Windows 10: Windows 10 repair/ clean install

Discus and support Windows 10 repair/ clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded from Windows 7 32-bit to Windows 10 32-bit successfully. I wanted to install chrome since the internet was bugging out so I plugged in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by waikaluagarden, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Windows 10 repair/ clean install

I upgraded from Windows 7 32-bit to Windows 10 32-bit successfully. I wanted to install chrome since the internet was bugging out so I plugged in a flash drive and my computer started to shut down. After this my computer did disk check and couldnt repair itself. I cant system restore since I have no restore point (I though when upgrading to Windows 10 it did this automatically but its not showing up anywhere). I couldnt repair either. What do I do?

I read somewhere that I have to clean install Windows 10 but Im not exactly sure what will happen. Will I have the same programs with the clean install even if I didnt back up before I upgraded? I think I have an Acronis backup (.tib file) but I cant get Acronis on my computer that isnt working (this computer cant download it for some reason so cant make a bootable drive).

:)

waikaluagarden, Mar 9, 2016
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Mar 9, 2016
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User

Windows 10 repair/ clean install

Is the computer not booting up? The post gives that meaning to me.
    Well, you can do a clean reinstall anytime, but before that better you try to revive the present installation.
    Then try to boot to the computer back. Does it work?

If not, you have to opt for a clean install, as repair install does not work for a non-bootable computer.

4. It didnt work. I think I just have to clean install. When I do that will I keep my basic programs (word,excel, etc) or does it only install the OS? Since I already upgraded to Windows 10 32 bit can I just clean install the 64 bit now? Or do I need to clean install the 32 bit then the 64 bit version?

waikaluagarden, Mar 9, 2016
  5. ARC
    Arc Win User
    You can install either 32 bit or 64 bit and activate it using the windows license. If you have more than 4 GBs of RAM, you should install 64 bit.

A clean install does not install anything other than the Operating System. Word, Excel, etc are parts of Microsoft Office, which is another program; not a part of the OS. You will need to install it (and the other programs you use) after installing the operating system.

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

6. Ok. Thank you. This all happened because I plugged in a brand new usb with google chrome download and then my computer shut down and now is not working. Do you know why this is?

waikaluagarden, Mar 10, 2016
  7. ARC
    Arc Win User

Apparently it does not have any causal relationship (unless the USB was containing some virus alongwith Google Chrome; but saying it will be a very very wild guess).

Whatever, it is not working, and it needs to be back to working condition. That should be the priority here.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 repair/ clean install - Similar Threads - repair clean install

2. Windows 10 Clean Install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Clean Install: Hi, Microsoft.I want to reinstall my Windows 10. But before that I have an activated Windows 10 Home and Microsoft Office 2019 Home & Student.Will I lose my Windows and Office license after clean install my OS?I would love to get your reply. Sorry for my bad English....
  3. Clean Installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Installing Windows 10: I've tried to install windows 10 to my nvme m.2, but it won't install. I had installed it before onto that same drive, but a windows file had corrupted and I had repaired it using cmd, then did a system reset erasing all the files. It was later that day that it kept on giving...
  4. Windows 10 "preparing automatic repair" EVEN AFTER CLEAN INSTALL

Windows 10 "preparing automatic repair" EVEN AFTER CLEAN INSTALL: I've see a lot of posts about the "preparing automatic repair" which eventually goes into diagnostics and then gives up saying it can't fix the pc. After trying many of the suggestions, I took a Windows 10 install disk, and complete deleted all partitions on my hard drive...
  5. Clean installed windows 10 and....

Clean installed windows 10 and....: So i just had BSOD and there;s no way to fix it in the command prompt nor in the recovery state So i clean installed windows 10 and everything is cleared. so i'm just wondering how to recover my nvidia apps or drivers? i don't know, i just can't locate it just like before....
  6. How clean is a windows 10 clean install?

How clean is a windows 10 clean install?: I just went through two days of reading up on doing a Windows 10 "clean " reinstall from installation Media from THIS site (the reason was that after a system re-set my entire laptop was an explosion of every virus I've ever heard of. The reason for that:? AVAST, what else?...
  7. Windows 10 clean install

Windows 10 clean install: what is causing error code:0x80072F76-0x20016 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-clean-install/20a8452b-5aac-4cc0-a61f-a50bfbd8a4ee
  8. Clean Install of Windows 10

Clean Install of Windows 10: Hi Please advise what is the best method of carrying out a clean install of windows 10; 1: Go to the Microsoft Windows 10 download site and download an image to a USB 2: Via system and settings / recovery mode. There are two sections, Recovery and Advanced Start-up...
  9. Clean Install Windows 10

Clean Install Windows 10: Hi I need some help. I reformatted my computer and did a clean install of Windows 10 on my original Windows 7 computer. It now won't recognize my Windows 7 product key. What should I do? 9553
  10. Windows 10 clean install caused Repair Loop Error

Windows 10 clean install caused Repair Loop Error: Hi everyone, Win 7 user here, wanting to dual boot with Windows 10 preview (on a different partition). So I made a Win 10 usb boot disc, and it installed it fine. Played around with the new Windows for a few mins, whilst it downloaded an update, and after installing the...