Windows 10: Windows 10 Right-click Menu Bar Icons Not Appearing

Discus and support Windows 10 Right-click Menu Bar Icons Not Appearing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently, I've noticed that some the right-click menu bar icons haven't been appearing, among in some other places. Screenshots: Imgur: The most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jiwonpark, Apr 2, 2016.

1. jiwonpark Win User

Windows 10 Right-click Menu Bar Icons Not Appearing

Recently, I've noticed that some the right-click menu bar icons haven't been appearing, among in some other places.

Screenshots: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    First image: Right click menu.
    Second image: The taskbar preview close button not appearing.

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

jiwonpark, Apr 2, 2016

2. Start Menu does not respond

My windows 10 icon on the left side of the task bar does not respond to a left click. If I right click a menu appears. That is the only place I can go to shut down my computer. I used to left click and do this. Also, I cannot switch back and forth between
    the window desktop and the old style desktop.

Original title: Windows 10 task bar icon

grumpygary, Apr 2, 2016
  3. Windows 10 taskbar won't hide

That worked for me, once I remembered that the "notification area" is the part on the right side, and I had to click on the arrow to "show hidden icons." One of the icons had an X through it. When I clicked on it the icon it disappeared and the task-bar
    went back to auto-hiding.

Could be a coincidence, but this problem appeared right after the first (and so-far only) appearance of the dreaded Windows 10 "Critical Error: The start menu and Cortana are not working" message.

Cliffskier, Apr 2, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

Right click on start, click command prompt admin

Type sfc /scannow

That will check your system files for damage

lmaneke, Apr 3, 2016
  5. jiwonpark Win User
    Thanks for the reply. I did as you recommended, and this is what I got:

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

It says Windows found some corrupt files, however it was unable to repair all of them. I went into the logs and opened the logs file but I'm not sure how to read/use it to find my problem.

Also, I could do a reboot of my computer to be sure, just in case the problem was fixed. I don't know if that will affect the logs though.

jiwonpark, Apr 4, 2016
  6. lmaneke Win User
    Time to run the DISM tool

Go back to the elevated command prompt

Type DISM /online /Cleanup-image /checkhealth

This will check to see if your Windows image is repairable

If repairable, type
    DISM /online /cleanup-image /restore health

This will fix the Windows image.

After repair, do the sfc /scannow again and it should work

lmaneke, Apr 4, 2016
  7. jiwonpark Win User
    Doing now. Thank you so much for your help so far.

jiwonpark, Apr 4, 2016
  8. jiwonpark Win User

jiwonpark, Apr 4, 2016
  9. lmaneke Win User
    Repair a Windows Image

Read though this. This should help with source files.

Hope that helps. I had to do this on Windows 8.1 once.

lmaneke, Apr 4, 2016
  10. jiwonpark Win User
    I read it, however I still don't understand why the command prompt says it could not find the source files. Where is this source file located?

jiwonpark, Apr 5, 2016
  11. lmaneke Win User
    The source files are found on the WIM file "ESD" on the Windows Installation Media Disk.

If you don't have install media, you will need to download the Windows 10 media creation tool. Google it, and you should be able to find it.

Use the tool to download Windows 10 x64 bit and it will give you the option to copy to a flash drive or burn to DVD.

Download the ISO, and you must mount the ISO.

Davidhk has the instructions. I didn't have to do the source file detect on Windows 8.1, but Windows 10 probably requires it

lmaneke, Apr 5, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    RE : Source files could not be found

Please follow the instructions listed below...................

Use the Tech bench link to download your version of Windows 10 ISO file:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench

Once you have the iso downloaded, right click at the ISO > click Mount > leave it there.
    Then open the same elevated command prompt and copy and paste this................

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2016
  13. jiwonpark Win User

Thanks guys! Will follow up with the steps.

EDIT: Forgot it was a big file. Will leave it to download overnight and hopefully fix this problem once and for all tomorrow. Appreciate all your help guys *Smile

jiwonpark, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Right-click Menu Bar Icons Not Appearing - Similar Threads - Right click Menu

2. Right click menu icons overlapping the text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click menu icons overlapping the text: Hello I'm not sure if this issue occured with latest windows updates. I'm running Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release and when I righ click on the desktop or in any folder my icons are overlapping the text when I restart the explorer it fixes it for like 5...
  3. Right click menu icons overlapping the text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click menu icons overlapping the text: Hello I'm not sure if this issue occured with latest windows updates. I'm running Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release and when I righ click on the desktop or in any folder my icons are overlapping the text when I restart the explorer it fixes it for like 5...
  4. Hidden Icons Menu Appearing in Top Right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden Icons Menu Appearing in Top Right: Hi all,I recently updated to the latest version of Windows 11 available for me at the time Moment 2 and since then, I've noticed this weird behavior for my hidden icons menu whenever I click on the arrow in my taskbar. The menu now appears on the top right of the screen...
  5. Hidden Icons Menu Appearing in Top Right

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden Icons Menu Appearing in Top Right: Hi all,I recently updated to the latest version of Windows 11 available for me at the time Moment 2 and since then, I've noticed this weird behavior for my hidden icons menu whenever I click on the arrow in my taskbar. The menu now appears on the top right of the screen...
  6. Writing in Start menu not possible. Icon in task bar cannot be right clicked.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Writing in Start menu not possible. Icon in task bar cannot be right clicked.: Hello, I just updated a slightly older system from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Everything has worked so far. But now I have the problem that I can not write in the start menu. If I log off and log on again, then start typing in the start menu for example "Edg..." then the start...
  7. "Access Backups" appears in right click menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Access Backups" appears in right click menu: Hi all and thanks for being awesome supporters.I noticed today that my computer have added a new choise when I am right clicking a file og folder. The values "Access Backups" is displayed.When I click /use this option it displays the pdf file i Edge as always. It is the same...
  8. Custom Icons in Right Click menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Icons in Right Click menu.: [ATTACH] Hello! Is possible to add custom icons to the right click menu options (example screenshot)? Thanks! https://preview.redd.it/qmuv6tpve2l61.png?width=215&format=png&auto=webp&s=ff27929f918cba85ad59deafc6b3aad981d2d1bc submitted by /u/_TopComp_ [link]...
  9. right click menu in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    right click menu in windows 10: 2 Days ago, wile using Firefox, I remarked that my PC started to act strange: wile trying to open a new tab, instead, a new window was opening. In Explorer, I cannot use the Right Click.As soon as I press the right button on the mouse, the menu opens and right away it closes....
  10. Ctrl+A causes right click menu to appear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl+A causes right click menu to appear: Not sure if this is an OS thing or a keyboard thing but I thought I'd ask. Ever since I've gotten my hp Spectre laptop, if I use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+A, it sometimes causes the right click menu to appear. Because it's so inconsistent and doesn't always happen when I use...