Windows 10: Windows 10 Restarts with no notice

Discus and support Windows 10 Restarts with no notice in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This week my laptop with Windows 10 has restarted without any notice. It has happened at least one time each day for the last 4 days. I will be at my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChristineL, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Restarts with no notice

This week my laptop with Windows 10 has restarted without any notice. It has happened at least one time each day for the last 4 days. I will be at my computer and all of a sudden it restarts and I see a black screen with the Dell logo. Is there something I can do to stop my computer from randomly shutting down?

Thanks!

:)

ChristineL, Jan 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 Restarts without notice - VERY AGGRAVATING!!!!!!

WHY does windows 10 restart my computer without notice? My active hours are set for 6 am to 5 pm, it restarts in between these times REGULARLY! I check for updates regular but it still restarts when IT wants!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

SandyCrochet, Jan 27, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Restarts without notice - VERY AGGRAVATING!!!!!!

Service was already stopped and set to Manual.

SandyCrochet, Jan 27, 2018
  4. pepanee Win User

Windows 10 Restarts with no notice

Right after a random restart, look at your phone's clock and keep note of the time. Once your computer starts back up, open the Event Viewer, and look at Windows Logs > System. See if you can find that exact log at that time, or close to that time, to see what could be causing the restarts. The most recent log is listed first.

Windows 10 Restarts with no notice [​IMG]

pepanee, Jan 27, 2018
  5. dalchina New Member
    Have you made any hardware changes? Is your RAM compatible with your PC and if more than 1 stick with each other?

Run a RAM check.

Try DELL diagnostics e.g.
    Dell Diagnostic Tools to Diagnose and Fix Hardware Problems on Your Dell PC, Tablet or Servers | Dell UK

How to Run Dell Computer Hardware Diagnostics - Information Technology - NC Conference

Check your disk:
    Hard disk sentinel (trial) - download install and run.
    If ok, from an admin command prompt run
    chkdsk c: /scan
    If ok run
    SFC /SCANNOW

Potentially could be a hardware problem from power supply onwards...

dalchina, Jan 27, 2018
  6. Gordon7 Win User
    Gordon7, Jan 28, 2018
  7. My computer restarted around 7:40pm this evening. Afterward I went into the Windows log on my computer, but I don't know what the items listed in the log mean. Any help is appreciated. I attached a screenshot of my Windows log.

ChristineL, Jan 29, 2018
  8. pepanee Win User

In your screen shot, I see the range from 7:46 down to 7:42. Scroll down a bit and take a screen shot of around 7:38 up to 7:41 or so. Let's see what it says there.

pepanee, Jan 29, 2018
  9. dalchina New Member
    Note the very wide range of possible reasons here:

Windows 10 Restarts with no notice [​IMG]

You will need to work through a process of testing and elimination.
    - eliminate hardware problems.
    - does your PC crash in Safe Mode
    - does your PC crash after a clean boot

Event id 6006 is a restart, but it won't give you the cause. You would need to try to make sense of the events preceding that.

dalchina, Jan 29, 2018
  10. Here are two additional screenshots from my computer yesterday. In the areas where it says "critical", "warning" and "error" what does that mean? Are those things that need to be fixed?

ChristineL, Jan 30, 2018
  11. Any failing hardware component in your computer could cause your computer to unexpectedly reboot without warning.

Boot your computer with only battery attached to see if issue cause by failing power adapter.

Boot your computer only with power adapter attached to see if the battery causing the problem.

Visit your laptop manufacturer website to install latest device drivers for your laptop.

Some computer viruses, such as the blaster virus, are designed to reboot your computer without warning.

Malwarebytes' scanner
    If this program is already installed: Skip the installation and run only the scan!
    Download and install: Please download Malwarebytes' scanner to your desktop.

• Double-click mb3-setup-consumer-3.x.x.xxxx and follow the prompts to install the program.
    • Click Finish.
    • On the Dashboard, click the 'Check for Updates' button.
    • After the update completes, click the 'Scan Now' button.
    • A Threat Scan will begin. Please allow it to progress through the scanning process.
    • When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Quarantines Selected button to allow the program to clean what was detected.
    • In most cases, a restart will be required.
    • Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.

How to get logs: (Export log to save as txt)

• After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open Malwarebytes once more.
    • Click on the Reports tab > Scan Report. (if you have done more than one scan in the past, select the most recent that shows the Date and time of the scan just performed. Press View Report button.
    • Click 'Export'.
    • Click 'Text file (*.txt)'
    • In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.
    • In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.
    • A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".
    • Click Ok
    • Find the log on your Desktop and Attach that saved log to your next reply.

