Windows 10: Windows 10 reinstallation on a laptop shipped with Windows

Discus and support Windows 10 reinstallation on a laptop shipped with Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! Is is possible to make a clean reinstall (suppose I want to completely wipe out my hard drive and then perform installation) of Windows on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ОлександрБугайов, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Windows 10 reinstallation on a laptop shipped with Windows

Hello!

Is is possible to make a clean reinstall (suppose I want to completely wipe out my hard drive and then perform installation) of Windows on a laptop from downloaded ISO and use licence key which was provided with laptop for pre-installed Windows to activate that freshly installed OS?

Thanks.

:)

ОлександрБугайов, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jul 10, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 reinstallation on a laptop shipped with Windows

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Windows 10 reinstallation on a laptop shipped with Windows :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 reinstallation on a laptop shipped with Windows

1. Windows 10 reinstallation on a laptop shipped with Windows - Similar Threads - reinstallation laptop shipped

2. Windows.. is a ship full of wholes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows.. is a ship full of wholes: Ive seen as many others our entire setups being taken over by remote access and us put on virtual systems.. microsoft.. completely ignored the fact the only way i could access my drive was thru virtualization.. are you kidding.. im done.. no more windows.. its barely strung...
  3. Windows.. is a ship full of wholes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows.. is a ship full of wholes: Ive seen as many others our entire setups being taken over by remote access and us put on virtual systems.. microsoft.. completely ignored the fact the only way i could access my drive was thru virtualization.. are you kidding.. im done.. no more windows.. its barely strung...
  4. Windows.. is a ship full of wholes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Laptop Windows 10 reinstall issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Windows 10 reinstall issues: Trying to install Windows 10 Home after previously having Education on my Surface Laptop. All was fine until reaching the drives where I needed to reinstall Windows, with an error message telling me I couldn't install Windows on any of my drives. I found a way to work around...
  6. Shipping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shipping: Hello, how many days is delivery to Bulgaria for the Razer Deathadder Elite mouse? I'm sorry to ask this question here Windows category I just don't know where to ask. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shipping/b32f2f17-436e-425b-9e12-1f991119916b
  7. Reinstalling Windows 10 to a Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 10 to a Laptop: I just a Toshiba C855D Laptop from my parents this past weekend, I thought I was just going to factory reset it so I could start fresh but I accidentally wiped the hard drive clean, now windows 10 is not on it, I've been trying to create a bootable flash drive and disk but my...
  8. Win10 reinstallation on a machine originally shipped with 8.1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 reinstallation on a machine originally shipped with 8.1: Hi all, Apologies if this is a common/already answered question.. My laptop was shipped with Windows 8.1 from new. I then took advantage of the free Win 10 upgrade, so I currently have Win 10 Home. However I would like to re-install the OS as a fresh install to speed...
  9. Shipping a Linux Kernel with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Shipping a Linux Kernel with Windows 10: Beginning with Windows Insiders builds this Summer, we will include an in-house custom-built Linux kernel to underpin the newest version of the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). This marks the first time that the Linux kernel will be included as a component in Windows. This...
  10. Will Windows 10 Ship With Outlook?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Will Windows 10 Ship With Outlook?: I have read in a couple of different places that Windows 10 will ship with Outlook straight out of the box. If this is true, then there will be no incentive for me to buy Microsoft Office Professional. Does anybody know if this is true. ~Windows 10 preview now includes...