Windows 10: Windows 10 restart for updates?

Discus and support Windows 10 restart for updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I need to get Windows updates at night on a fair number of computers. So, I figure I'll use gpedit to set automatic updating to Auto download and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fred3, Jul 21, 2016.

1. fred3 Win User

Windows 10 restart for updates?

I need to get Windows updates at night on a fair number of computers.
    So, I figure I'll use gpedit to set automatic updating to Auto download and schedule the install and set the install at Every day at 3:00 am.
    But, I see that there is also a mechanism to cause a restart and I'm not sure I need this at all. Won't doing updates cause a restart anyway if needed?

:)

fred3, Jul 21, 2016

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jul 21, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Jul 21, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 restart for updates?

1. Windows 10 restart for updates? - Similar Threads - restart updates

2. Windows 10 Sept Update Hangs, Had to Force Restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Sept Update Hangs, Had to Force Restart: Hello all, FYI: I did this update on 9/12/2019 by clicking "Check for Updates" in Settings, then left the room with only the Update running. When I came back the screen was stuck on gray, and I couldn't do anything. Control-Alt-Delete didn't even work. So I couldn't tell...
  3. Computer stuck in restart mode after update

Computer stuck in restart mode after update: My computer just updated and now it is stuck restarting. How do I fix this without corrupting my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-stuck-in-restart-mode-after-update/70f19a45-1bad-4d0b-acdd-1e5c9138b6d0
  4. Stuck in a boot cycle after a restart where both Windows update 1903 and chkdsk where...

Stuck in a boot cycle after a restart where both Windows update 1903 and chkdsk where...: Hi, I was trying to update windows 10 from 1809 to 1903 from Windows Update, after everything was installed I restarted the PC and it went to recovery mode. My next step was using the Windows Assistance tool on the Microsoft website to install the update. After it finished...
  5. Windows 10 windows updates wont show install updates and shutdown/restart

Windows 10 windows updates wont show install updates and shutdown/restart: Windows 10 windows updates wont show install updates and shutdown/restart Versions: 1803, 1809, 1903 I get updates from wsus Some time ago this function worked fine until now. Please help...
  6. Laptop won't restart when there is a Windows Update pending

Laptop won't restart when there is a Windows Update pending: I have one laptop that won't restart when prompted to restart after downloading Windows Update. It would restart fine before the update. If shut off and turned back on with a hard boot, the Update does not install. What should my next step be?...
  7. WIndows 10 update to version 1903 fails on second restart

WIndows 10 update to version 1903 fails on second restart: I cannot install the update for version 1903. I have tried many times with processes found on the internet. It always fails the same way. When the update restarts the system. all is well. But when the second restart is attempted I get a blinking cursor on the upper left of...
  8. What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ?: I keep getting this message that for support to continue I must restart my machine right away or in hour. It says the process was unable to do it due to a low battery or the machine being in use. I click restart and just keep getting the message. The only way I can get rid of...
  9. What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What to do with the update message that doesn't actually restart ?: I keep getting this message that for support to continue I must restart my machine right away or in hour. It says the process was unable to do it due to a low battery or the machine being in use. I click restart and just keep getting the message. The only way I can get rid of...
  10. Windows 10 Update error 0x80080005 and troubleshoot stuck at checking for pending restart

Windows 10 Update error 0x80080005 and troubleshoot stuck at checking for pending restart: Hello! I've been having an issue with my Windows 10 Home. When I check for updates I get the 0x80080005 error. I've looked all over the internet for a fix, but nothing really worked. Troubleshooting leads to the troubleshoot getting stuck at "Checking for Pending Restart"...