Windows 10: Windows 10 reinstall using usb

Discus and support Windows 10 reinstall using usb in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I installed w10 and worked fine but then stopped for the life of me I couldn't fix it so I downloaded windows 10 to a usb to reinstall. However... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Willgf89, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Willgf89 Win User

Windows 10 reinstall using usb

So I installed w10 and worked fine but then stopped for the life of me I couldn't fix it so I downloaded windows 10 to a usb to reinstall.

However i I do not have an activation keys.... This is pretty dumb of Ms as they didn't give me any for the download which broke my pc

plz help?...

:)

Willgf89, Sep 12, 2015

2. Reinstall Windows 10 using a USB Flash Drive

My Dell 8900 XPS had the motherboard go out on it. So I just had the motherboard swapped out today with the exact same motherboard. When we fired up the computer, Windows 10 seemed to start to load.......but after some spinning dots......I was given a page
    that said "Something is wrong with your PC. It needs to be restarted. It will be restarted." Or something like that. It then got caught in this loop where it will shut down, restart again to the same point, then shut down again. I thought........alright....Ill
    just reinstall the operating system. I made a USB disk with Windows 10 on it. The disk works fine in another one of my computers so I know its fine. I put that in my ailing computer and set the BIOS to boot off the USB drive. The computer continues to shut
    down. Its shutting down no matter how I set up the BIOS. So the Windows 10 disk isnt helping.....any ideas?

Original Title/Subject: Windows 10 stuck an infinite loop

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

SamuelCounter, Sep 12, 2015
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 using a USB Flash Drive

yes reinstal

VANEZPUTRY, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Windows 10 reinstall using usb

There are no activation keys for the free Upgrade; instead, it is activated automatically when you do the in-place upgrade from an existing activated Win7/8/8.1 install. IF your machine has already had an activate Win10 version running on it, then when you do a reinstall from the USB, just skip the activation screen and it will later activate automatically.

Mark Phelps, Sep 12, 2015
  5. Willgf89 Win User
    Hey thanks. After a bit of trial and error I've been able to reinstall win 10 and skipped entering the code however it has not recognised that I was running a previous version of windows like it did in the original install so says. I need activation

Willgf89, Sep 12, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Did you install the exact same version of Windows 10 that was on previously? Home, Pro, N, Single Language....

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 reinstall using usb

1. Windows 10 reinstall using usb - Similar Threads - reinstall using usb

2. Windows 10 USB reinstallation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 USB reinstallation: I have an Asus laptop that had an account on it that I didn’t know the password for, so I tried to do a complete reboot of the computer and during the installation of Windows 10 I got impatient and turned it off. Afterwords, it wouldn’t boot up so I tried reinstalling Windows...
  3. Reinstalling Windows Using USB but No bootable device.

Reinstalling Windows Using USB but No bootable device.: So, When I was using windows i got a No bootable device, After I waited for 2 says my USB came with windows iso file inside it. I selected it and it worked but i turned my pc off in the Repair my computer and I tried reinstalling again but its shows No bootable device i...
  4. Reinstalling Windows 10 from usb

Reinstalling Windows 10 from usb: Hi, i have had made progress in trying to get Windows 10 reinstalled on my acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14 i tried to reset it but then it got stuck on the acer logo page, and came across this article as it seem the best thing to do the original article came from Dave m i...
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10 from USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling Windows 10 from USB: Hi to all, I’m desperately trying to reinstall Windows from USB on my Surface Laptop 3 but it appears all drivers are deactivated from the very beginning (language to install/time and currency/input screen) That would make sense but even the trackpad is not working. I...
  6. Reinstall of Windows 10 via USB?

Reinstall of Windows 10 via USB?: Hello :) I'm not an expert with computers and I would like to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10. I was told by a technician in a store that I can do this with a USB stick. Is this true, and if so how? I would like to have a clean reinstall of Windows so that my laptop...
  7. Reinstall windows 10 using mbr

Reinstall windows 10 using mbr: So i was trying to reinstall windows on my laptop and during the installation i formated all of my drive and then when i try to install it say it can only install on gpt drive. So i use diskpart to convert the drive to gpt but the cmd say that my drive cant be converted to...
  8. After using the USB Flash Drive to reinstall Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    After using the USB Flash Drive to reinstall Windows 10: After I used the USB flash drive to reinstall the Windows 10, my startup disk became the disk that I choose when I use the flash drive which was D', the previous startup disk was SSD and now become E'. So how can I set the SSD as the startup disk?...
  9. Windows Reinstall with USB

Windows Reinstall with USB: Recently I was playing videoganes on my CyberPower PC and noticed some stuttering/lag that was unusual. I decieded to perform a system restore to see if that would fix. System restore ended up getting stuck (left running for 8 hours). I restarted the computer and now windows...
  10. How can i reinstall windows 10 using usb

How can i reinstall windows 10 using usb: Hello guys as i posted before my laptop wont work and im stuck on repair boot loop. I have tried everything like system restore, safemode, cmd bootrec/rebuild bcd. except reinstalling windows10. Can someone please tell me how to install windows 10 because when i bought the...