Windows 10: Windows 10 restart for updates?

Discus and support Windows 10 restart for updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I need to get Windows updates at night on a fair number of computers. So, I figure I'll use gpedit to set automatic updating to Auto download and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fred3, Jul 21, 2016.

1. fred3 Win User

Windows 10 restart for updates?

I need to get Windows updates at night on a fair number of computers.
    So, I figure I'll use gpedit to set automatic updating to Auto download and schedule the install and set the install at Every day at 3:00 am.
    But, I see that there is also a mechanism to cause a restart and I'm not sure I need this at all. Won't doing updates cause a restart anyway if needed?

:)

fred3, Jul 21, 2016

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jul 21, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Jul 21, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 restart for updates?

1. Windows 10 restart for updates? - Similar Threads - restart updates

2. problem with update and restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with update and restart: When I was signing off from my computer I had the choice to "update and sign off" or "restart", or "sign off", or "update and restart". I chose to update and restart. The computer then said it was restarting and told me to keep the machine on. It then began the update process...
  3. problem with update and restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with update and restart: When I was signing off from my computer I had the choice to "update and sign off" or "restart", or "sign off", or "update and restart". I chose to update and restart. The computer then said it was restarting and told me to keep the machine on. It then began the update process...
  4. Auto restart after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto restart after update: Hello everyoneI am more than fed up with automatic updates and especially the restart that follows !!Each time and despite the hours of activity chosen, I lose all my unsafe work and the current processes that cannot be taken up... !At least I would like that the restart does...
  5. Auto restart after update

Auto restart after update: Hello everyoneI am more than fed up with automatic updates and especially the restart that follows !!Each time and despite the hours of activity chosen, I lose all my unsafe work and the current processes that cannot be taken up... !At least I would like that the restart does...
  6. Auto restart after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853: Hi, I've been experiencing several random restarts when the machine is asleep and random BSODs after updating.The event viewers show the following error IDs:volmgr 161volmgr 162Is the error software or hardware-related?...
  8. Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853

Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853: Hi, I've been experiencing several random restarts when the machine is asleep and random BSODs after updating.The event viewers show the following error IDs:volmgr 161volmgr 162Is the error software or hardware-related?...
  9. Automatically restart Microsoft 365 apps Outlook after update not Windows update, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically restart Microsoft 365 apps Outlook after update not Windows update, but...: Hello. I have a laptop that I use at work for a single automated email process, so I need to have Outlook open all the time. I've got Outlook in my Startup folder, so when the automated Windows updates happen and a restart occurs, Outlook opens as it should. But when there...
  10. Automatically restart Microsoft 365 apps Outlook after update not Windows update, but...

Automatically restart Microsoft 365 apps Outlook after update not Windows update, but...: Hello. I have a laptop that I use at work for a single automated email process, so I need to have Outlook open all the time. I've got Outlook in my Startup folder, so when the automated Windows updates happen and a restart occurs, Outlook opens as it should. But when there...