Windows 10: Windows 10 reset error

Discus and support Windows 10 reset error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my Windows 7 PC to Windows 10 using Windows Update. The whole process was smooth. I never really ran into any problem. Because the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by arvention, Aug 25, 2015.

1. arvention Win User

Windows 10 reset error

I recently upgraded my Windows 7 PC to Windows 10 using Windows Update. The whole process was smooth. I never really ran into any problem. Because the PC is so relatively old, I decided to delete all files and reinstall windows 10 using the windows 10 feature 'Reset This PC' to start fresh and theoretically faster. During the reset when Windows is installing my drivers, I noticed that the screen is plain black - no mouse pointer and the amount of reset finished(in percentage) is not also shown. The screen is just plain black. I am pretty sure that both the monitor and CPU is on. I've tried waiting for atleast an hour. I turned my pc's monitor on and off - nothing happened. So I have to resort to hard reset/reboot coz I cannot really see anything on my screen. When I turned the power of the CPU back, it gave me the error 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. To install Windows, click ok to restart the computer and restart the installation'. I pressed OK but after restarting, it gave me the same error over and over again. I tried the solution in this website ( during installation of windows | HERESJAKEN), and it got rid of the error. However, I am stuck yet again in a loop that continues to just restart my PC when they reach the screen that tells you how much of the reset is finished, in my case, im stuck at 64% of the reset. That screen is shown for like merely 2 seconds, then the PC will just restart again, then show the "Reset progress screen" again for 2 seconds then PC will just restart again, over and over. I hope somebody can help me. I think the only solution is to start the reset of the PC again, but I dont know how. Thanks.

:)

arvention, Aug 25, 2015

2. How to Install Windows 10 on Devices with Limited Space

Even though I have an external device with more than 40 Gb capacity and the assistant recognizes it, it still keeps asking me to free 5 more Gb from the (unit CWindows 10 reset error :).

I have 3'62 Gb free memory in (Unit CWindows 10 reset error :). It asks me to free 5'63 Gb more. That'll make a total of 9'25 GB. The assistant needs 9'80 GB free memory to update windows 10 without any external device. Does this mean that my external device will only be used
    for 0'55 GB? Please I don't understant anything. I just want my laptop to work. I'd stay with my actual version but it keeps showing me ads, interrupting my work and deleting random stuff because of uninterruptible random updates. It has already freed 3 GB
    and I dont even know where from.

Thank you.

Update windows 10 error, Aug 25, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Aug 25, 2015
  4. westov10 Win User

Windows 10 reset error

Not sure if you fixed the issue yet, but I found this solution on another forum post by Johnkuestner and I am going to try that. I hope it helps.

"Here is what is happening. First you do the free upgrade to win 10. You find that there are problems so you chose RESET to give you a fresh install The install goes to 99% and then sticky you in this endless loop. Online search shows it is a common problem but no posts from anyone who has fought their way out of the paper bag. The "C" drive or whatever letter it was has a small file called " windows install or something like that. I don't exactly remember because I was quick to delete it. As long as it is on that drive it will always put you in the loop. The answer is to take the drive and put it in a USB case then plug it into another computer. In " Manage" delete the drive and then reformat. Put it back in the computer and boot with the install drive from your last operating system. Hopefully you have the key. Then take every hardware off your computer and start the upgrade again with your brand new untouched WIN 7 ( or whatever)system. For windows updates chose " notify before downloading". Otherwise the Win 10 will get messed up with the updates going on. It's a lot of work and hours but it works"

westov10, Sep 9, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 reset error

1. Windows 10 reset error - Similar Threads - reset error

2. Hardware error. Code 141, Screen freezes at random times, requiring hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware error. Code 141, Screen freezes at random times, requiring hard reset: I'm worried this is a hardware issue. Sometimes the trasparency effects produce this blurred noise pattern too. My laptop is still under warranty so I'm wondering if I should replace it.Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff870600772010Parameter 2:...
  3. Hardware error. Code 141, Screen freezes at random times, requiring hard reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware error. Code 141, Screen freezes at random times, requiring hard reset: I'm worried this is a hardware issue. Sometimes the trasparency effects produce this blurred noise pattern too. My laptop is still under warranty so I'm wondering if I should replace it.Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff870600772010Parameter 2:...
  4. Errors while trying to do a factory reset!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Errors while trying to do a factory reset!: I’m unable to factory reset my laptop! Please help, 2 errors pop up, 1- Reset this PC “There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.” 2- error 193 DISM log cannot be found An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located...
  5. Errors while trying to do a factory reset!

Errors while trying to do a factory reset!: I’m unable to factory reset my laptop! Please help, 2 errors pop up, 1- Reset this PC “There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.” 2- error 193 DISM log cannot be found An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located...
  6. Errors while trying to do a factory reset!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error continues after full reset.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error continues after full reset.: Hello, I have been getting the IRQL stop code on BSOD after thirty or so minutes of the PC being on for a month or so. I have already gone as far as to perform a full reset to try and get a clean windows install, this was just done with the installation available on the PC,...
  8. Windows 10 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error continues after full reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error continues after full reset.: Hello, I have been getting the IRQL stop code on BSOD after thirty or so minutes of the PC being on for a month or so. I have already gone as far as to perform a full reset to try and get a clean windows install, this was just done with the installation available on the PC,...
  9. Windows 10 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error continues after full reset.

10. So I've been trying to factory reset my pc but I get an error every time i try, can someone...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I've been trying to factory reset my pc but I get an error every time i try, can someone...: so everytime i try to fully reset my pc either throught cloud or local restart it gives me an error and it doesnt work, my pc wont factory reset that way. so then i tried to do the usb method but then the microsoft MediaCreationTool wont download windows 10 onto my usb, i...