Windows 10: Windows 10 Repeatedly Reboots

Discus and support Windows 10 Repeatedly Reboots in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I reinstalled Win10 to solve a repeated "Bootmgr is missing...." error, and now my Win10 system continually reboots. Each time the system boots up it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smerling, Jul 11, 2016.

1. smerling Win User

Windows 10 Repeatedly Reboots

I reinstalled Win10 to solve a repeated "Bootmgr is missing...." error, and now my Win10 system continually reboots. Each time the system boots up it remains stable for a few minutes, but after a few minutes of inactivity it reboots. The rebooting does not occur while I am actually using Win10, but only when it is idle. I disabled Windows Update. Sleep is off. Any further ideas or suggestions? Could it be a hardware problem, e.g. bad hard drive, BIOS or device drivers? I am stymied.

:)

smerling, Jul 11, 2016

2. Windows 10 emergency boot disk

After updates, windows 10 repeatedly locks up. Sometimes a reboot works, other times it will not reboot. How do I create an emergency boot disc ?

BRIANFOOSE, Jul 11, 2016
  3. Windows 10 rebooting repeatedly.

Unfortunately none of these links is helpful. If you read my question you will see that this was not an issue with the Windows 10 update itself -- that happened months ago and went fine. This issue only began a couple weeks ago. I believe it is related
    to one of two issues that have been discussed on other threads here: "Windows license expiring" or "bugcheck". That's why I provided the event log and minidump files.

By the way, the link to the PC World article is causing problems. Firefox reports that the site has an invalid certificate. If you override that and go to the link anyway, it starts to open the article but then switches to a spam page with no "back" option.

DonnieBoettger, Jul 11, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

First fill in your system spec's. Second what error messages are showing in the logs under Administrative tools. What programs are you running when this happens, are you having any blackouts or browouts where you live, because of the electrical companies having overload on their grid.

bro67, Jul 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Repeatedly Reboots - Similar Threads - Repeatedly Reboots

2. Brand new LG Gram reboots repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new LG Gram reboots repeatedly: I have a brand new LG Gram 17 that I upgraded to Windows 11 Pro. Unfortunately it seems to have a mini-reboot while I am working most days. Suddenly things I am working on have closed, apps have closed, tabs have disappeared from my Chrome browsing session, and the wallpaper...
  3. Brand new LG Gram reboots repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new LG Gram reboots repeatedly: I have a brand new LG Gram 17 that I upgraded to Windows 11 Pro. Unfortunately it seems to have a mini-reboot while I am working most days. Suddenly things I am working on have closed, apps have closed, tabs have disappeared from my Chrome browsing session, and the wallpaper...
  4. KB5021866 Fails to install, repeats install attempts each reboot causing significant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5021866 Fails to install, repeats install attempts each reboot causing significant...: The problem:KB5028166 Does not install via windows update, nor via the offline catalog version found here:https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5028166The only information I am given by windows is:There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try...
  5. KB5021866 Fails to install, repeats install attempts each reboot causing significant...

KB5021866 Fails to install, repeats install attempts each reboot causing significant...: The problem:KB5028166 Does not install via windows update, nor via the offline catalog version found here:https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5028166The only information I am given by windows is:There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try...
  6. KB5021866 Fails to install, repeats install attempts each reboot causing significant...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. My Windows 11 system repeatedly and without notice will shutdown and reboot. What is the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 system repeatedly and without notice will shutdown and reboot. What is the...: My Windows 11 system repeatedly and without notice will shut down and reboot. What is the best way to troubleshoot the system to find the source of the problem?...
  8. My Windows 11 system repeatedly and without notice will shutdown and reboot. What is the...

My Windows 11 system repeatedly and without notice will shutdown and reboot. What is the...: My Windows 11 system repeatedly and without notice will shut down and reboot. What is the best way to troubleshoot the system to find the source of the problem?...
  9. I'm getting repeated reboots. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm getting repeated reboots. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f 0x0000000000000003, 0xffffc10871327830, 0xffffbb887e64f150, 0xffffc108713590d0. A dump was saved in: C:\windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 7763a7f9-4ae1-4835-94e1-2dce4c3879e7....
  10. What is happening? My laptop beeps repeatably and then this appears. When I reboot it does...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is happening? My laptop beeps repeatably and then this appears. When I reboot it does...: submitted by /u/orangmangoapple [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m488ku/what_is_happening_my_laptop_beeps_repeatably_and/