Windows 10: windows 10 remote access

Discus and support windows 10 remote access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I regularly access two separate computers, both running Windows 7 Professional, using remote desktop. I am set to purchase a Windows 10 laptop and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bbailey, Jul 29, 2016.

1. bbailey Win User

windows 10 remote access

I regularly access two separate computers, both running Windows 7 Professional, using remote desktop. I am set to purchase a Windows 10 laptop and have gotten much conflicting advice as to whether I can successfully continue to access these computers from Windows 10.

:)

bbailey, Jul 29, 2016

2. Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons:

I are using Windows 10 & windows 10. I would like to connect to my another computer using Remote Desktop, but I get the following error:

Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons:

1) Remote access to the server is not enabled

2) The remote computer is turned off

3) The remote computer is not available on the network

Make sure the remote computer is turned on and connected to the network, and that remote access is enabled.

can any one help me

Moved From: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

WessamALahmad, Jul 29, 2016
  3. garym123 Win User
    garym123, Jul 29, 2016
  4. AndreyT Win User

windows 10 remote access

Yes, you can. There are no issues whatsoever.

AndreyT, Jul 29, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    Of course you can - I use rdp to access a raspberry pi.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 remote access

1. windows 10 remote access - Similar Threads - remote access

2. Having issues with remote access in windows 10 using tac

in Windows 10 Customization
    Having issues with remote access in windows 10 using tac: Having issues with remote access in windows 10 and using total access gateway https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-issues-with-remote-access-in-windows-10/829ba356-cd96-4c3d-aa54-aa05ecc2b817
  3. 'remote Access'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'remote Access': What happens when I allow remote Access? How to tell who can access this computer now, and, by what route, or means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access/2ace370c-0a9b-4a3e-9015-14f05728ce0b
  4. I allowed a scammer remote access to my computer....what now?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I allowed a scammer remote access to my computer....what now?: How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-allowed-a-scammer-remote-access-to-my/639b38bc-2a9f-4d5d-925f-2574b8aa1405
  5. Remote access from Android / Chrome OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote access from Android / Chrome OS: Sorry if this has been asked before, but I did search (both here and more widely) and couldn't find a precise answer. I'm running Windows 10 Home on my desktop at home, and while out and about I have a Chromebook and Android phone (Pixel 2 XL). I'm using the Steam Link...
  6. How to access local computer C drive or desktop while connected to RDP or Citrix remote...

How to access local computer C drive or desktop while connected to RDP or Citrix remote...: How to access local computer C drive or desktop while connected to RDP or Citrix remote software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-local-computer-c-drive-or-desktop/359b98f5-bb57-4700-a66d-909784033430"
  7. Why and how did Microsoft break file sharing and remote access?

Why and how did Microsoft break file sharing and remote access?: I have two computers. Both of them are running Windows 10. I use the same Microsoft account "email@address" on both of them to log in. However .... I cannot use remote desktop to connect from one to the other. I'm on Desktop trying to connect to Server, and I have used...
  8. IP Addresses - Unwanted Remote Access

IP Addresses - Unwanted Remote Access: I talked to Microsoft on an issue and told them I used a wireless connection on one of my two computers. One computer uses Vista (wireless) and the other Windows 10 (through a router). Microsoft said my issue could have been caused by someone remotely accessing my computer....
  9. IP Addresses - Unwanted Remote Access

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    IP Addresses - Unwanted Remote Access: I talked to Microsoft on an issue and told them I used a wireless connection on one of my two computers. One computer uses Vista (wireless) and the other Windows 10 (through a router). Microsoft said my issue could have been caused by someone remotely accessing my computer....
  10. Remote access phishing on Mac

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote access phishing on Mac: Hi, I fell for a phishing attack today, where I was tricked into accessing a remote pc server via the Microsoft rpc 10 Apple app on a Macbook. It was an AWS server. The attacker got access to a crypto wallet with a little money in it. I know, I am dumb and yes, I am...