Windows 10: Windows 10: Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to ..

Discus and support Windows 10: Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to .. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone i got acer aspire 5738 ( Y a bit old ..) and he was working fine till friday when i started disk optimization from acer and stopped it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by disha87, Oct 7, 2017.

1. disha87 Win User

Windows 10: Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to ..

Hi everyone i got acer aspire 5738 ( Y a bit old ..) and he was working fine till friday when i started disk optimization from acer and stopped it in the middle od process ..
    Next day i get this message "Repairing disk errors.This might take over an hour to complete" he was doing it for more than 10 hours and its still the same ..
    I tried to get to safe mode with f8 but it doesnt work,so i googled how to get to safe mode and found that is possible with bootable usb and the problem is that in advanced options is missing "startup settings" i dont know how to solve this....
    Any help is good for me because im stucked now ...
    (sry for bad english ..)

:)

disha87, Oct 7, 2017
  2. Nowspeed Win User

"Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."

This was helpful. No disk errors were found. Now I need to know how to repair or reinstall windows 10 from the USB installation media. When I try to do a Custom install, there are no partitions found :?

Nowspeed, Oct 7, 2017
  3. Yowdead Win User
    Repairing disk errors This might take over an hour to complete

Hello i would like a help because this has been going on for 2 days i thinks the cause was the forced shutdown that i did 3x times and suddebly it started automatic repair and after few minutes it could not repair it and i restarted my computer a few
    times then that appeared my computer is the asus g10 windows 10

Yowdead, Oct 7, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Hi, you can only get into Safe Mode by default having booted at least to a login screen.
    You can't do that from a boot disk.

One useful way (there are several) is SHIFT + left click Restart. Your PC will restart and you have to follow through the prompts.

If you wish to add other ways to access Safe Mode, please search the Tutorial Section (which you're free to browse and search) for
    Safe Mode
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index Tutorials

F8 is deprecated in Win 10 (no longer available).

Windows 10: Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to .. [​IMG]

dalchina, Oct 7, 2017
  5. disha87 Win User
    Unfortunately i cant boot to windows i am stucked on windows logo and repairing disk errors message ...

disha87, Oct 7, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    It is possible for chkdsk to take a very long time. However that can be indicative of other problems.

As you say you cannot now boot to Windows at all, let's try a simple diagnostic:
    Please download and create Kyhi's boot disk (DVD or USB disk) from the top of the Software and Apps section here.

Boot from that, (it's a form of Win 10 as you can see from the picture), then run HD Tune and post a screenshot like this:

- showing the health of your disk(s).
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to the left of the video icon. Thanks.

Also please fill in your computer specs (see mine for comparison - click My computer at the bottom of my post)
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums General Tips Tutorials

dalchina, Oct 7, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Oct 7, 2017
  8. disha87 Win User

I need to get second laptop from work to make kyhis boot when i make it i will post you all the info

disha87, Oct 7, 2017
  9. Please boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and from Windows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.

Please type below command into Command Prompt and press Enter key.

Following command will fixes errors on the disk and locates bad sectors and recovers readable information.

Code: Chkdsk D: /r[/quote]

Please replace partition letter D: with Windows installed partition letter. When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

FreeBooter, Oct 7, 2017
  10. dalchina New Member
    @FreeBooter: disha87 only needs one boot disk - chkdsk can be run booting from Kyhi's disk, which is a lot more comprehensive.

And before fixing things, we need to see if the disk is any good. That's the first priority.

dalchina, Oct 7, 2017
  11. I would use HirensBootCD it has HDD diagnostic tools from many HDD manufacturers.

FreeBooter, Oct 7, 2017
  12. dalchina New Member
    Please, let's not confuse things. Kyhi's disk is based on Win 10 and includes diagnostic tools, quite enough for this.

dalchina, Oct 7, 2017
  13. dalchina New Member

How do you create a bootable disk? (asked by OP)
    1. Google search
    how do I create a bootable usb

2. Creating a bootable USB drive.

with thanks to @NavyLCDR
    To reliably make a bootable USB flash drive from an ISO file, do this:

Plug the drive into a USB port of a functioning Windows PC.

Open a command prompt.
    Run diskpart.

