Windows 10: Windows 10 reserve after Win 7 reinstall?

Discus and support Windows 10 reserve after Win 7 reinstall? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been having issues installing win10 from my current win7 machine. I've heard that a few people have just reinstalled their current version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bluechill911, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Windows 10 reserve after Win 7 reinstall?

I've been having issues installing win10 from my current win7 machine. I've heard that a few people have just reinstalled their current version of windows and immediately were prompted to upgrade to win10. If I reinstall, will I keep the reserve? What is the reserve saved/based on?

:)

Bluechill911, Aug 5, 2015
  2. IvanFrey Win User

Windows 10 Download

I've reserved my Win 10 upgrade with the Get Win 10 app on Win 7.

The download of Win 10 won't commence till after July 29?

Ivan.

IvanFrey, Aug 5, 2015
  3. chazoukay Win User
    Error "couldn't update the system reserved partition"

Original title: Using Get Windows 10 OS | Shop & Buy Windows 10 Devices | Check for Windows Updates, MS wouldn't upgrade my Win 7 machine to Win 10 because it "couldn't update the system reserved partition." What's this about?

Using
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-upgrade
    , after downloading the whole 64-bit version, MS wouldn't upgrade my Win 7 machine to Win 10 because it "couldn't update the system reserved partition." What's this about?

chazoukay, Aug 5, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10 reserve after Win 7 reinstall?

The reserve is based on the Gwx service running - to the best of my knowledge. Just skip the reserve and windows update and use the "Upgrade this PC now" option in the Media Creation Tool. (Just make sure your Windows 7 is fully activated before you do).

Windows 10

NavyLCDR, Aug 5, 2015
  5. If I do this, will it give me Windows 10 permanently, or would it just assume I didn't have it reserved at all?
    Thus, only having one year of Windows

Bluechill911, Aug 5, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    You get Windows 10 permanently. Once you have Windows 10 and it is activated, open an elevated command prompt ("Run as Administrator" command prompt) and type slmgr /xpr

That will tell you your license expiration date and you should see "permanently activated".

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 reserve after Win 7 reinstall?

1. Windows 10 reserve after Win 7 reinstall? - Similar Threads - reserve reinstall

2. why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything: i just downgraded from 11 to 10 version 2303 because window 11 is too much on a 2015ish laptop, heres the model edge e531 thinkpad - type 6885, i tried resetting bios, re arranging ram, using dual slot and single slot nothing works the system reserved was always above 90% of...
  3. why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything: i just downgraded from 11 to 10 version 2303 because window 11 is too much on a 2015ish laptop, heres the model edge e531 thinkpad - type 6885, i tried resetting bios, re arranging ram, using dual slot and single slot nothing works the system reserved was always above 90% of...
  4. why is 10gb of my 12gn total used on system reserved, i tried everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How can I speak to a representative at Emirates Airlines regarding my reservation?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I speak to a representative at Emirates Airlines regarding my reservation?: Use the helpline: Use the telephone number provided 1-855-590-3424 OTA Emirates Airlines - US line. USA Please ask the person in charge for guidance and support.@#$%^&^%$#@#$%To contact Emirates Airlines in the US, call 1-855-590-4329OTA Emirates Airlines -US line.How do I...
  6. How do i make a reserved system partition

How do i make a reserved system partition: How do i make a reserved system partition? i am trying to move my system partition in the same disk that have the boot partition disk 2 but i cant since my system file is on the same partition that have all my personal files volume L. Is there any way that i can separate the...
  7. 2.2GB hardware reserved memory after reinstalling the Nvidia GPU driver iGPU + dGPU not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2.2GB hardware reserved memory after reinstalling the Nvidia GPU driver iGPU + dGPU not...: sdfsdfsdfsdfsdf2.2GB hardware reserved memory.I have a ROG Strix G15RM R7-6800H + onboard Radeon 680M / RTX 3060 Laptop GPU / 16GB DDR5 4800, and at first, after setting it up for the first time, the same 2.2GB was reserved. But after tinkering with it for a while, it reduced...
  8. 2.2GB hardware reserved memory after reinstalling the Nvidia GPU driver iGPU + dGPU not...

2.2GB hardware reserved memory after reinstalling the Nvidia GPU driver iGPU + dGPU not...: sdfsdfsdfsdfsdf2.2GB hardware reserved memory.I have a ROG Strix G15RM R7-6800H + onboard Radeon 680M / RTX 3060 Laptop GPU / 16GB DDR5 4800, and at first, after setting it up for the first time, the same 2.2GB was reserved. But after tinkering with it for a while, it reduced...
  9. reinstalled win10 on new drive & cant see system reserved partion.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstalled win10 on new drive & cant see system reserved partion.: Background. My old HD (disk 0) is looking faulty so I installed a new drive (disk 1) and did fresh win10 install. I left Disk 0 in PC to test/reformat etc. I now want to partition new C: drive so I have a separate smaller boot partition for cloning/ win reinstall but am...
  10. Panicking. Had to reinstall 8 after reserving windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Panicking. Had to reinstall 8 after reserving windows 10 upgrade: Hey all I reserved my free windows 10 upgrade then my computer crashed and I had to reinstall windows 8. Will I still get the free upgrade? 7170