Windows 10: Windows 10 reportedly passes 100 million installations milestone

Discus and support Windows 10 reportedly passes 100 million installations milestone in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; According to Petri.com, Windows 10 is off to a pretty fast start. Apparently, although it’s only been officially available for just under two months,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Dave44, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Dave44 Win User

Windows 10 reportedly passes 100 million installations milestone

Read more: Windows 10 reportedly passes 100 million installations milestone

Dave44, Sep 27, 2015

2. Well as far as I am concerned it is the best windows out and all my friends who were not on it because of the bugs have now or are changing to Windows 10.
    They told me if it is good enough for me then they will install it, so far none of them have had any trouble at all

:)

hTconeM9user, Sep 28, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Sep 28, 2015
  4. Windows 10 reportedly passes 100 million installations milestone

Andre Da Costa, Sep 28, 2015
  5. vgchat Win User
    Yes I agree, so far W10 is pretty darn impressive. Definitely is alot faster than Windows 7 Ultimate which I used previously. Other than that, they should fix their privacy issues that people are reporting, so far I don't really care either way about the privacy options but I'm sure thousands of other peoples decision on upgrading is influenced by it.

vgchat, Sep 29, 2015
  6. Well Windows 7 and 8 have the same privacy issues as Windows 10. Along with Google and most other things that access the internet.

orlbuckeye, Sep 29, 2015
  7. Trust_No1 Win User
    Well, I can't buy into Windows 10. It offers little for our household, so we are more than happy to stay on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1.

I don't know.
    For being a free OS, and with all the promotions and advertising dollars spent, and all of the GTX auto installs, I am not certain that these numbers are all that impressive. It makes it really hard to compare to previous releases.

Trust_No1, Sep 29, 2015
  8. winxp Win User

I'm not ready to upgrade my desktop that's running Win7 Ultimate.
    I did install it on my travel laptop but that had Win 8.1 which I hated so I upgraded.
    The only reason I haven't upgraded my desktop is that I have a TV tuner card installed and watch TV on my monitor.
    In Win10 Media Player doesn't exist and I don't want to use anyone else's TV tuner software.
    So I will keep my Win7 until 2020 unless MS changes their minds.

winxp, Sep 30, 2015
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Agree -- apart from glitches with Networking (Every release of Windows has always had networking issues --especially if you use Linux as well) W10 is turning out to be a very useable OS both for Desk / Laptops (still by no means a dead species) and "slabs" - tablets, mobiles etc.

I HATED W8, W8.1 was a bit better -- I still miss though W2K3 server (server edition of XP) and I liked some of the customisation features of XP which are missing in W10 -- but not a big deal.

Things like storage spaces make much better use of HDD's and you don't need RAID any more with W10 as storage spaces can do all that for you very efficiently and you can use HDD's of DIFFERENT sizes and geometries. - Good use for any old HDD's people may have lying around.

As for privacy -- if you are paranoid then don't use the Internet -- even paying boring things like utility bills you give a huge amount of data away -- even when paying in say manually at a Post Office. !!!

W7 seems slow and a bit dated now compared with W10 --I still need W7 to access some corporate applications - which I do now on a VM.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 30, 2015
  10. ram1220 Win User
    I like Win 10. But I am sure all of those numbers listed do not take into account the people that installed Win 10 and then reverted back to their prior OS.

ram1220, Oct 1, 2015
  11. Hi winxp!

Media Center can found here:

Microsoft's discontinued Media Center suite can now unofficially...

Cluster Head, Oct 1, 2015
  12. waltc Win User
    I suppose you could do that, but there's no future in it...*Wink

7/8.1 are running on borrowed time as it is...

waltc, Oct 1, 2015
  13. gator2013 Win User

gator2013, Oct 2, 2015
  14. popeye Win User
    popeye, Oct 2, 2015
  15. brummyfan Win User
    Me too *Party*Party*Party

brummyfan, Oct 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 reportedly passes 100 million installations milestone - Similar Threads - reportedly passes 100

2. Moto GP 22 Not Connecting To Milestone Servers Game Pass Only Issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moto GP 22 Not Connecting To Milestone Servers Game Pass Only Issue?: So I downloaded Moto GP 22 on Windows 10 from Game Pass using PC Pass. But for the love of me this game does not connect to Milestone Servers. Doing some snooping it seems lots of other Game Pass users struggle as well. Asking on Steam Forums they all seem to connect normally...
  3. Moto GP 22 Not Connecting To Milestone Servers Game Pass Only Issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moto GP 22 Not Connecting To Milestone Servers Game Pass Only Issue?: So I downloaded Moto GP 22 on Windows 10 from Game Pass using PC Pass. But for the love of me this game does not connect to Milestone Servers. Doing some snooping it seems lots of other Game Pass users struggle as well. Asking on Steam Forums they all seem to connect normally...
  4. windows 10 task manager million unused app present , disk 100 % cpu 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 task manager million unused app present , disk 100 % cpu 100%: laptop is lagging and very slow my CPU and hard disk are showing 100% alternatively when i open the task manager there are more than a million unused program running which i can't terminate and with no separation between background and apps specs: acer aspire f15...
  5. Windows 10 surpasses 700 Million Active devices milestone

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 surpasses 700 Million Active devices milestone: Windows 10, Microsoft’s new operating system which started its journey in July 2015 has now surpassed 700 million active device threshold. The company’s latest operating system is now running successfully on more than 700 million devices around the globe. When Microsoft...
  6. Windows 10 April 2018 Update is installed on 250 million devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update is installed on 250 million devices: Microsoft today announced that Windows 10 April 2018 Update is now available for all devices across the world. In a blog post, Microsoft praised their Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology and the explained how AI enhanced the rollout process. Last year the rollout of...
  7. As 2015 comes to a close, Windows 10 surpasses 200 million installs

in Windows 10 News
    As 2015 comes to a close, Windows 10 surpasses 200 million installs: Microsoft announced back in October that Windows 10 had surpassed 110 million installations worldwide, which for October was an impressive achievement. But that was over 3 months ago, and since 2015 is coming to a close, we thought now was probably a good time to check in on...
  8. Microsoft Solitaire Collection hits milestone: 100 million unique user

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection hits milestone: 100 million unique user: Today, Paul Jensen, Studio Manager of Microsoft Casual Games announced on Xbox Wire that Microsoft Solitaire Collection on Windows has reached more than 100 million unique users. To commemorate the milestone, we’re sharing a few facts you might not know about Microsoft...
  9. After 53 million installs, Windows 10 takes 4.95% of the market

in Windows 10 News
    After 53 million installs, Windows 10 takes 4.95% of the market: It has been a little bit less than three weeks since Microsoft released Windows 10 for consumers around the world. The OS, which is receiving positive reviews from across the web, is being adopted quickly despite there being a few teething issues upfront. According to our...
  10. Windows 10 Installed on 164 Million PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Installed on 164 Million PCs: Microsoft’s latest Windows 10 adoption figures revealed that its new operating system was installed on 110 million PCs in October, but these numbers have obviously improved since then, as more people have upgraded their computers.' Read more:...