Windows 10: Windows 10 reverts back to a previous state on EVERY reboot

Discus and support Windows 10 reverts back to a previous state on EVERY reboot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; New to the forum so hello all. A few days ago my Pc started to act slow and slugging so i restarted it a couple of times and on the 3rd reboot it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mickster, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Mickster Win User

Windows 10 reverts back to a previous state on EVERY reboot

New to the forum so hello all.
    A few days ago my Pc started to act slow and slugging so i restarted it a couple of times and on the 3rd reboot it started a disc check. Once it finished it worked flawlessly BUT it had reverted to a previously unknown restore point. Ok i thought and reinstalled some programs that were missing and went to bed. Next day i booted it up and all the programs were missing again.....The same unknown restore point was back! Curious now, i installed a program, rebooted the pc, and once again, same restore point! Just what is happening?
    T I A Michael.

:)

Mickster, Dec 22, 2015

2. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (FCU) 1709 Reboot fails to start update

My laptop is a Lenovo IdeaPad G50-80, delivered with Windows 10 Home delivered on it, The previous updates (Anniversary and Creators Updates) all installed. As I stated, the FCU update processed completely the first time on the date the update was released.
    I was forces to revert back after find the laptop very unresponsive. Now, the Fall Creators Update is downloaded and waiting for the Reboot process. However, this Reboot only reverts back to the Window 10 Creators version, with-out starting the update.

yleclerc- [O365], Dec 22, 2015
  3. Windows 10 update green screen

Just done windows 10 update and got green screeen.

Reverted back to previous update as literally everything was green.

Now i have black screen with hp and loading circle stating reverting back to previous update and not doing anything else help

Pauline_228, Dec 22, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

What happens if delete the restore points using Disk Cleanup?

5. Mickster Win User
    Deleted all restore points and nothing has changed. Boots up, message 'configuring Windows' appears and back to basic Windows and I've lost all recent programs again. Baffling!

Mickster, Dec 23, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Dec 23, 2015
  7. YOU
    You Win User
    If check in the Program Files folders, do see folders for any programs that installed that disappeared?
    And the programs that stay are not Windows programs, correct (by "Windows programs" I mean Internet Explorer, etc.)?

What happens if open System Restore and restore to the remaining restore point (Disk Cleanup will not delete the latest restore point)?

Thema:

1. Windows 10 reverts back to a previous state on EVERY reboot - Similar Threads - reverts previous state

2. Windows keeps going back to a previous state.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps going back to a previous state.: I am running windows 10 and have one of the most frustrating problems I have ever encountered! Basically, I run windows and it if fine for a few weeks or even months and then it boots up one day and it has gone back to a previous state.By this, I mean that If I add a program,...
  3. Windows keeps going back to a previous state.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps going back to a previous state.: I am running windows 10 and have one of the most frustrating problems I have ever encountered! Basically, I run windows and it if fine for a few weeks or even months and then it boots up one day and it has gone back to a previous state.By this, I mean that If I add a program,...
  4. Windows Reverts to Previous State on Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Reverts to Previous State on Boot: Recently, my computer experienced a blue screen, and now whenever it is turned off or reset it seems to revert to the state it was in immediately before the blue screen. Any files that I download or move to any part of the computer are gone on reboot. Any files that I delete...
  5. Windows Reverts to Previous State on Boot

Windows Reverts to Previous State on Boot: Recently, my computer experienced a blue screen, and now whenever it is turned off or reset it seems to revert to the state it was in immediately before the blue screen. Any files that I download or move to any part of the computer are gone on reboot. Any files that I delete...
  6. Windows Reverts to Previous State on Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC crashing and rebooting to previous state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing and rebooting to previous state: My computer has been crashing at random for about a week now, and when it reboots it restores the settings, programs, and files as they were before the first crash. It's made it impossible to reliably use. Everything will run fine for an indeterminate amount of time I'm...
  8. PC crashing and rebooting to previous state

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashing and rebooting to previous state: My computer has been crashing at random for about a week now, and when it reboots it restores the settings, programs, and files as they were before the first crash. It's made it impossible to reliably use. Everything will run fine for an indeterminate amount of time I'm...
  9. PC crashing and rebooting to previous state

10. MY PC GOES TO A PREVIOUS STATE ON EVERY REBOOT

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MY PC GOES TO A PREVIOUS STATE ON EVERY REBOOT: my pc started acting slow once so i restarted it i didnt notice anything changed so i kept using it until the day after i realised a program i have installed the day before is gone, and my chrome search history is outdated so i uninstalled a random program and restarted my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. go back to a restore point reverts windows update

2. hp laptop windows 10 installation reverts to previous

3. windows 10 how to back to to previous state after every reboot

4. server reverts back to previous state after reboot,
  5. update reverts back after reboot,
  6. win 10 home revert after reboot,
  7. windows 10 reverts to home screen,
  8. win 10 personalization reverts back every reboot,
  9. windows 10 reverts back to previous state after reboot