Windows 10: Windows 10 -Resetting or Refreshing

Discus and support Windows 10 -Resetting or Refreshing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer originally came with Windows 8 and then converted to Windows 10. Something happened to computer, so when I do resetting or refreshing, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dadasrkrPat, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Windows 10 -Resetting or Refreshing

My computer originally came with Windows 8 and then converted to Windows 10.

Something happened to computer, so when I do resetting or refreshing, it does not complete it and begin to undo all changes.

Is there way to reset or how to get a Windows 10 from Microsoft?

Thank you, I am tempted to recycle it!

:)

dadasrkrPat, Aug 11, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    No option to refresh

Hello gallicbear, *Smile

The tutorial below can help show you how to "refresh" Windows 10. Both "reset" and "refresh" is done through the "reset" option. The difference is that when you select "Keep my files" at step 4 below, it will do a "refresh".

Refresh Windows 10

Brink, Aug 11, 2018
  4. qubit Win User

Windows 10 -Resetting or Refreshing

Microsoft Details Reset and Refresh Features Built Into Windows 8

InfoWorld isn't so impressed with this feature and their article makes for interesting reading. Me? I'm not so negative about it as I think it sounds useful.

So, what do you think of it?

qubit, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 -Resetting or Refreshing

1. Windows 10 -Resetting or Refreshing - Similar Threads - Resetting Refreshing

2. Variable Refresh Rate Setting Reset after system reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Variable Refresh Rate Setting Reset after system reboot: i have a G-sync Compatible Monitor and when ever i go into the Graphics Settings the option is flipped off instead of on, HAGS remains enabled though....
  3. Variable Refresh Rate Setting Reset after system reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Variable Refresh Rate Setting Reset after system reboot: i have a G-sync Compatible Monitor and when ever i go into the Graphics Settings the option is flipped off instead of on, HAGS remains enabled though....
  4. Variable Refresh Rate Setting Reset after system reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. refresh rate resetting every time after booting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    refresh rate resetting every time after booting.: I run on windows 11 home.I have a asus tuf a15 2023 with rtx4060 and amd radeon 7533. and my laptop screen supports 144hz refresh rate. but every time after booting my laptop i need to go to the settings and change the refresh rate to 144hz as it resets to 60hz every single...
  6. refresh rate resetting every time after booting.

refresh rate resetting every time after booting.: I run on windows 11 home.I have a asus tuf a15 2023 with rtx4060 and amd radeon 7533. and my laptop screen supports 144hz refresh rate. but every time after booting my laptop i need to go to the settings and change the refresh rate to 144hz as it resets to 60hz every single...
  7. No List of Desktop Programs After Refresh/Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No List of Desktop Programs After Refresh/Reset: I just reset/refreshed windows 11 and chose the option to keep my files. The dialog said that all my desktop applications would have to be reinstalled but that a list of them would be on my desktop when the refresh completed. Now the refresh has completed and the list of...
  8. No List of Desktop Programs After Refresh/Reset

No List of Desktop Programs After Refresh/Reset: I just reset/refreshed windows 11 and chose the option to keep my files. The dialog said that all my desktop applications would have to be reinstalled but that a list of them would be on my desktop when the refresh completed. Now the refresh has completed and the list of...
  9. Microsoft store app keeps crashing Windows 11; I tried resetting, refreshing and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store app keeps crashing Windows 11; I tried resetting, refreshing and...: Can someone help restore my microsoft store app for windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-keeps-crashing-windows-11-i/3a1b8a20-cdc6-48bb-b738-f1a5a57c3b76
  10. Microsoft store app keeps crashing Windows 11; I tried resetting, refreshing and...

Microsoft store app keeps crashing Windows 11; I tried resetting, refreshing and...: Can someone help restore my microsoft store app for windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-keeps-crashing-windows-11-i/3a1b8a20-cdc6-48bb-b738-f1a5a57c3b76