Windows 10: Windows 10. Reset PC error. cannot start up windows.

Discus and support Windows 10. Reset PC error. cannot start up windows. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, today I decided to reset/reboot my PC due to reaching maximum storage. So I went to "Settings-Update & Security-Reset this PC. And so it began to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AutoTech, Sep 6, 2016.

1. AutoTech Win User

Windows 10. Reset PC error. cannot start up windows.

So, today I decided to reset/reboot my PC due to reaching maximum storage. So I went to "Settings-Update & Security-Reset this PC. And so it began to reset. It got to about 12% done and then it said "Failed to reset PC" and gave me the option to use an USB. Go back to windows or shut off. So I pressed back to windows 10. But then the screen just went black. And I am not able to do anything. Tried shutting it off and then restarting it but it only goes as far as the windows 10 logo. Then turns to black.

Any ideas?

:)

AutoTech, Sep 6, 2016

2. Has anyone had the issue after installing the latest windows 10 update, my pc does not get to the sign in screen?

Start up repair does not even work, it gives a error saying pc cannot be repaired. Even resetting my pc through the troubleshoot menu does not help. Its a desktop I7 with windows 10

haydenoliver, Sep 6, 2016
  3. Wndows 10 will not startup and give Bluescreen Error

Old title: windows 10 will not startup

Windows 10 will not startup! It is trying but it flashes to a blue screen that says the pc will not startup because of errors. I have tried to 'refresh the pc, recovery manager, system reset, and restore PC. Reset goes to 50% and so does restore and then
    get error that says cannot continue operation. I have also got the installation .iso file, but that will start either.

DennisFisherVR, Sep 6, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

You would have been better off deleting old files and uninstalling programs not needed to free up space. I would always try a repair install first to correct a serious problem or recover from a previous restore point.

At this stage try the following for which you need access to another PC:

Use the Windows Media Creation tool to make a Windows 10 USB install disc, boot from that disk and attempt to repair your PC - see - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Install Macrium Reflect Free and create a USB repar disk from Reflect. Then boot the repair USB disk and attempt to repair your PC. See http://www.macrium.com/help/v5/How_t...nvironment.htm

Kyhi on this forum has an excelllent recovery disk you coud try - see Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

If the above doesn't work you could recover from your latest system backup if you have one. If not, I strongly recommend you to start using Macrium Reflect to image/backup your system.

If all the above fail, I fear you need a clean install of Windows 10 *Sad

Steve C, Sep 7, 2016
  5. AutoTech Win User
    Thank you for the quick response, will give the recovery tools a try. Otherwise I know what to do.
    Thank you!

AutoTech, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10. Reset PC error. cannot start up windows. - Similar Threads - Reset error cannot

2. Cannot select account on start up repair, reset this pc etc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot select account on start up repair, reset this pc etc: Hi,I've been trying to delete a work application from my surface pro but when asked for admin user and password there is no text box to fill in and for some reason I am not the admin so unsure of these anyway. Only admin in accounts is the windows set up account and it is...
  3. Cannot select account on start up repair, reset this pc etc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot select account on start up repair, reset this pc etc: Hi,I've been trying to delete a work application from my surface pro but when asked for admin user and password there is no text box to fill in and for some reason I am not the admin so unsure of these anyway. Only admin in accounts is the windows set up account and it is...
  4. Cannot select account on start up repair, reset this pc etc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot reset windows 10 pc.

Cannot reset windows 10 pc.: Hello, i just migrated my windows 10 from hdd to sdd. And now when i try to reset my windows it says recovery environment not found. I tried to clone recovery drives to but its not working. Reagentc says unable to boot config data. How do i fix this?...
  6. Windows 10 pc cannot reset

Windows 10 pc cannot reset: Im trying to reset my pc but keep the files but when I click on it and tries to reset, after a while it shows me a message that I cannot do this since there is some kind of problem and unable to install. this is due to a virus that edits settings on a pc, its called...
  7. Windows 10 pc cannot reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 pc cannot reset: Im trying to reset my pc but keep the files but when I click on it and tries to reset, after a while it shows me a message that I cannot do this since there is some kind of problem and unable to install. this is due to a virus that edits settings on a pc, its called...
  8. Windows 10 start up error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 start up error.: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 Home on a Lenovo Ideacentre AIO 520-24AST. 3 days into a start up fault that has appeared between a standard end of day shut down and the following days failed start up. I'm not certain but don't think that the system applied any updates in shut...
  9. Windows 10 start up error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start up error: When start up windows, desktop shows Raptr could not set up your temporary login. How to fix it. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-up-error/c074d944-dd2b-40a0-bfa3-26fec2fc5d21
  10. Cannot start pc in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot start pc in Windows 10: I’ve been unable to start my pc in windows 10 since april 9 2020 and have tried all the suggestions with no success. I did find an error related to updates, 0x8000ffff, and I understand an update was released around this time. Could this be the cause of the problem and if so...