Once diskpart is running, enter the following commands in sequence:

list disk
    select disk #
    - replace # with the actual disk number of the USB flash drive
    clean
    - this will erase the selected drive, make sure it is the USB flash drive!
    create part pri
    format fs=fat32 quick
    active
    exit
    exit

Then mount your ISO file.
    (By default you can simply right click the iso file, and click Mount. However, Mount will not be available if iso files have been associated with a different program).

Copy all the files and folders from the mounted ISO file to the USB flash drive.

(If stuck you can open the iso with 7-zip, a free program).

Discussion here:
    Reinstall Windows 10 from DVD but no DVD drive[/U][/URL]
    - includes content of flash drive.

3. Use a tool such as Rufus- although some people find that less obvious than the above instructions as here (Option 2)
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    - but use the iso for Kyhis's, of course.

dalchina, Oct 8, 2017
  14. disha87 Win User
    So i made kyhi's boot and started hd tune and after a while i get this message Read error! Test aborted

disha87, Oct 8, 2017
  15. dalchina New Member
    Suggests your disk has problems.

Try the Error Scan tab and run a surface test.

If that fails to give a result, try HDD Scan (that does both SMART and a surface scan if you fiddle with its quite simple GUI).

dalchina, Oct 8, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10: Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to .. - Similar Threads - Repairing disk errors

2. My disk appears to be capped at 50% after repairing disk errors this might take an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My disk appears to be capped at 50% after repairing disk errors this might take an hour: So. Before this point, my HP laptop has been giving me several blue screens of death. Plus, also several slow start ups and frozen screen/crashes. The first blue screen of death, happened unexpectedly where my audio, had youtube playing started to glitch out. Then blue...
  3. My disk appears to be capped at 50% after repairing disk errors this might take an hour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My disk appears to be capped at 50% after repairing disk errors this might take an hour: So. Before this point, my HP laptop has been giving me several blue screens of death. Plus, also several slow start ups and frozen screen/crashes. The first blue screen of death, happened unexpectedly where my audio, had youtube playing started to glitch out. Then blue...
  4. repairing disk errors this might take an hour' loop on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    repairing disk errors this might take an hour' loop on windows 10: Hi,On start-up my windows 10 says 'disk errors' then 'preparing to repair' then to 'Diagnosing your PC' and then proceeds to re-start and the repeats the process and keeps looping... I cannot do anything else and I do not have my Windows recovery DVD backup I have turned the...
  5. Help my laptop have been stuck at "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help my laptop have been stuck at "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to...: I had some problems with updating my laptop , when it finally did my laptop seemed to work just fine then when i tried to open it today it gave me this screen and stuck there for hours what should i do submitted by /u/NemNemCookie [link] [comments]...
  6. "repairing disk error. This might take over an hour to complete" failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "repairing disk error. This might take over an hour to complete" failed: Help me guys. So when I tried to boot my computer, i got a message said "repairing disk error.. " It was like that for 6 hours. When it finished, it says that it failed to repair the disk. Now i can't use it anymore. I tried resetting it without deleting my files but it...
  7. Windows 10 - Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.": Windows update came in today, and this is where my system is currently at. Endless repairing in progress, and I'm a little frustrated why I should encounter this problem through your updates. I do not have the capabilities to resolve this on my own. Please help everything...
  8. Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.": The Windows 10 logo pops up then goes black. After a while it comes up again with the message "Preparing automatic repair." Then goes onto "Diagnosing your PC." Or whatever then goes to the Repairing disk errors part. I let the pc on like 8h and nothing happend. What should...
  9. Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.

Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.: Hi, My pc is currently struggling with the issues. I use an Asus and throughout the Bios menu there is no option to boot from usb, i have one installed with media, and it still goes straight to the repair again, which is taking me more than 24 hours of straight "repairing"...
  10. Repairing disk erroes. This might take over an hour to complete.

Repairing disk erroes. This might take over an hour to complete.: Hi, My pc is currently struggling with the issues. I use an Asus and throughout the Bios menu there is no option to boot from usb, i have one installed with media, and it still goes straight to the repair again, which is taking me more than 24 hours of straight "repairing"...