Windows 10: windows 10 requires check disk

Discus and support windows 10 requires check disk in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I received the latest build of windows 10 pro insider edition and upgraded to it without any problem. I un checked the quick start box in the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by everettg, Aug 24, 2015.

1. everettg Win User

windows 10 requires check disk

I received the latest build of windows 10 pro insider edition and upgraded to it without any problem. I un checked the quick start box in the power section because I have windows 7 on a separate drive in the same pc. With the first build I received I had the problem of every time I booted win 7 it required a check disk to be run and on one run I got the BSOD and had to recover 7 from a system image. I found on the forum that if you would go to control panel, power, and uncheck the quick start box in windows 10 the problem I described would be remedied. This held true until the last release and even though I unchecked the quick start box I still got scan disk required when I booted win 7 off the 2nd drive. When I booted 7 a 2nd time I got scan disk required again and as scan was running I got a BSOD. Then 7 would not start at all and I had to use system repair and I used a system image to recover 7. Now I am very hesitant to even use Win 10 on the other hard drive as I fear I will lose windows 7 again. Has anyone experienced this and found a fix?

:)

everettg, Aug 24, 2015

2. I m installing a fresh copy of windows 10 thru usb on M.2 samsung drive Set up doesnot finish

Hello Luisarte,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with upgrading to Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

Have you check if your system meets the minimum requirement to upgrade to Windows 10?

We suggest you to first check the minimum requirement to check if your system is eligible to upgrade to Windows 10:

Specifications

Further try using a disk in place of USB and then try to upgrade using the disk and check if it works.

Let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Files System size reports don't add up

Hi,

It could be a part of backup process.

Check the disk space from Disk Management and check how much is allocated.

Press Window key +X and click on Disk Management.

For reference:

Free up drive space in Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12425/windows-10-free-up-drive-space

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 24, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

It is best not to have both Win 10 and 7 on primary Disks at the same time. I had the same issue. The file systems are different. It wail pass every time. I use a Drive bay and just switched drives until I started using 10 exclusively. If I were you I would do the same thing if you can. I did not ever get a BSOD though.

5. everettg Win User
    I have 2 drive bays in my HP desktop. One bay has a drive with win 7 installed and the 2nd bay has win 10 installed. Every time I boot win 7 I get a scan disk is strongly suggested as there are disk discrepancies. When scan disk is run I get a BSOD and twice I have had to recover 7 by using a system image. Some one wrote in the forum that if you went to win 10 control panel, power options and un checked the quick start box this problem would be solved. This held true until the last build was released. Now even though the box is unchecked in win 10 whenever 7 is booted I get a scan disk is required.

everettg, Aug 24, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    Only have one in the bay at a time. When you switch systems shutdown your pc and the put the other os in.

Gary, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 requires check disk - Similar Threads - requires check disk

2. Disk checking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk checking: My system started saying to skip disk checking press any key and when I do it will just show blue and it will be loading for hours without displaying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-checking/d77006d7-6f14-418d-99a0-452d1c47c30a
  3. Check Disk Blocked - Windows 10

Check Disk Blocked - Windows 10: Hi All, I started Check Disk at Windows 10 startup about two days ago. It is now blocked for at leat 24 hours with the following message: "Scanning and repairing drive C:: 27% complete". I see also a waiting animation that it is running. Since Check Disk is running at...
  4. Windows 10 disk checking at startup

Windows 10 disk checking at startup: Hello, I am having a problem on Windows 10 start up. It shown "To skip disk checking, press any key within 7 seconds." I does not has this problem before and it pops up today. May I know is my disk having any problem that leads this pops up or any others factor. Is it any...
  5. disk check

disk check: How long does it take for disk check to run. My laptop is prompting me to run it but I have not done so. I got my first BSOD last week. It restarted ok though Can anything go wrong from running it and cause it to crash? Is there any risk in letting it run overnight...
  6. Windows 10 disk check

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 disk check: Hello I've had disk issues for a while now and recently I just had a blue screen issue. So I ran a disk check in the command prompt admin to see if there was anything wrong. It took me a while and it finally got it done. But I can't make a sense of it and I really need help....
  7. Windows 10 Check disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Check disk: Hello. I was using Veracrypt and Windows keeps persisting with checkdisk thinking where my container is located there is a problem. every startup it attempts to but I always catch it and cancel. yesterday I missed that and windows went through with chkdisk and now my...
  8. Windows 10 Check disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Check disk: Hello. I was using Veracrypt and Windows keeps persisting with checkdisk thinking where my container is located there is a problem. every startup it attempts to but I always catch it and cancel. yesterday I missed that and windows went through with chkdisk and now my...
  9. disk check

disk check: I just started my pc and it checked drive c: automatically why so? without any reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-check/5d1a3dcb-7911-4e3d-a643-1c47614a03bf
  10. Check Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Check Disk: My backup has failed and I have been advised to run Check Disc. How do I do this - I am using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/check-disk/3167d58e-97b4-438e-81d0-9789d99ec8a0