Windows 10: Windows 10 Reset; Norton's will Not Reinstall

Discus and support Windows 10 Reset; Norton's will Not Reinstall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; One of our eMachine (AMD Chip) PC’s, Windows 10 will notinstall Norton’s Security after I reset Windows. I follow prompts then an error pops, with... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dustymars, Feb 19, 2018.

1. dustymars Win User

Windows 10 Reset; Norton's will Not Reinstall

One of our eMachine (AMD Chip) PC’s, Windows 10 will notinstall Norton’s Security after I reset Windows. I follow prompts then an error pops, with gotechnical support. It says to reload,the Downloader starts then the programs loads and runs, and then just disappearsafter security check as if Windows Defender is blocking Norton’s. Had problems with recent MS update and had toreset. I downloaded the Norton’s programand attempted to reinstall but it will not. I know it is complicated but I need help. Maybe I will attempt a recovery, but not surethat will work after a reset.

:)

dustymars, Feb 19, 2018

2. what is happening?

Hi DavidMillerICTN,

Sorry for the inconvenience. May I know if you were able to reinstall Norton on the PC? Let me know if you need any help installing Norton.

Thanks!

Dinesh

Norton Support

NortonSupport, Feb 19, 2018
  3. what is happening?

Hi Rohit,

I finally got Windows 10 on the computer by removing Norton 360.

I did run into a problem when Windows 10 tried to update. Again the same message came about Bad_Pool_Header. When this happened, I had not reinstalled Norton.

I had to do a complete reset. So far it's working.

Thanks for the reply.

DavidMillerICTN, Feb 19, 2018
  4. pyramid10 Win User

A Reset reinstalls the originally installed Windows. What was that version?

And of course, there might be bloatware, brandware and promoware--like an AV?

Norton has a few quirks of its own with version numbers and names.

Might have to get the Reset Windows up-to-speed to the desired build entirely with Windows' own security, before progressing back to the desired Norton program.

pyramid10, Feb 19, 2018
  5. simrick Win User
    simrick, Feb 19, 2018
  6. dustymars Win User
    Yes, I did that. The problem turned out to be my Norton's account still had her PC listed as a device but was red flagged. so I simply removed that device and installed it again; so the installation worked fine. Yeah, Norton's has some quirks, but most of the time it is just simple misunderstanding. I just thought it out and acted. I'm getting older and slower.

dustymars, Feb 21, 2018
  7. simrick Win User
    Glad you got it sorted. Please mark the thread as solved. Cheers! *Thumbs

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Reset; Norton's will Not Reinstall - Similar Threads - Reset Norton's Reinstall

2. Norton VPN on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Norton VPN on Windows 10: Hi all, I have Norton 360, which includes Norton Secure VPN. For whatever reason, I can't activate it, as every time I try to do so, I get a message saying "Secure VPN has experienced a connection failure. Please try again later." I have tried using NRnR to reinstall my...
  3. trouble reinstalling / reset windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    trouble reinstalling / reset windows 10: hello , after i felt my pc was slower and my ssd was no longer booting that fast after some windows update a month ago ( i also have a weird bug with administator permission creating file ) i wanted to reset windows 10, but i always get and error ( there was a problem ... no...
  4. Norton and Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton and Windows 10?: Years ago I got a new computer with XP Pro loaded on it. About maybe 6mo later my sister got me Norton Anti Virus program as a bday gift. I loaded it up and it seemed to work fine for awhile. Then my computer started acting up and after reading reviews of Norton problems I...
  5. resetting and reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    resetting and reinstalling windows 10: Ok i am about to reset my pc as gaming performance is bad my bios is UEFI . Question is should delete secure boot keys in bios or load defaults after deletion before reinstalling windows thanks 140119
  6. reinstall norton

reinstall norton: how to reinstall Norton after desktop reboot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-norton/215bd8ef-3971-4066-88a2-04d2ded59bdf
  7. Windwos 10 reinstall and reset

Windwos 10 reinstall and reset: I recently ugraded my dell laptop to Windows 10 by downloading from microsoft website. I was having a genuine copy of Windows 8.1. My laptop was runnig slow. So I decided to reset and reinstall windows 10. Do I need the windows product key to do it? And if I am not havimg it...
  8. Reset or reinstall Windows 10

Reset or reinstall Windows 10: I wonder if reinstalling Windows Using the Rcovery system, I will have the same copy of the one I had previously installed on my computer or I have to get a new one. Because when I clean a virus, the virus leave damage to the system....
  9. Windows 10 will not recover, reset, or reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 will not recover, reset, or reinstall: I have a Surface Book with 16G of memory, I7, and over half of the memory drive available. Last week I tried to recover my computer that simply said "There is a problem that prevents recovery". Nothing has changed. I tried a reset and even a clean install. Nothing is...
  10. Norton Beta for Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton Beta for Windows 10: Norton has a new Beta program for their products for Windows 10 compatibility. https://community.norton.com/en/foru...SBU_Beta_Win10 Jim *Cool 5432

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 reset norton not working

2. norton will not reinstall

3. norton is not reinstalling