(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)

Use SpeedFan program to monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in your computer overheating can cause turn off or automatically reboot of your computer.

Make sure to install all Windows updates.

FreeBooter, Jan 30, 2018
  12. pepanee Win User
    I would look at:
    7:41:56 Information Kernel-General
    7:42:11 Critical Kernel-Power < This one seems like it could have info in it

pepanee, Jan 30, 2018
  13. dalchina New Member

EventID 41 will most likely say
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

That gives no explanation. It can result from a forced shut down, pressing the power button, or perhaps in your case, a hardware fault.

Please look at my earlier posts and @FreeBooter's and perform hardware diagnostic checks as suggested.

dalchina, Jan 30, 2018
  14. CountMike New Member
    100% HW fault, there's no way (heavens know I tried) for windows to shut down computer instantly and without notice and residue. EventID 41 is generated at next BOOT. Even when windows shuts down a computer because of HW fault (overheating, overload etc.) it's logged and appropriate message is displayed. During my experiments with overclocking I get a lot of sudden shutdowns, it's piratically part of the process.

CountMike, Jan 30, 2018
  15. I looked to see what it said for those specific events. I'm not tech savvy at all, so beyond reading what it says, "The computer has rebooted cleanly without shutting down first," I don't know what to do to fix the issue or if this is the issue at all. Is this a possible reason for my computer randomly restarting? My computer restarted again this morning at 11:34 am. I was looking in the event log and there were five errors listed in a row at 11:34 that said, "DistributedCOM" for each of the five errors. At 11:33 it listed a warning about "The local adapter does not support an important Low Energy controller state to support peripheral mode." What does this mean?

ChristineL, Jan 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Restarts with no notice - Similar Threads - Restarts notice

2. Werfault notice after restarting device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Werfault notice after restarting device.: helloi have problem.after i restart my devicei got error like thishttps://ibb.co/xC3Tcvtso, have solution for this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/werfault-notice-after-restarting-device/9b9a52ad-e03b-4150-a3e1-8e914b1ca7a9
  3. Werfault notice after restarting device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Werfault notice after restarting device.: helloi have problem.after i restart my devicei got error like thishttps://ibb.co/xC3Tcvtso, have solution for this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/werfault-notice-after-restarting-device/9b9a52ad-e03b-4150-a3e1-8e914b1ca7a9
  4. I have a MAxify MB2720 printer. I have noticed the last 10+ times I have restarted my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a MAxify MB2720 printer. I have noticed the last 10+ times I have restarted my...: I have a MAxify MB2720 printer. I have noticed the last 10+ times I have restarted my computer, the printer automatically sends the last fax that was sent. I have checked the que and there is nothing showing to fax or print. I get a confirmation page besides hearing the fax...
  5. I have a MAxify MB2720 printer. I have noticed the last 10+ times I have restarted my...

I have a MAxify MB2720 printer. I have noticed the last 10+ times I have restarted my...: I have a MAxify MB2720 printer. I have noticed the last 10+ times I have restarted my computer, the printer automatically sends the last fax that was sent. I have checked the que and there is nothing showing to fax or print. I get a confirmation page besides hearing the fax...
  6. I have a MAxify MB2720 printer. I have noticed the last 10+ times I have restarted my...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. When adjusting take off we notice not bootable device--please restart system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When adjusting take off we notice not bootable device--please restart system: When adjusting take off we notice not bootable device--please restart system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-adjusting-take-off-we-notice-not-bootable/9d68ff17-b7fd-44a7-9f1c-123d975c3601
  8. When adjusting take off we notice not bootable device--please restart system

When adjusting take off we notice not bootable device--please restart system: When adjusting take off we notice not bootable device--please restart system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-adjusting-take-off-we-notice-not-bootable/9d68ff17-b7fd-44a7-9f1c-123d975c3601
  9. Surface 2 displayed a "Locking" notice then shut down. I cannot get it to restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface 2 displayed a "Locking" notice then shut down. I cannot get it to restart: Surface 2 displayed a "Locking" notice then shut down. I cannot get it to restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-2-displayed-a-locking-notice-then-shut/a76f1df5-9744-4d9f-b769-43bd32135248
  10. Surface 2 displayed a "Locking" notice then shut down. I cannot get it to restart

Surface 2 displayed a "Locking" notice then shut down. I cannot get it to restart: Surface 2 displayed a "Locking" notice then shut down. I cannot get it to restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-2-displayed-a-locking-notice-then-shut/a76f1df5-9744-4d9f-b769-43bd32135248