Windows 10: Windows 10 remote desktop session

Discus and support Windows 10 remote desktop session in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to connect to my work computer using remote desktop. I have physical access to both. I am getting the following error: your computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rriegel, Oct 1, 2015.

1. rriegel Win User

Windows 10 remote desktop session

I'm trying to connect to my work computer using remote desktop. I have physical access to both. I am getting the following error:

your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a console session in progress.

I have rebooted both machines. I was RDP'd into it earlier fine. But now it thinks I already have a session. Shouldn't it just connect me back to my session like Windows Server does? Any ideas?

:)

rriegel, Oct 1, 2015

2. Does windows 10 support multiple remote desktop

Hello,

i saw some patching to enable multiple remote desktop sessions on windows 10.

my question is , does windows 10 originally allow multiple remote desktop connection, is this patch is official from Microsoft or not.

Regards

Avar Othman, Oct 1, 2015
  3. dpx9922 Win User
    Remote desktop app worse than mstsc.exe

The Remote Desktop app that comes with Windows 10 is a mess. Instead of providing full screen access it has space at the top and bottom of the screen that gives the original desktop menu items at the bottom and a red x in the top right that closes the remote
    desktop. The version, executable mstsc.exe, that came with windows 7 (and 8?) is better in that the session controls are clearly given in a small bar I the upper middle of the screen. Every time I use the Remote Desktop app, I end up closing the session since
    the maximize function seems to fail when certain applications are run on the remote desktop. Curiously, the mac beta version of this app works fine.

All the Remote Desktop app has going for it is little images of the remote desktops. It would be simple enough to recode it so that it was a useful productivity tool but it seems to be directed at looking like Windows 10.

dpx9922, Oct 1, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Are you trying to connect to the remote computer by using the hostname or the IP address?

Try:

Ensure that you're on the Windows 10 desktop.
    Right click on the start menu and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    Type in the command ipconfig /flushdns

NavyLCDR, Oct 1, 2015
  5. rriegel Win User
    I was trying to log in using the hostname. "ipconfig /dnsflush" did notwork. But when I logged in with the IP address instead of hostname it worked. Thank you.

rriegel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 remote desktop session - Similar Threads - remote desktop session

2. Mouse not captured in Remote Desktop session

in Windows 10 News
    Mouse not captured in Remote Desktop session: [IMG]If you use an old version of Hyper-V and it displays an error message saying Mouse not captured in Remote Desktop session, here is how you can eliminate the issue. Even if you get this problem on a newer version of Hyper-V, you could still follow the same tips to...
  3. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  4. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  5. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use host GPU in Remote Desktop Session: Hello all,I'm trying to get my host computer, Windows 10, to use the GPU graphics card 3060Ti during a remote desktop session from my Windows 11 laptop.I did some searching around and every post/article I found pointed me towards a local group policy change.The instructions...
  7. Cannot Copy Paste in Remote Desktop Session in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot Copy Paste in Remote Desktop Session in Windows 10: When you connect a computer using the Remote Desktop (RDP), at times, you cannot copy data between the source and the destination computer. When I say data, I mean the text or image available with the clipboard. One can also have trouble copying files between the computer....
  8. SSL Certificate for Remote Desktop Session Windows 10 Pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SSL Certificate for Remote Desktop Session Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I am attempting to utilize a signed certificate for a FQDN who's DNS records are assigned to my computers IP address. This connection is for a LAN RDS. Below are the steps that I have taken. I generated a CSR in personal certificates folder, uploaded to CA...
  9. The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers...

in Windows 10 News
    The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers...: [ATTACH]Remote Desktop Session Host (RDSH) is a role in Remote Desktop Services (RDS) that host Windows applications or desktops. These can be accessed using the […] This article The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers...
  10. Close remote desktop session and launch an executable

in Windows 10 Support
    Close remote desktop session and launch an executable: Having a Windows 10 Enteriprise 2016 LTSB installed on an industrial PC for a totem with a touch screen. This PC run a client application, for simple operations I need sometimes to access the PC with Remote Desktop from a remote location. Finished my activity if I simply...