Windows 10: Windows 10 Requirment Question

Discus and support Windows 10 Requirment Question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I Want To Ask an simple Question That is i have UEFI PC And Windows 7 on uefi supports MBR DIsks While Windows 8.1 Supports GPT Disks So Now The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Brandon Bias, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Windows 10 Requirment Question

I Want To Ask an simple Question That is i have UEFI PC And Windows 7 on uefi supports MBR DIsks While
    Windows 8.1 Supports GPT Disks

So Now The Question is What format of disk Does Windows 10 Supports ? GPT or MBR?

Thanks In Advance

:)

Brandon Bias, Oct 13, 2014
  2. mzi11a Win User

Requirements for Windows 10 - Question

Where I am Windows 10 is more expensive than Windows 8.1. can I buy Windows 8.1 now that 10 is out and still upgrade thus saving myself money?

mzi11a, Oct 13, 2014
  3. Sharief K Win User
    Requirements for Windows 10 - Question

Hi,

I suggest you to refer to the link and check.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msin/en_GB/pdp/productID.320463100

For any queries, you may contact our support by clicking
    Chat with sales and orders support from the above link.

Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Oct 13, 2014
  4. badrobot Win User

Windows 10 Requirment Question

It supports both depending on what firmware your PC has (UEFI or BIOS). 8 can also be installed on MBR disk.

badrobot, Oct 13, 2014
  5. Ztruker Win User
    I believe if your BIOS is set to UEFI, not Legacy then it requires a GPT drive for boot but I think you can have MBR for data (non-bootable) disks. I also seem to remember something about Secure Boot requiring GPT.

The above is what I remember reading here and in other places. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Good info here: Windows and GPT FAQ (Windows Drivers)

Ztruker, Oct 13, 2014
  6. Thanks Then i'll Install it On GPT Partition
    I Appreciate Your Concern
    -Brandon

Brandon Bias, Oct 14, 2014
  7. badrobot Win User
    I believe you can't run both GPT and MBR disks on the same machine. I could be wrong but just something to watch out for in case you run into problems.

badrobot, Oct 14, 2014
  8. Windows 10 Requirment Question

Yes we Can Run Both GPT and MBR on Same machine i have 2 Drives One Basic MBR and One Basic GPT

Brandon Bias, Oct 15, 2014
  9. badrobot Win User
    Thanks for clarifying that. I haven't done so.

Cheers!

badrobot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Requirment Question

1. Windows 10 Requirment Question - Similar Threads - Requirment Question

2. Windows 11 24H2 system requirements question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 24H2 system requirements question: Can my i7 10700 CPU run on Windows 11 24H2?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-24h2-system-requirements-question/c8ece429-a9eb-41c3-a6e8-371b4771f4cd
  3. Windows 11 24H2 system requirements question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 24H2 system requirements question: Can my i7 10700 CPU run on Windows 11 24H2?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-24h2-system-requirements-question/c8ece429-a9eb-41c3-a6e8-371b4771f4cd
  4. Question on Optimum CPU and Memory Requirements for 8000 users in Multipoints Server 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question on Optimum CPU and Memory Requirements for 8000 users in Multipoints Server 2016: Dear Microsoft Support,I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to inquire about the optimal Multipoint server specifications and setup required to support a user base of approximately 8000 individuals. Additionally, I would like to highlight that we are...
  5. Question on Optimum CPU and Memory Requirements for 8000 users in Multipoints Server 2016

Question on Optimum CPU and Memory Requirements for 8000 users in Multipoints Server 2016: Dear Microsoft Support,I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to inquire about the optimal Multipoint server specifications and setup required to support a user base of approximately 8000 individuals. Additionally, I would like to highlight that we are...
  6. Question: Can I require a 10-digit security key using a USB Num Lock keypad on top of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question: Can I require a 10-digit security key using a USB Num Lock keypad on top of...: Though not as serious as burglary in the first degree, including home invasion, I'm sure someone doing anything without my consent with my PC would be extremely harmful and exasperating to say the least....
  7. Question: Can I require a 10-digit security key using a USB Num Lock keypad on top of...

Question: Can I require a 10-digit security key using a USB Num Lock keypad on top of...: Though not as serious as burglary in the first degree, including home invasion, I'm sure someone doing anything without my consent with my PC would be extremely harmful and exasperating to say the least....
  8. questions regarding "your administrator requires a security scan" message

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    questions regarding "your administrator requires a security scan" message: A popup on the bottom right corner appeared when I opened an application. This is the first time I've seen anything like it. The wording was: Security scan required Your administrator requires a security scan of this item. The scan could take up to 10 seconds. When I...
  9. Console Companion Require Xbox Gold? Question!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Console Companion Require Xbox Gold? Question!: Does anyone know if you need an Xbox Live GOLD membership to use console companion on PC? I game on PC, but I only use the console companion to chat with my Xbox buddies when we're playing CoD Warzone. If I don't need Gold to run the console companion/game bar, I'm just...
  10. two questions require answers please

in Windows 10 Support
    two questions require answers please: Hello All. I have two question if I may. 1. Everytime I switch on I get the following sign...AMD QUICK STREAM. Error-the license information to use this software was not found. 2. How do I put an icon on the desktop.eg someone sent me an e-mail of a good site to go...