Windows 10: Windows 10 reinstall help needed.

Discus and support Windows 10 reinstall help needed. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Ok guys. I've got a friends computer here. It was so ravaged by a virus I had to format the drive and reinstall. That being said, I downloaded Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by barryjames, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Windows 10 reinstall help needed.

Ok guys. I've got a friends computer here. It was so ravaged by a virus I had to format the drive and reinstall.
    That being said, I downloaded Windows 10 Home from Microsofts site, burnt the ISO to a dvd and installed.

I skipped the key part, because I assumed it'd just grab it from the bios. Anyhow, I was about to drop it off to them this morning but it popped up and said activation required etc. So I put in the pulled key and it failed.

Here's the info from Showkey plus:

product name: windows 10 home single language
    product id: 00327-60000-00000-aa833
    installed key: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-6f4bt
    oem key: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-7fr7f
    oem edition: Win 10 RTM Core OEM : DM

Any suggestions? I really need to get this going.
    Cheers,
    Barry

:)

barryjames, Jul 4, 2016

2. Need Help Reinstalling Windows 10

You can install Windows 10 again from this page. Since you already had Windows 10 on that computer, it will be free to install again. Go to Download
    Windows 10
    to get started.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 4, 2016
  3. Need help with reinstalling windows 10

If SFC won't repair System files after running 3 times, then the next step is to run a Windows 7

Repair Install.

But since that reinstalls the OS over programs and settings that may remain corrupt and cause the Upgrade to choke and end up with issues, I'd recommend instead a

Clean Reinstall Windows 7,
    deleting all partitions during the booted install. When it starts up get online, only install
    Microsoft Security Essentials, fully update, Activate, save a System Image in Backup Center so you can go back at any time.

Then Install Windows 10 using the media creation tool - Windows Help .

Tick the checkbox in first option to automate the process, or select "For another PC" to create bootable flash media or download an ISO to burn to DVD with Windows Image Burner. Now you have media for reinstalls or needed repairs. But to run the
    Upgrade the media must be opened in Windows 7/8.1, then right click Setup file to Run as Administrator.

If asked do not insert a Product Key at any time, just click Skip or Next. Choose to Save Nothing which will be the same as a Clean Install.

To improve the Upgrade's chances turn off everything at Startup:

In Windows 7, type msconfig in Start Search Box, uncheck everything on Startup and Services tabs,
    after Hiding all MS Services. Apply, restart.

In Windows 8.1, right click Task Bar to open Task Manager, disable everything in Startup Tab, Apply, Reboot.

Uninstall any anti-virus except Defender. Bloated AV's like Norton, MacAfee, AVG and Avast need to have special
    Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase.

Stick with built-in Defender in Windows 10 for best performance and adequate protection. If you get infected add the inexpensive Real Time protection from the best-in-class free malware scanner
    Malwarebytes . No one I’ve had do this has ever been infected again. I'd also periodically scan with Malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware
    or the more powerful AdwCleaner scanners, also best-in-class and free.

Immediately after install, type Update in Start Search box to Check for Updates, expedite these through requested restart, then check again until no more are offered.

Next right click Start button to open Device Manager, import any drivers still missing from the PC or Device's Support Downloads webpage.
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

Feel free to ask back any questions and keep us posted on how it goes.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 4, 2016
  4. Windows 10 reinstall help needed.

Sounds as though you downloaded the Single Language ISO. Was that the previous Windows edition?

If it was just Windows Home, then you want just the Windows 10 ISO
    You'll have to download and reinstall.

If the previous OS was single language, then you don't have to do this

Suggest: Tech Bench
    Scroll down to Download ISO and pick Windows 10

Windows 10 reinstall help needed. [​IMG]
    Pick your language
    Press the bit-depth you want to download (64-bit does not work on 32-bit machines)

The ISO has both Home (Core) and Pro in it

Slartybart, Jul 4, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    You should have downloaded and installed just plain Windows 10 and not the Single Language Edition.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 reinstall help needed.

1. Windows 10 reinstall help needed. - Similar Threads - reinstall help needed

2. Need help with reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with reinstalling windows: Hello,I am in dire need of help with reinstalling windows or wiping my drive. I dont know what I did but my windows features like start, settings, search ect. Stopped working. I have only access to the File Explorer and command prompt. I tried to reinstall and wipe my laptop...
  3. Need help with reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with reinstalling windows: Hello,I am in dire need of help with reinstalling windows or wiping my drive. I dont know what I did but my windows features like start, settings, search ect. Stopped working. I have only access to the File Explorer and command prompt. I tried to reinstall and wipe my laptop...
  4. Need help with reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I need help reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help reinstalling windows: My computer recently experienced a “Critical Process Died” error and now it won’t boot, it’s on a loop where it says that the automatic repair didn’t work. I’ve tried many different solutions but none of them worked. The only option I have left is reinstalling window. The...
  6. need help reinstalling windows 10

need help reinstalling windows 10: hey guys i was about to reinitialize my windows 10 and the electricity shut down and now it giving me error when i try to reinitialize it again i decided to reinstall windows 10 if i do it will i need another windows 10 key ? what to chose in mediacreation tool UPDATE or...
  7. need help reinstalling windows 10

need help reinstalling windows 10: my pc fucked up and i need to reinstall windows 10. nothing on the BSOD works, can i reinstall it without a CD or USB drive? submitted by /u/Ayuyuyunia [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fa10qu/need_help_reinstalling_windows_10/
  8. Need help reinstalling windows 10

Need help reinstalling windows 10: A week ago I made a thread in which I said I installed Linux on my laptop and I was switching back to windows. Well, I tried doing it today and... this proved to be way more difficult than I thought it'd be. Booting a USB is easy with the tool Microsoft gives you. Only one...
  9. I Need to ReInstall Windows 10 but it was an upgrade, Help?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Need to ReInstall Windows 10 but it was an upgrade, Help?: Need to ReInstall Windows 10 home 64-bit, Please help methods? I have Windows 10 Home 64bit and need to reinstall it, not clean install, and I no disc or product or license for it. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 back when doing so was 100% free, so I do have a...
  10. Help needed to reinstall Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help needed to reinstall Windows 10.: Hi guys, I have some questions about clean installing Windows 10. Basically I am trying to get around having to download Windows 10, burn it to cd, and reinstall. Can I use reset feature to clean install Windows 10? Will this give me a completely clean image to work from?...