Windows 10: Windows 10 Restart takes 2 minutes

Discus and support Windows 10 Restart takes 2 minutes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 build 1709 , restart takes 2-3 minutes. Boot is instant , and shutdown is instant too , only when i try to restart it takes alot to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cristi2k, Oct 23, 2017.

1. cristi2k Win User

Windows 10 Restart takes 2 minutes

Windows 10 build 1709 , restart takes 2-3 minutes. Boot is instant , and shutdown is instant too , only when i try to restart it takes alot to shutdown. However , if i modifi registry to ClearPageFileAtShutdown 0 (1 originally ) and waittokillservicetimeout to 1000 from originally 50000 , it will instant reboot , but i do not want to use this setting. Where should i look ?

:)

cristi2k, Oct 23, 2017

2. Windows 10 start & restart takes 25 minutes

Hi Earl,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. To better assist you, do let us know if you see the "power" button in the login screen. If so, I would suggest you to check if you are able to sign in through safe mode by following the steps
    below:

• Click on the power button.

• Hold the shift key and click "restart" to enter Windows Recovery Environment.

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options >Startup Settings > Restart.

• After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.
    If you are able to sign in through safe mode, I would suggest you to place your computer in clean boot state.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to Perform a Clean Boot? (Applies to Windows 10)

Disclaimer: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" to reset computer as usual.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Oct 23, 2017
  3. EarlSeat Win User
    Windows 10 start & restart takes 25 minutes

I have a Dell Latitude E6430. Upgraded it from Windows 7 to 10 using Media Creation Tool on 4/16/16. After logging in on start or restart it hangs up on the Welcome screen for 25 minutes.

EarlSeat, Oct 23, 2017
  4. cristi2k Win User

After a couple of hours of crazy browsing : I disabled win 10 fast startup thing that lead to a looong shutdown too , so now both shutdown and restart were taking alot of time . After a while a found a setting called Shutdown : Clear virtual memory pagefile . Well..windows tooltip said that this option is disabled by default , mine was somehow enabled. After disabling this , restart and shutdown went to normal under 10 sec to shutdown .

cristi2k, Oct 23, 2017
  5. We are glad to hear your issue has been resolved, thank you for letting us know that all is now well!

FreeBooter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Restart takes 2 minutes - Similar Threads - Restart takes minutes

2. Gaming Laptop takes over 2 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Gaming Laptop takes over 2 minutes to boot: Hello! So I have installed a few games on my laptop recently and it seems like it's taking way longer to boot like 2 minutes. I checked to make sure fast boot was enabled which it was and task manager doesn't have anything starting up. I restarted my laptop one day and it...
  3. Windows restart takes up to 3 minutes on SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows restart takes up to 3 minutes on SSD.: I'm currently using windows 11 21h2 and recently a restart started to take around 3 minutes to complete while earlier it took only 30-40 seconds. I have already tried the system file checker tool to look for corrupted files but it didn't help. Here are my specs:intel core...
  4. Windows restart takes up to 3 minutes on SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows restart takes up to 3 minutes on SSD.: I'm currently using windows 11 21h2 and recently a restart started to take around 3 minutes to complete while earlier it took only 30-40 seconds. I have already tried the system file checker tool to look for corrupted files but it didn't help. Here are my specs:intel core...
  5. 2 minutes on restart screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 minutes on restart screen: I recenlty noticed that my windows 10 pc takes a lot to restart (stays more than 2 minutes on that restart screen with those spinning dots). Shutdown takes less than 10 seconds and starting from shutdown takes about 15 seconds, the only problem is that part of restart with...
  6. Windows 10 takes 2 minutes to boot on this screen.

Windows 10 takes 2 minutes to boot on this screen.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ZalsusBoi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k09xpo/windows_10_takes_2_minutes_to_boot_on_this_screen/
  7. Restarting takes 5-10 minutes

Restarting takes 5-10 minutes: For some reason restarting takes 5 to 10 minutes. I have a i7-6700k and GTX 1070. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this that would be great. As this is really annoying. submitted by /u/JackDeezy47 [link] [comments]...
  8. windows system Booting up takes 2 minutes. why?

windows system Booting up takes 2 minutes. why?: after switching the laptop it takes 2 to 3 minutes time to boot up and also it takes some 2 minutes to settled .why it happens..... its create waste my time....
  9. Automatic Restart Every 2 Minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Restart Every 2 Minutes: Hi All, About 5 days ago I received a BSOD but I cannot remember what it was for (It may have been a Power State Failure). I would get the BSOD and then the computer would restart. I uninstalled the latest Microsoft Update (I believe it was a Security update). BSOD...
  10. Windows 10 Enterprise taking over 2 minutes to shutdown (not always)

Windows 10 Enterprise taking over 2 minutes to shutdown (not always): I realize this is possibly one of the many repeat topics about the same subject matter, but I'm at a loss. The OS on my work laptop is taking over 2 minutes to shut down. And it's not me timing it, it's the OS timing it. I've checked the Performance logs in Event Viewer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 restart takes 2 minutes?

2. when i restart my pc takes 4 minutes to get in