Windows 10: Windows 10 reset BSOD?

Discus and support Windows 10 reset BSOD? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I'm on the latest Windows 10 build (RTM) 10240 and today I wanted to reset my PC since I was getting some pretty poor gaming performance. Anyway I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by c2q, Jul 28, 2015.

1. C2Q
    c2q Win User

Windows 10 reset BSOD?

So I'm on the latest Windows 10 build (RTM) 10240 and today I wanted to reset my PC since I was getting some pretty poor gaming performance. Anyway I ran the reset and after it finished resetting, it got constant BSODs of inaccessible_boot_device. Thankfully Windows undid all the changes and I'm back to my old system.

Is there any way of doing a clean Windows 10 install without all this crap? Or if possible, can I go back to Windows 8.1 for now? I think doing the reset deleted all my previous Windows installs which kinda sucks. Is there any way to roll back to Windows 8?

:)

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Windows 10 reset BSOD?

It would probably be best to clean install your previous OS at this point.

Boozad, Jul 28, 2015
  5. I have the same problem with getting a bsod on reset. That being said, try manually updating your graphics drivers.

FuturDreamz, Jul 28, 2015
  6. C2Q
    c2q Win User
    This is a mess. Question is how can I go back to Windows 8.1 and just upgrade to RTM from there? I've tried mounting the Windows 8 ISO and installing it from there but it doesn't let me (due to some error of not being able to find versions or something like that). I'm guessing the only way to do a clean install of Windows 8 over 10 is through a bootable USB in this case?

Hmm, I'm on the latest Nvidia drivers for Windows 10 - 353.62 or something. Are you suggesting reinstalling?

Thema:

Windows 10 reset BSOD?

1. Windows 10 reset BSOD? - Similar Threads - reset BSOD

2. Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset: Recently my laptop has been randomly freezing completely. There is no blue screen, the audio stops and the trackpad and keyboard stop working. I have only recently factory reset my device 2 weeks ago due to BSOD issues. I have checked the event viewer after the freezing,...
  3. Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset: Recently my laptop has been randomly freezing completely. There is no blue screen, the audio stops and the trackpad and keyboard stop working. I have only recently factory reset my device 2 weeks ago due to BSOD issues. I have checked the event viewer after the freezing,...
  4. BSOD still there and need help after resetting computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD still there and need help after resetting computer: Hi,I had been experiencing several BSOD a day when playing games so I took my computer to a repair shop and they did a clean reinstall of all programs and they said it would fix corrupted drivers. For a while, the problem stopped but then it started again but less recently....
  5. BSOD still there and need help after resetting computer

BSOD still there and need help after resetting computer: Hi,I had been experiencing several BSOD a day when playing games so I took my computer to a repair shop and they did a clean reinstall of all programs and they said it would fix corrupted drivers. For a while, the problem stopped but then it started again but less recently....
  6. BSOD is showing up whenever I start my pc and I can't reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD is showing up whenever I start my pc and I can't reset it: Yesterday I started my pc normally and i kept it on for 3-4 minutes without doing any work on it.Suddenly a BSOD appeared and my pc shutdowned on its own, it restarted and the same BSOD showed and it shutdowned again.After 2-3 times it tried to fix itself but that didn't work...
  7. BSOD is showing up whenever I start my pc and I can't reset it

BSOD is showing up whenever I start my pc and I can't reset it: Yesterday I started my pc normally and i kept it on for 3-4 minutes without doing any work on it.Suddenly a BSOD appeared and my pc shutdowned on its own, it restarted and the same BSOD showed and it shutdowned again.After 2-3 times it tried to fix itself but that didn't work...
  8. BSOD is showing up whenever I start my pc and I can't reset it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.: The bsod is very laggy after automatic repair when bootup. then it bring to the bsod. after that, it didnt give the option to reset this pc and straightway go to advanced option for troubleshooting. in this case i cannot reset my pc. command prompt also didnt work as scannow...
  10. BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.

BSOD problem dont give option to reset this pc.: The bsod is very laggy after automatic repair when bootup. then it bring to the bsod. after that, it didnt give the option to reset this pc and straightway go to advanced option for troubleshooting. in this case i cannot reset my pc. command prompt also didnt work as scannow...