Windows 10: Windows 10 Registry CTRL-F Spins Non-Stop and Finds Nothing.

Discus and support Windows 10 Registry CTRL-F Spins Non-Stop and Finds Nothing. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 and tried to search for "mypcbackup" in my registry using CTRL-F so I can delete this pesky malware that somehow got on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AstralTim67, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Registry CTRL-F Spins Non-Stop and Finds Nothing.

I am running Windows 10 and tried to search for "mypcbackup" in my registry using CTRL-F so I can delete this pesky malware that somehow got on my system. I'm usually more cautious. The search finds nothing, which is great but it never stops, which leads me to believe it is not searching at all. Prior to me writing this, my system crashed and wouldn't boot. Tried everything under the sun to repair boot files and ended up using a cloned drive and system image to restore hard drive. Had this "registry search issue" before system crashed. Also, I am so sick and tired of "System Restore Points" disappearing. I find it extremely disturbing that Microsoft couldn't put these restore points in some type of protected directory so they don't get deleted by Malware. All Malware scans using Trend Micro, Malwarebytes and IOLO System Mechanic, find nothing. I am surprised there is no resolution for an issue such as this which is over 2 years old. I love Linux but that too has issues. Any help would be amazing.

:)

AstralTim67, Sep 8, 2016
  2. AriNot Win User

Disabling monitor auto detection in windows 10

Got the same issue.

No TMM in registry, making a fake copy doesn't help. I even did a CTRL+F for the Key referenced and found nothing at all.

AriNot, Sep 8, 2016
  3. ActiveSync spins and spins but nothing happens

Problem solved!

on the phone go to --> settings, connections, USB-to-PC.. There's a button checked for ActiveSync. Right under it is a check box that says "enable faster data synchronization" (clear this check box if ActiveSync does not recognize this device)

blinkyjesus, Sep 8, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Windows 10 Registry CTRL-F Spins Non-Stop and Finds Nothing.

Hi AstralTim67 and welcome to Tenforums.

Please download and run ADWCleaner. That should find everything you need to get rid of in the registry and elsewhere. Run the SCAN, verify everything it's found is indeed something to be deleted, then run the CLEAN.

simrick, Sep 8, 2016
  5. lx07 Win User
    What version of Windows 10 do you have? The previous version (1511) had a problem with registry editor where it would search for ever and then crash. The current version (1607) this problem is fixed. You can check your version by typing winver on a command line.

If you are on an old version you might want to consider upgrading - not that that would help with a virus I don't suppose but it would make regedit work.

lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Registry CTRL-F Spins Non-Stop and Finds Nothing.

1. Windows 10 Registry CTRL-F Spins Non-Stop and Finds Nothing. - Similar Threads - Registry CTRL Spins

2. PC spinning with nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC spinning with nothing: My PC keeps spinning after windows logo and nothing. Im sitting here for hours now and still spinning. I got the update yesterday and install it. It is successful and I shutdown the computer but now it is not loading at all....
  3. PC spinning with nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC spinning with nothing: My PC keeps spinning after windows logo and nothing. Im sitting here for hours now and still spinning. I got the update yesterday and install it. It is successful and I shutdown the computer but now it is not loading at all....
  4. PC spinning with nothing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 annoying ctrl+f sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 annoying ctrl+f sound: Hi everyone, I've recently upgraded to Windows 11. Whenever I do ctrl+f and fail to search something on the page, it would play this annoying sound. The sound wasn't as annoying in previous versions of windows, but the latest sound is too annoying. I've looked on some guides,...
  6. Windows 11 annoying ctrl+f sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 annoying ctrl+f sound: Hi everyone, I've recently upgraded to Windows 11. Whenever I do ctrl+f and fail to search something on the page, it would play this annoying sound. The sound wasn't as annoying in previous versions of windows, but the latest sound is too annoying. I've looked on some guides,...
  7. Windows 10 Stuck On CTRL + F

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Stuck On CTRL + F: When I open up Google Chrome abd attempt to start typing in the search bar, my PC automatically holds down ctrl + f, and doesnt let me close the "find" tab or even type anything in it (deletes instantly). This happens in Microsoft Edge as well. I've tried switching keyboards...
  8. CTRL+F doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CTRL+F doesn't work: I don't know why but CTRL+F stopped working completely for me on all applications. I've tried things like uninstalling the keyboard driver and reinstalling it, and all the keys definitely work individually (for example I can use CTRL+SHIFT+F just fine for some applications...
  9. Windows 10 1903 broke Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 broke Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F: It would appear after 1903 upgrade, Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F hotkey in one of my applications has broken. Using Spy++, it appears to be File Explorer that is taking over this hotkey. Is there a way to disable this?...
  10. Windows 10 and Ctrl + F

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 and Ctrl + F: In previous versions of Windows (or is it just the Firefox browser?), searching for terms (using Ctrl + F) in browsers was better--instead of searching solely for whole terms, it searched for anything you typed (e.g., while typing "eradicate", it would have found every "e",...