Windows 10: Windows 10 retail ?

Discus and support Windows 10 retail ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello... I'm curious to know what is listed under activation for this version ( windows 10 retail ) not OEM or upgraded to 10 but rather a fresh clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sn00ker, Dec 17, 2017.

1. sn00ker Win User

Windows 10 retail ?

Hello... I'm curious to know what is listed under activation for this version ( windows 10 retail ) not OEM or upgraded to 10 but rather a fresh clean install with a windows 10 retail iso file or usb . Also, is it true those usb stick which Microsoft is selling windows 10 is only the original version ? They don't come out with newer version once its available ? Thanks

:)

sn00ker, Dec 17, 2017

2. Which is the best to purchase Windows 10 PRO OEM or FULL RETAIL PACK?

That only applies to retail Windows 10 licenses

or

Windows 10 licenses upgraded from retail Windows 7 or Windows 8.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 17, 2017
  3. willsonso Win User
    added a new motherboard/SSD, will i need to buy a new retail window as well?

Hello, i got a question regard on retail window 10, i recently brought a window 10 usb retail version from my local computer shop and activated, couple of days ago my motherboard die and a new motherboard/SSD is on the way, will i need to buy a new retail
    window as well?

Sorry for my for broken English.

OT:

retail window 10

willsonso, Dec 17, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

Windows 10 retail ?

There is no such thing as a "retail" ISO or USB. The ISO image includes everything and you enter your key (or don't) when you install it.

If you buy Windows on USB they obviously do not send you a new USB every time there is an upgrade until the end of time - that would be absurd.

If you go to the MS site then you can get the latest version. It is here: Download Windows 10

5. cereberus Win User
    It wil say retail if you run slmgr /dlv and have a genuine retail standalone licence.

It is not true usb stick is original build but it could still be out of date if old stock.

Just download latest version using media creation tool.

cereberus, Dec 17, 2017
  6. sn00ker Win User
    Yes there is an retail windows 10, maybe where you're living there isn't but if one goes into a Microsoft store or where ever they sell retail version you'll notice this . Windows 10 is sold in 3 ways Retail or OEM & Upgrade and each have a different price, retail is the most expensive of the 3

sn00ker, Dec 17, 2017
  7. sn00ker Win User
    How are you so sure with the newer builds? Reason why I'm asking I happen to be in a Microsoft store and spoke with their top guy lol and I asked him about the usb stick version. The dude said Microsoft has never updated their usb flash stick to newer versions

sn00ker, Dec 17, 2017
  8. lx07 Win User

Windows 10 retail ?

Why do you care though?

You can download it.

9. Clintlgm Win User
    Yep must download from MCT and let it overwrite your USB it will have the latest version, no problems your product key will determine what version is installed retail, Oem, upgrade, Pro, etc is all determined by your product key embedded in your MB or typed in by your for a clean install on a new machine.

Clintlgm, Dec 17, 2017
  10. sn00ker Win User
    Why I care I'm curious as to what a retail version shows under activate, its the whole point to my question

sn00ker, Dec 17, 2017
  11. sn00ker Win User
    Thanks for your input but it doesn't answer my question

sn00ker, Dec 17, 2017
  12. sn00ker Win User
    After looking into it more you're right . The manager at the store lied with his BS, they do sell the latest

sn00ker, Dec 17, 2017
  13. cereberus Win User

Windows 10 retail ?

The MS guy is basically talking rubbish or you have misinterpreted what he is saying.

It may be true the drive may not get updated to latest build due to being old stock but that does not mean all usb drives are using original version.

Also what is true is even if you get latest build on iso or download from MS, it will install 16299.15 and then autoupdate to (currently) 16299.125.

cereberus, Dec 17, 2017
  14. Hi,
    Even if the version wasn't the latest version it soon will be after the install
    You might get them to define what retail means

Retail used to mean that one could use the same activation key on another mother board if the original dies and or one had to buy a new machine that died *Smile

ThrashZone, Dec 17, 2017
  15. sn00ker Win User
    Yeah, I'm thinking he wanted to get rid of old stock . I spoke with another store and they say they've version 1703 Redstone 2 15063 which I believe is the second latest

sn00ker, Dec 17, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 retail ?

1. Windows 10 retail ? - Similar Threads - retail

2. convert a volume license installed windows 10 to retail windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    convert a volume license installed windows 10 to retail windows 10: I bought a brand new computer off of amazon. The new system was supposed to come with windows. But apparently is was done with a volume license server key. Windows now says it is expired.I'd like to put a retail key in place. How can I do this? Can this be done without...
  3. convert a volume license installed windows 10 to retail windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    convert a volume license installed windows 10 to retail windows 10: I bought a brand new computer off of amazon. The new system was supposed to come with windows. But apparently is was done with a volume license server key. Windows now says it is expired.I'd like to put a retail key in place. How can I do this? Can this be done without...
  4. convert a volume license installed windows 10 to retail windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Request for Confirmation: Transfer of Retail License Keys of Windows OS to new desktops

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Request for Confirmation: Transfer of Retail License Keys of Windows OS to new desktops: Dear TeamI am writing to inform you about the necessary upgrade of our office computer desktops, which are currently running on Windows 10 OS with the retail license keys associated.       As part of the upgrade process, we intend to replace the outdated desktops with new,...
  6. Request for Confirmation: Transfer of Retail License Keys of Windows OS to new desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request for Confirmation: Transfer of Retail License Keys of Windows OS to new desktops: Dear TeamI am writing to inform you about the necessary upgrade of our office computer desktops, which are currently running on Windows 10 OS with the retail license keys associated.       As part of the upgrade process, we intend to replace the outdated desktops with new,...
  7. Request for Confirmation: Transfer of Retail License Keys of Windows OS to new desktops

8. how to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without complete reinstall?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without complete reinstall?: How to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without a complete reinstall of Windows 11?In other words: how to make the Windows 11 home dependant on the Motherboard?We have to change a new MoBo , that has to be exchanged for a bit stronger one.Windows 11 home...
  9. how to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without complete reinstall?

how to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without complete reinstall?: How to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without a complete reinstall of Windows 11?In other words: how to make the Windows 11 home dependant on the Motherboard?We have to change a new MoBo , that has to be exchanged for a bit stronger one.Windows 11 home...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Retail USB installs 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Retail USB installs 10 Home: Trying to revive a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro that had a bad SDD. it originally had 8.1.Purchased 2 windows 10 pro retail version with product key. with new drive in. USB flash drive didn't fit on to the USB 3 port on the laptop.So, used a hub. Booted from USB and stated installing...