Windows 10: Windows 10 Release candidate, Store Icon changed on taskbar

Discus and support Windows 10 Release candidate, Store Icon changed on taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've got a clean install version of Windows 10 10240 on my machine. The store Icon recently changed from the all white minimal version to the one shown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pcreyn319, Aug 18, 2015.

1. pcreyn319 Win User

Windows 10 Release candidate, Store Icon changed on taskbar

I've got a clean install version of Windows 10 10240 on my machine. The store Icon recently changed from the all white minimal version to the one shown in the image attached. The background color changes with the theme. Any idea why this has happened? I've run the SFC /scannow command and found no errors. Additionally, I've cleared the Icon cache using the instructions at the link below.

Icon Cache - Rebuild in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thanks.

Windows 10 Release candidate, Store Icon changed on taskbar [​IMG]

:)

pcreyn319, Aug 18, 2015

2. Removed Windows Store from taskbar, but blank space remains after removal

I wanted to remove the Windows Store icon from my Windows 10 taskbar, as I rarely need to visit the Store and I wanted to reclaim the space used by the Store icon on the taskbar.

When I right-clicked on the Store icon and selected "Unpin" as the option, the icon image disappeared but there remains a blank space where the icon used to be. If I add another application to the taskbar, it appears to the right of the blank space.

When I right-click on the blank space, the options shown are: "Store" (with the Store icon showing to the left), "Pin to taskbar" and "Close all windows". If I then click "Pin to taskbar", a new Windows Store icon appears in the taskbar to the left of the
    blank space, but the blank space remains.

How do I get rid of the blank space? Is there a registry area where I can view all the entries used to populate the taskbar with added apps and where I might be able to isolate the entry for the blank space and delete it?

DrTechnical, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Windows 10: Programs will not stay open when you click on icons in the taskbar.

Hi Madysen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "My programs in the taskbar (from left to right) Store, Movies", are you referring that all the programs are not working in the taskbar?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to unpin the taskbar icons and then try to re-pin the icons back to taskbar.

1. On the taskbar, right click on Store
    icon.

2. Then click on Unpin this program from taskbar.

3. Click on Search bar.

4. Type "Store" without the quotes in the search bar and click on
    Pin to taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using taskbar icons, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Release candidate, Store Icon changed on taskbar

paulsalter, Aug 18, 2015
  5. pcreyn319 Win User
    That didn't seem to help. Some of the other icons are doing it as well. See below.

pcreyn319, Aug 18, 2015
  6. Do they look normal if you pin them to the start menu?

paulsalter, Aug 18, 2015
  7. pcreyn319 Win User
    They do look normal there. It is really strange. I remember they looked like this in one of the preview builds but they were modernized at some point. Don't know why they have reverted. Any idea on a file path for the icon image?

pcreyn319, Aug 18, 2015
  8. Windows 10 Release candidate, Store Icon changed on taskbar

paulsalter, Aug 18, 2015
  9. pcreyn319 Win User
    That fixed it...thanks!

pcreyn319, Aug 18, 2015
  10. Good to hear it's fixed *Smile

I use that occasionally if apps start misbehaving

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Release candidate, Store Icon changed on taskbar

1. Windows 10 Release candidate, Store Icon changed on taskbar - Similar Threads - Release candidate Store

2. How to change windows 10 icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change windows 10 icon on taskbar: i want to know how can i change the icon of windows 10 on the taskbar as the custom themes do but i dont know how to do it any sugestions?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-windows-10-icon-on-taskbar/cc68e256-7115-4d2b-81f5-b301d5693788
  3. Windows Terminal Release Candidate v0.11.1333.0 (1.0rc2) to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Terminal Release Candidate v0.11.1333.0 (1.0rc2) to Windows 10: Changes Some of you reported that text would literally melt, so we added two new rendering options to help congeal your terminal experience (#5853) You can use the following (global!) settings to control various aspects of our rendering engine:...
  4. New Windows Terminal Release Candidate v0.11.1251.0 for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows Terminal Release Candidate v0.11.1251.0 for Windows 10: Changes This is the first release of Terminal whose name doesn't have "(Preview)" in it! That doesn't necessarily mean we're done, but it does mean that this is the first release candidate. Rendering (Performance!) Terminal no longer renders the entire screen when...
  5. Announcing .NET Core 3.0 Release Candidate 1

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing .NET Core 3.0 Release Candidate 1: Today, we’re announcing .NET Core 3.0 Release Candidate 1. Just like with Preview 9, we’ve focused on polishing .NET Core 3.0 for a final release. We are now getting very, very close. We intend to release the final version on September 23 at .NET Conf. Download .NET Core 3.0...
  6. Announcing TypeScript 3.3 Release Candidate

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing TypeScript 3.3 Release Candidate: Today we’re happy to announce the availability of our release candidate (RC) of TypeScript 3.3. Our hope is to collect feedback and early issues to ensure our final release is simple to pick up and use right away. To get started using the RC, you can get it through NuGet, or...
  7. How to change Windows 10 taskbar icons?

How to change Windows 10 taskbar icons?: The apps that are pinned on the taskbar those ones any way to do that? please link me. thanks a lot. 27489
  8. Changing taskbar icons?

Changing taskbar icons?: hey everyone new to this forum and windows in general (i come from a mac and than linux background). I was wondering if its possible to change somehow the firefox and spotify icons to match those of the default windows task bar icons so it looks more uniform? in linux...
  9. Update to Visual Studio 2017 Release Candidate

in Windows 10 News
    Update to Visual Studio 2017 Release Candidate: Today we have another update to Visual Studio 2017 Release Candidate. Known Issue: Please install the update by opening the Visual Studio Installer from your Start menu or by selecting the link above. We are currently fixing an issue with launching the update from within...
  10. Announcing Visual Studio 2017 Release Candidate

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Visual Studio 2017 Release Candidate: Today during the Connect(); 2016 event we announced the availability of the release candidate of the next version of Visual Studio, Visual Studio 2017 Release Candidate. Thank you to those who tried out the pre-builds and previews and provided feedback. Your feedback always...