Windows 10: windows 10 roll back option.

Discus and support windows 10 roll back option. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Updated my windows 10 1511 registered version to insider preview 14376. I know I can rollback to 1511, my question is if I get another fast ring... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hewjr100, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Hewjr100 Win User

windows 10 roll back option.

Updated my windows 10 1511 registered version to insider preview 14376. I know I can rollback to 1511, my question is if I get another fast ring update, will I lose the option to rollback to 1511.

Henry

:)

Hewjr100, Jun 28, 2016
  2. Pronounce Win User

Stuck at Choose your keyboard layout

Under Advanced Options on the Windows 10 installation DVD it's possible to request a roll back of the OS to Windows 7. The option says to roll back to a previous build and it shows Windows 10 as the only option, but if you just upgraded Windows 7 the previous
    build will be Windows 7.

Pronounce, Jun 28, 2016
  3. Windows 10 roll back option from revovery disk - a warning

I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 using the free upgrade offered. Following the upgrade my product key was activated and I was successfully using 10.

It became necessary for me to use the Recovery Disk and use the Roll Back Windows 10 option. This completed successfully and my Windows 10 environment was re-established. I then noticed that Windows was 'Not Activated' so I tried to activate it using my
    Windows 7 product key which was unfortunately rejected.

After some time working with chat on Microsoft's chat function I was led to believe that:

If you roll back Windows 10 from a Windows 7 upgrade you must re-install Windows 7 and re-upgrade.

As my OS was pre-installed and my Win 10 environment was stable and secure (I had backups) I saw no need to keep my Windows 7.

So be warned - Don't roll back Windows 10 unless you are prepared to re-install 7!

RichardVerne, Jun 28, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Yes, you can only roll back to the previous version.

You best bet would be to roll back now, take an image backup then move on the the latest Insider build (14379). That way you can return to 1511 any time by restoring the image.

Ztruker, Jun 30, 2016
  5. Hewjr100 Win User
    Good to know Thanks.

Henry

Hewjr100, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 roll back option. - Similar Threads - roll option

2. How to reinstall old graphics driver when roll back isn't an option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall old graphics driver when roll back isn't an option?: I thought that uninstalling my graphics driver was the fix to getting my brightness bar. I don't have a brightness bar at all, it's very strange. I uninstalled it but now I regret it and want that graphics driver back. It won't let me roll back though. How do I find it and...
  3. How to reinstall old graphics driver when roll back isn't an option?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall old graphics driver when roll back isn't an option?: I thought that uninstalling my graphics driver was the fix to getting my brightness bar. I don't have a brightness bar at all, it's very strange. I uninstalled it but now I regret it and want that graphics driver back. It won't let me roll back though. How do I find it and...
  4. Roll back driver option greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roll back driver option greyed out: Hi,Looking to roll back a driver that messed up a ton of peoples audio in our org but the roll back driver option in Device Manager is greyed out for everyone including admins. Is there another way roll back a driver? Thanks....
  5. Roll back driver option greyed out

Roll back driver option greyed out: Hi,Looking to roll back a driver that messed up a ton of peoples audio in our org but the roll back driver option in Device Manager is greyed out for everyone including admins. Is there another way roll back a driver? Thanks....
  6. Is rolling back to windows 10 my only option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is rolling back to windows 10 my only option?: I hadn't realized that i needed to have TPM 2.0 when installing Windows on my laptop. it met the other requirements to run it so it never was an issue. However, after the last few updates, some games that i play are unable to run without TPM 2.0 enabled, and because it is a...
  7. Is rolling back to windows 10 my only option?

Is rolling back to windows 10 my only option?: I hadn't realized that i needed to have TPM 2.0 when installing Windows on my laptop. it met the other requirements to run it so it never was an issue. However, after the last few updates, some games that i play are unable to run without TPM 2.0 enabled, and because it is a...
  8. Windows 11 is awful. Where is the option to roll back to 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is awful. Where is the option to roll back to 10?: I tried 11 upon first release and it was awful. Left it a while to have another go as I thought "after a year, they will have made it more stable." How naïve I was to assume a tech giant could produce a stable OS. Windows 11 has genuinely ruined my PC. It was perfectly fine...
  9. Windows 11 is awful. Where is the option to roll back to 10?

Windows 11 is awful. Where is the option to roll back to 10?: I tried 11 upon first release and it was awful. Left it a while to have another go as I thought "after a year, they will have made it more stable." How naïve I was to assume a tech giant could produce a stable OS. Windows 11 has genuinely ruined my PC. It was perfectly fine...
  10. Photos app update for Windows 11 rolls out with a new interface and editing options

in Windows 10 News
    Photos app update for Windows 11 rolls out with a new interface and editing options: The Photos app in Windows 10 and 11 is not exactly a fan-favorite. Many users prefer the good old Photo Viewer, for its speed, simplicity and overall usefulness. That could change, because Microsoft is rolling out a new update for the Photos app for Windows 11, and it brings...