Windows 10: Windows 10 Restored & WLM 2012 removed - How to restore WLM 2012

Discus and support Windows 10 Restored & WLM 2012 removed - How to restore WLM 2012 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Unable to download and restore WLM 2012 after doing a Windows 10 restore on May 24, 2017. Message says Microsoft stop supporting Windows Live... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Skywavedoug, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Restored & WLM 2012 removed - How to restore WLM 2012

Unable to download and restore WLM 2012 after doing a Windows 10 restore on May 24, 2017. Message says Microsoft stop supporting Windows Live Essentials in January 2017. Any suggestions for reinstalling WLM 2012? Is Windows Live Mail 2012 available from anywhere besides Microsoft?

:)

Skywavedoug, Jun 7, 2017

2. Windows live mail

Downloaded WLM 2012 as was suggested and now I can not access my WLM at all.

I have restored WLM 2011.

twoironred, Jun 7, 2017
  3. WLM 2012 stopped working under windows 10 on Dec 11 after I installed the requested update d-Mail.msp

I had WLM 2011 on a machine. I uninstalled it and installed WLM 2012. WLM 2012 works after adding a Hotmail and an Outlook account. I ran d-Mail.msp and WLM 2012 is broken. Win 10 1511 with all updates.

enttaeuscht, Jun 7, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Windows 10 Restored & WLM 2012 removed - How to restore WLM 2012

Welcome to TenForums @Skywavedoug.

Pity you didn't come here sooner, the end of support had been known since October last year. The links were finally removed from Microsoft's pages and the files pulled from the download server in March this year. Those of us who knew downloaded the off line installer wlsetup-all.exe before it was too late. See this thread...
    Windows Essentials 2012 will reach end of support on January 10th 2017
    ...and read to the end. There are increasing difficulties running the installer as Windows 10 has been updated, particularly with the Creators Update.

There are a few places that purport to have copies of wlsetup-all.exe you can download, but most of them appear... well... suspicious. There does appear to be a copy of the English off line installer held by the Internet Archive.

Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free & Borrowable Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine

The download is here: wlsetup-all : Microsoft : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

I've downloaded the 'Windows executable' from the above link and done a file comparison with my copy downloaded direct from Microsoft before the links were pulled. The two files appear to be identical.

Bree, Jun 7, 2017
  5. Bastet Win User
    I saved this 2012 installer to my OneDrive account so can share it: Windows Live Essentials offline installer

Bastet, Jun 7, 2017
  6. Helmut Win User
    Hi,
    WLM 2012 is no longer supported. I removed all accounts and storage folders and uninstalled it yesterday. It was not working right on more than one of my 6 Mail Accounts, I checked whilst doing that.

Those Mail Accounts are now on the Windows 10 Mail App by default. Now looking around for something more suitable.

I see no point in installing something that is increasingly useless.

Helmut, Jun 7, 2017
  7. Bastet Win User
    I no longer use it either, in any case after a clean install of Windows 10 WLEssentials no longer installs anything. I've looked & tried other clients but none as easy as WLMail's layout. No interest in paying when there's a mail app built in to Windows 10.

Bastet, Jun 7, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

I keep it just for Movie Maker which I still use regularly. When support for Essentials was ended MS promised a Movie Maker Store app would soon replace it, that statement has now been withdrawn.

Although the install now says it fails, actually...

Windows Essentials 2012 will reach end of support on January 10th 2017 - post #19

The same apples to the other apps in varying degrees. They are installed, but whether they are fully functional is another matter. Reports vary, see the subsequent posts in that thread.

Bree, Jun 7, 2017
  9. Bastet Win User
    Yeah for me it doesn't install any actual programs but does install bits, this slows down the laptop, I can uninstall which fixes the slowdown.

Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Restored & WLM 2012 removed - How to restore WLM 2012 - Similar Threads - Restored WLM 2012

2. View Slide Show in WLM 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    View Slide Show in WLM 2012: I know Microsoft quit supporting Windows Live Mail 2012 but if there's somweone still using it as I am, please tell me how to activate my "View Slide Show" option in incoming email messages. Mine is still blue, like it's a live link but when you click on it, it takes me to...
  3. WLM 2012 Won't Display A "Clickable" Link

in Browsers and Email
    WLM 2012 Won't Display A "Clickable" Link: I'm new at this Win 10 version 1909 thing so be patient. :) I'm using Chrome with WLM 2012. My trouble is for instance: When I go to YouTube and watch a short video clip that I want to send to friends in email, I highlight the web address and press Ctrl + C. I open a new...
  4. Problems With WLM 2012

in Browsers and Email
    Problems With WLM 2012: Good Morning folks. This is my first visit here. I'm in Ontario Canada and YES it's cold here lol. As you might expect, I'm looking for help with an issue I can't seem to resolve. I recently was forced to upgrade to Win 10 (ver# 1909 build# 18363-592) from Win 7. As stated...
  5. WLM 2012 woes in Windows 10 14316

in Browsers and Email
    WLM 2012 woes in Windows 10 14316: Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 14316 While running WLM 2012 I encountered a BSOD. Something to do with Kmode exception. After computer restarted, the WLM 2012 icon was solid white. Program would not start. Tried repair through Control panel Programs and Features. Program...
  6. wlm 2012 issue after upgrading from 7.1

in Browsers and Email
    wlm 2012 issue after upgrading from 7.1: Since upgrading from win 7/64 we have had probs with wlm 2012. In essence we can receive but can't send. after creating the email and clicking send, there is no response at all. Using any other email address renders the same problem. We have a Lineone address which uses...
  7. WLM restore folders and mails

in Browsers and Email
    WLM restore folders and mails: Hi, I accidentally deleted some folders and mails within these in wlm, is there any chance of restoring these folders? Kind regards, Stephen 44879
  8. WLM 2012 Trouble With One Email Account

in Browsers and Email
    WLM 2012 Trouble With One Email Account: I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64, upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I experienced no problems with the upgrade, either during the upgrade process or after it was completed. The one problem I have concerns a single email account in WLM 2012. I have a total of 27 email...
  9. Internet Security Warning popup in WLM 2012

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Security Warning popup in WLM 2012: Anyone have a fix for the Internet Security Warning Popup in WLM 2012. Security certificate cannot be verified is the short version of this popup. If you say yes you can continue, if no you end up with a wlm error 0x800CCC1A. Cannot find a fix. 76393
  10. Windows 10 and WLM 2012 (Solved)

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 and WLM 2012 (Solved): I upgraded today to windows 10 and my WLM is not working, it never gets beyond the splash screen. I had 2011 so tried installing 2012 and still no dice. Even tried running as administrator. I have some vital saved emails that I need to print out. Yes I know I should have done...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wlmsetup 2012 wayback machine