Windows 10: Windows 10 - reset pc in loop from 64% to 97%

Discus and support Windows 10 - reset pc in loop from 64% to 97% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; New laptop and kids downloaded a bunch of viruses/malware by mistake. In hindsight, should have had better oversight but we all learned something from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jden30, Jun 25, 2016.

1. jden30 Win User

Windows 10 - reset pc in loop from 64% to 97%

New laptop and kids downloaded a bunch of viruses/malware by mistake. In hindsight, should have had better oversight but we all learned something from these mistakes. I could not do anything with pop-ups telling me to buy spam removal, etc. Tried cleaning up for a few hours and internet research on other computer suggested to restore computer. No big deal since new computer and not much installed. So, I got to the search menu and typed in 'restore'. I clicked on 'reset this pc' program/icon. Went through the choice and for about 12 hours it continually goes through the windows install from 64% to 97% and resets. Then starts loop over (window install from 64% to 97%). This is a black screen and I am unable to do anything. Tried windows and x, ctl alt delete. Took battery out for 30 minutes. No matter what, the machine will not get to the desktop or dos window or any other window and keeps going through this loop. I bought this laptop off amazon and came with preloaded windows 10. I don't have any software shipped with this laptop. Anyway, is there anything I can do to get out of the loop. Any recommendations in where I can bring it in. Seeing it is a $200 laptop, it may be better to junk it then pay for an IT type person to fix (I've never had to bring a computer/laptop in even from the 486 days so don't know the costs of fix vs. junking). Really got stuck on this one.....thanks for your inputs.

:)

jden30, Jun 25, 2016
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

Windows 10 reset stuck in loop from 64% to 74%

Hi Stephen,

Resetting Windows 10 normally takes a few hours to complete. You can cancel the reset and do a clean install

here

You can also find more helpful information in this link about
    Recovery Options in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Rhina Vib, Jun 25, 2016
  3. Windows 10 reset stuck in loop from 64% to 74%

buy new computer .they have targeted your computer for update to new computer .you will have nothing but trouble.or computer will crash forever with next update. join the millions .

tony chatman, Jun 25, 2016
  4. jden30 Win User

Been doing the loop for about 36 hours. Just letting it run.

jden30, Jun 26, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    WHat is the Lenovo model number? They provide a recovery partition on the hard drive that you can access to restore the computer to it's factory new state, which is better than a refresh, especially now since it is not working.

No point in letting it continue to run.

Look at the Users Guide from the Lenovo web site for your specific laptop and it will tell you how to start the recovery process. Provide the model number here and we'll help find that info.

Ztruker, Jun 27, 2016
  6. SonicBlue Win User
    Download the win10 iso and install from scratch. It's a better cleaner install anyway.

SonicBlue, Jun 27, 2016
  7. jden30 Win User
    4th home laptop for family use. Different make/model.
    HP
    item model #: 15-af131dx
    copied from amazon: HP - 15.6" Laptop / AMD A6-Series / 4GB Memory / 500GB Hard Drive / DVDRW/CD-RW / Windows 10 - Black

Will look to see if I can figure it out from HP's website. Appreciate if you know the procedure too? Thank you!

jden30, Jun 27, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - reset pc in loop from 64% to 97% - Similar Threads - reset loop 64%

2. Reset Windows Stuck in Restart Loop at 64%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Windows Stuck in Restart Loop at 64%: Recently, I have been getting random bluescreens throughout the day on my HP x360 laptop. In an attempt to fix it, I decided to Reset my device. However, at 64%, it restarted in the middle of it. After restarting, it went to the Reset screen, which was stuck at 64%, for a...
  3. Windows entered into a loop while resetting at 64%

Windows entered into a loop while resetting at 64%: While resetting windows I got stuck at 64% loop it goes to 90% then restart from 64% again. I have already tried force shut down using power button i.e pressing three times powerbutton to enter into automatic repair mode but its not working. Kindly provide me some other...
  4. Reset Windows and it keeps looping at 64%

Reset Windows and it keeps looping at 64%: I reset my ASUS laptop not sure which model but one of harmon kardon version and found it was restarting over and over again. I noticed at first the message displayed was while it reset, windows will restart for few times so i thought it was normal. But it keeps doing it...
  5. Factory Reset for windows 10 got stuck at 64% and in continous loop

Factory Reset for windows 10 got stuck at 64% and in continous loop: I was doing the factory reset of the laptop which has latest version of windows 10 and it got stuck at 64% it's been three days and it's not even responding for any actions. I need some assistance to get this sorted. Please help!!...
  6. Factory Reset Installation Error: 64% Loop

Factory Reset Installation Error: 64% Loop: I was factory reseting my computer and all went well until it went to reinstall Windows 10, it gave me an error, "Your computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an error... click " OK" to restart your computer and restart the installation.", I clicked "OK" only to find...
  7. Windows 10 64% loop

Windows 10 64% loop: After cleaning my files/harddrive, I turned off my computer because the screen went blank so I turned it back on and it took me to a screen saying "windows 10 installation error" after that I fixed the error. Screen went blank, computer still running and went to a screen...
  8. Windows 64% loop

Windows 64% loop: For over a month now ive had to try and fix the 64% glitch. Ive tried everything. Even using a usb, in bios is doesn't do muchwhen I put it forst or anything it mostly just goes back to bios, it worked and got me to a screen with recovery and for some reason windows 10 twice...
  9. Windows 10 reset pc in a loop

Windows 10 reset pc in a loop: The reset (delete apps, files etc) was presumably almost complete (it had been running for just over an hour). I got the screen asking me for country, language, keyboard layout and timezone. It then said "Why did my PC restart? .. There's a problem that's preventing us from...
  10. windows 10 64% loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 64% loop: i have a laptop which i recently wiped out to clean it out and start fresh now with it tying to reinstall it shows 64% over and over and wont stop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-64-loop/c3b68fe9-c043-442d-8dd4-5e06bacbe8c2