Windows 10: Windows 10 Remote Desktop Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Remote Desktop Issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok, so I installed Windows 10 two days ago and I'm really liking the way it looks and runs but for some reason I can't get the Remote Desktop feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JonHeDoesIt, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Windows 10 Remote Desktop Issues

Ok, so I installed Windows 10 two days ago and I'm really liking the way it looks and runs but for some reason I can't get the Remote Desktop feature to work properly for me. I'm not very computer savvy when it comes to remote desktop but I had it working properly on windows 8.1 before, but now that I'm on windows 10 it's not working anymore. I have the box checked to allow remote connections and I have already done the port forward to 3389. I'm using the no-ip client as DNS client. When I go to the url I set-up for my RDP it takes me to my router settings like it normally does. Can anyone please help? or is this just an issue with the Windows 10 Technical Preview.

:)

JonHeDoesIt, Oct 13, 2014
  2. Argel Obm Win User

I recently found that I can no longer connect to my HP notebook from other computers on the private network even though I know the credentials to be correct.

Thank you for giving us the edition of your Windows 10. Since you have Windows 10 Pro, your other computers should be able to remotely access your HP computer using Remote Desktop Connection. An issue with the settings of Remote Desktop Connection on your
    HP computer can be the reason why you're unable to connect remotely to this device. Remote Desktop Connection is a feature that is only available with the Pro versions of Windows. We have a dedicated forum that handles concerns about Remote Desktop Connection.
    It is best that you post your Remote Desktop Connection concern in our Remote Desktop clients TechNet forum. The community members
    there can properly assist you on how to resolve the remote connection issue.

Best regards.

Argel Obm, Oct 13, 2014
  3. revert from Remote Desktop App from version 10.1.874.0 to 6.3.9600.16419

Hi Stijn,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if Remote desktop app is updated properly or there is change in the app.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Remote Desktop app from Windows Store. Check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/store/apps/remote-desktop/9wzdncrfj3ps

Please get back to us with an update on issues with using Remote desktop app in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 13, 2014
  4. Windows 10 Remote Desktop Issues

Sorry guys turns out that I forgot to enable the firewall rule for RDP. Still new to this. Windows 10 RDP working.

JonHeDoesIt, Oct 13, 2014
Thema:

Windows 10 Remote Desktop Issues

1. Windows 10 Remote Desktop Issues - Similar Threads - Remote Desktop Issues

2. Issue with remote desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with remote desktop: I am using an iPhone 8 and is trying to reach my computer at home from like someplace far away. I tried all sorts of ways but still having issues, it just says error 0x300005c on my phone....
  3. Remote Desktop issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop issues: Hello all, I am at my wits end with this one after trying to get this all working over the past few days. I have a newer LGTV which has Remote Desktop functionality built in. I had it working with my Windows 10 PC within minutes, simply entering the PC’s IP and my user info.I...
  4. Remote Desktop issues

Remote Desktop issues: Hello all, I am at my wits end with this one after trying to get this all working over the past few days. I have a newer LGTV which has Remote Desktop functionality built in. I had it working with my Windows 10 PC within minutes, simply entering the PC’s IP and my user info.I...
  5. Remote desktop issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop issue: Hello, I have a window 10 OS, I am facing an issue with the remote desktop. It lags a lot and hangs. Have to disconnect and connect again to join. Very poor performance. Please help for a solution...
  6. Remote desktop issue

Remote desktop issue: Hello, I have a window 10 OS, I am facing an issue with the remote desktop. It lags a lot and hangs. Have to disconnect and connect again to join. Very poor performance. Please help for a solution...
  7. Windows 10 Remote Desktop issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Remote Desktop issues: I have an issue where there are several team members that remote into a Windows 10 PC with Windows 10 laptops, and they will only get a black screen. Some members have been able to resolve the issue by updating video driver, but others still get the black screen after...
  8. WIndows 10 Remote Desktop Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 Remote Desktop Issues: Been having trouble using windows remote desktop. All the computers can see each other on the network, but none of them can connect to each other. I've tried all the solutions found here https://windowsreport.com/remote-desktop-wont-connect-windows-10/ But nothing has...
  9. Windows Remote Desktop Issue

Windows Remote Desktop Issue: I seem to be having a issue with Windows firewall. I have narrowed it down to Windows firewall being the culprit, because if I disable it I'm able to make a successful connection but as soon as I turn it on I am unable to do so. I have searched the issue on the Internet and...
  10. Windows 10 remote desktop issue

Windows 10 remote desktop issue: I am having a problem getting remote desktop to work with two computers on my home network. The remote device is a notebook running Win 10 Home. The computers at home are running Win 7 Pro and Win 10 Pro. I have the same issue with trying to connect using the internal network...