Windows 10: Windows 10 Reset Failed - Can't Boot Computer

Discus and support Windows 10 Reset Failed - Can't Boot Computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So my computer has been kinda laggy and running slowly so I figured I would do a clean reset of Windows 10. It noted that it would take hours, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by joe90, Feb 25, 2016.

1. joe90 Win User

Windows 10 Reset Failed - Can't Boot Computer

So my computer has been kinda laggy and running slowly so I figured I would do a clean reset of Windows 10. It noted that it would take hours, which was fine. However about an hour into it, it said there was an error resetting. It then restarted the computer however I can't get passed the "ASUS" start up logo. It goes black and then loops. I hit F9 but none of the options work for me - automatic repair won't work because it says my computer doesn't have an administrator and when I try to reset again from there, it tells me that "a required drive partition is missing." I don't have the greatest knowledge on computers, so I really don't even know what that means.

I've read that I might have to reboot from a USB - how would I go upon doing that? Is there something I can download on the Microsoft website? I don't have a key because the computer came pre-loaded with Windows 8 and I upgraded to Windows 10 for free last year. Will I still be able to boot from a USB?

:)

joe90, Feb 25, 2016

2. Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10 Produces this error: system_thread_exception_not_handled

It seems I can't get anywhere with WIndows 10 USB boot. All choices fail. My computer is Acer Aspire 7535G.

SampoHietanen, Feb 25, 2016
  3. Windows fails to start after update, fails to repair, failed to reset

Windows failed to boot after restarting from an update a few days ago.

• I went into recovery and tried to use a restore point, which works but fixes nothing.
    • I created a flash drive and tried the same thing off the computer hdd and again nothing.
    • Ran sfc and chkdsk commands, all of which did nothing.
    • I ran the start up repair as well which waits 10 seconds and says it can't be repaired.
    • I ran reset and keep files, which fails immediately
    • I went to console and copied out all of my important files from the C drive
    • I ran reset and delete files which ran for about 20 seconds and failed
    • After running the reset it now fails to find C. It can't load the on disk recovery, can't find the boot media, or even see the disk in diskpart ran from the usb.
    Basically, windows recovery just bricked my hdd, is there any way to fix that or am I just screwed now?

NoxSicarius1, Feb 25, 2016
  4. joe90 Win User

I've done some research and I think I may have confused myself even more.

When I tried to reboot from F9, it gave me the option to refresh and reset (both did not work) or "continue to windows 8" ... so is my Windows 10 gone? Even if I boot from a USB, will it still work? I read that it will work without a key but did the failed reset remove the activation?

Once I create a USB, how does it work? When I put it into my computer, will it just start? or is there something I need to access to get it to work?

I apologize if these questions sound dumb/easy, this is very new to me and I don't want to do the wrong thing.

joe90, Feb 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Reset Failed - Can't Boot Computer - Similar Threads - Reset Failed Can't

2. Windows 10 failed reset led to Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 failed reset led to Windows Boot Manager: I attempted to reset my Windows 10 computer using the option in the Settings panel. It got stuck at Resetting this PC: 9% for a few minutes, then I got a message on blue background: "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made". The next screen I got is the...
  3. Windows 10 failed reset led to Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 failed reset led to Windows Boot Manager: I attempted to reset my Windows 10 computer using the option in the Settings panel. It got stuck at Resetting this PC: 9% for a few minutes, then I got a message on blue background: "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made". The next screen I got is the...
  4. Windows 10 failed reset led to Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer wont boot and fails to factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wont boot and fails to factory reset: Hello,I've had this computer for around 5-4 years so i was expecting it to fail me at some point, my problem is my pc froze and crashed when i tried to reboot it took me to automatic repair loop where i cannot do any of the functions available to me as they end in an error...
  6. Computer wont boot and fails to factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer wont boot and fails to factory reset: Hello,I've had this computer for around 5-4 years so i was expecting it to fail me at some point, my problem is my pc froze and crashed when i tried to reboot it took me to automatic repair loop where i cannot do any of the functions available to me as they end in an error...
  7. Computer wont boot and fails to factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Computer fails to reset or update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer fails to reset or update.: Hi there,For the longest time I haven't been able to update my PC because the automatic updater always failed to update. Now I want to upgrade to windows 11, however I need to update to the latest version of Windows 10 first. As such I tried to find ways to update it manually...
  9. Can't reset the computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't reset the computer?: Good day! I have the following problem, unfortunately one of my two hard drives broke. This hard disk is a HDD, which should serve my computer as additional memory. My main hard drive is an SSD, which should contain my entire system. The HDD has the problem that it is...
  10. computer fail to boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer fail to boot: I get this message when my computer is switched on. 1720-SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure. Failing Drive: SATAO Failing Attribute: #05 Have to press F1 to continue booting....