest Updates).
    This was the entity that accepted the Intel NVMe 1.3 driver update (search for device driver etc) !
    And yes, just like aldel said, the driver for the disk under 'Disk Drives' is still the Microsoft driver.
    In hindsight, I'm not sure that it's wise to fiddle with the Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller even though I almost did!

The firmware update via the Intel SSD Data Centre Tool 2.3 then worked - until I updated the driver, the
    'isdct show -intelssd' command would not work, it told me to update to the NVMe driver first !

And yes, NVMe disk speed is now noticeably faster.

oldon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 refuses Intel NVMe SSD driver. - Similar Threads - refuses Intel NVMe

2. Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe: I've been searching the web for this answer but I cannot find any. It's either they tell you how to upgrade from Windows 7 on regular HDD to Windows 10 on regular HDD or how they migrate from Windows 10 on HDD to Windows 10 on SSD NVME.So right now I'm still using Windows 7...
  3. Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe: I've been searching the web for this answer but I cannot find any. It's either they tell you how to upgrade from Windows 7 on regular HDD to Windows 10 on regular HDD or how they migrate from Windows 10 on HDD to Windows 10 on SSD NVME.So right now I'm still using Windows 7...
  4. Upgrade Windows 7 on SSD NVMe to Windows 10 on SSD NVMe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Transferring Windows to smaller NVME SSD from a bigger NVME SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows to smaller NVME SSD from a bigger NVME SSD: So, I recently got a 500gb Samsung 980 Pro and I want to transfer Windows from my 1TB WD Blue to my new SSD. So I set it up and everything went well setting it up wise, until I looked up how to change the boot drive in my PC. For all of the scenarios they had a 1tb HDD then a...
  6. NVMe SSD Disappearing In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVMe SSD Disappearing In Windows 10: SYSTEM SPECS: MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte z390 Aorus Master F11l Bios CPU: Intel i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz with EVGA CLC 240 AIO Cooler GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 Super FTW3 Hybrid PSU: Seasonic FOCUS GX-750 750W 80+ Gold MEMORY: G. Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 32GB RAM 4x8GB @ 3200MHz...
  7. NVME SSD

NVME SSD: Do all versions of Windows 10, including business (Volume license), have built in NVme drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvme-ssd/4df34df6-e834-425b-b1c1-716012fe31a6
  8. NVME SSD not working on Windows 10

NVME SSD not working on Windows 10: I put the module into the m.2 slot , it didn't show up in explorer. I brought up disk manager and device manager but neither showed my SSD. Then I checked in BIOS setup and found it was recognized. Then I swapped the slots of my boot drive and the new SSD, but the problem...
  9. Intel NVMe and Intel RSTe Driver Pack Advisory escalation of privilege

in Windows 10 News
    Intel NVMe and Intel RSTe Driver Pack Advisory escalation of privilege: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00154 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release: 10/09/2018 Last revised: 10/09/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in the Intel® Storage NVMe and Rapid Storage...
  10. Windows 10 refuses to install on SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 refuses to install on SSD: Basically I had windows 10 installed on NVMe Samsung 960 SSD for awhile. Along with it there were 2 more partitions configured: 1 dynamic partition (2x 2TB HDD), 1 static (1x 1TB HDD). Now due to some issues decided to re-install Windows 10 completely. Booted to Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinitialize a raid 10 nvme drive

2. amd raid drivers

3. Windows 10 refuses Intel NVMe SSD driver

4. windows 10 nvme seivwe,
  5. nvme windows 10 driver,
  6. intel win 10 nvme driver