Windows 10: Windows 10 Retail USB Stick

Discus and support Windows 10 Retail USB Stick in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why does the retail boxed version of Windows 10 still have build 10240? After installing the retail version from the bundled USB drive I still have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Keith Weisshar, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Retail USB Stick

Why does the retail boxed version of Windows 10 still have build 10240? After installing the retail version from the bundled USB drive I still have to download a 3.5 GB update to build 10586 every time I reinstall from this read-only USB drive.

:)

Keith Weisshar, Mar 1, 2016

2. Windows 10 retail USB installation stick

Is there a way to obtain a new firmware image tool for the Windows 10 retail USB installation stick to update it to build 14393? This USB stick is firmware locked in read-only mode and contains the original build 10240.

KeithWeisshar, Mar 1, 2016
  3. Zxxl Win User
    Windows 10 Retail Media

Hello Ruth:

Note that I did not buy a DVD. What I got was a really cheap USB stick and it was purchased at a Best Buy store. I had already downloaded and made a .iso disk with the media creator.

I was curious if the retail USB stick contained files or other data not available in the download version. The media creator disc is 3.10 GB and the USB stick is 6.70 GB so it would seem the retail version is different and contains data not included in
    the download media creator version. I'm also curious that if the flimsy USB stick gets broken or possibly inadvertently erased will the activation key work with the downloaded .iso disc file. Is the Windows 10 installation contained on the USB stick different
    than the media creator download version?

Zxxl, Mar 1, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Windows 10 Retail USB Stick

Create your own usb installation stick using

Windows 10

cereberus, Mar 1, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    1. How is Microsoft supposed to update a read-only USB drive that is in your possession?

2. Did you purchase the USB from Microsoft or a third party vendor after November 2015. Even is Microsoft produced retail USB drives that were updated to 10586.0 after the November release, there would still be a stock of the 10240 build flash drives at the vendors'/distributors' warehouses.

3. Microsoft isn't going to spend the money to unpackage and update the 10240 flash drives they had left over. They will simply start shipping the new build when the stock of the old build is depleted.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Retail USB Stick

1. Windows 10 Retail USB Stick - Similar Threads - Retail USB Stick

2. Retail USB Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retail USB Windows 10: How do I fix the corrupted files on a write protected USB? I paid 200$ for this USB and used it one time. Now it won't even make it to setup screen. Is there any way to fix the corrupted files and I would be able to use it again or just toss in trash?...
  3. Retail USB Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retail USB Windows 10: How do I fix the corrupted files on a write protected USB? I paid 200$ for this USB and used it one time. Now it won't even make it to setup screen. Is there any way to fix the corrupted files and I would be able to use it again or just toss in trash?...
  4. Retail USB Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can I reuse a retail windows 10 usb stick on a new computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I reuse a retail windows 10 usb stick on a new computer?: Hi it's time to upgrade my pc and have been looking around the internet for an answer to my question. I have seen alot of mixed answers so im at the moment confused. I bought a windows 10 retail usb stick a while ago and have confirmed it's retail and not OEM and have seen...
  6. Can I reuse a retail windows 10 usb stick on a new computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I reuse a retail windows 10 usb stick on a new computer?: Hi it's time to upgrade my pc and have been looking around the internet for an answer to my question. I have seen alot of mixed answers so im at the moment confused. I bought a windows 10 retail usb stick a while ago and have confirmed it's retail and not OEM and have seen...
  7. Can I reuse a retail windows 10 usb stick on a new computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Retail USB

Windows 10 Retail USB: Is the Windows 10 Retail USB made of aluminum alloy or zinc alloy? The USB edge of the drive have small wear marks caused by plugging and unplugging of the drive. 169442
  9. Windows 10 retail usb.

Windows 10 retail usb.: Hi, I have question regarding the files that retail windows 10 usb contains. I had retail usb version 1607 and what surprised me was that it had install.wim file inside both x86 and x64 sources folder when media creation tool creates install.esd. Right now i would like to...
  10. windows 10 usb stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 usb stick: Windows 10 refuses to recognise any of my usb sticks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-usb-stick/d912e459-704e-4d75-a97e-b2316939c1a5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reatil stick usb windows 10 update