Windows 10: Windows 10 running slow after power outage

Discus and support Windows 10 running slow after power outage in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So a couple weeks ago there was a power outage in my town and it screwed up my computer in a weird way. I don't have a surge protector or a ups (but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PianoThrower, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Windows 10 running slow after power outage

So a couple weeks ago there was a power outage in my town and it screwed up my computer in a weird way. I don't have a surge protector or a ups (but I should get one). When the computer rebooted for the first time after the power outage it took about 10-20 minutes to start up fully and once it was fully up and running every program I started was running very slowly and most of the time wouldn't respond. I've already done a full computer reset and I also reinstalled Windows 10 but it is still an issue. I hope it isn't a hardware issue but if it is I'd like to know what piece of hardware it is and the steps I should do to fix/replace it.

:)

PianoThrower, Nov 1, 2015

2. Power Outage / lost all files

I'm running Windows 10 on an hp ENVY 23 desktop and there was a power outage that lasted for all of 10 seconds. The pc was on at the time and when the outage shut it off I powered it back on to find all of my files I had on the desktop are now gone. Is
    this a normal function for a pc that goes through a power outage? Also I tried to do a recovery and restore but I get the message that no changes could be made.

DarrekBattle, Nov 1, 2015
  3. efi38 Win User
    windows restarts after power loss

windows restarts after power outage

efi38, Nov 1, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Windows 10 running slow after power outage

Chance is your HD was corrupted or even damaged due to power outage. Open Admin command prompt:
    • Run: chkdsk /r C:
    • then Run: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth&sfc /scannow&pause

NOTE: You can copy and paste the above to the command line then run.

topgundcp, Nov 1, 2015
  5. I ran chkdsk /r C: and it returned, "Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
    process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
    checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)"

PianoThrower, Nov 1, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Yes, C Drive is your Windows OS so chkdsk needs to run offline. Answer yes then restart your PC, it will run chkdsk. Note that It will take a while to run and sometimes seems stalling, just let it finish chkdsk.

topgundcp, Nov 1, 2015
  7. I ran chkdsk after the restart but then I ran "Run: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth&sfc /scannow&pause"
    and it got to 40% and returned:

The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 0% complete.

PianoThrower, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 running slow after power outage

1. Windows 10 running slow after power outage - Similar Threads - running slow power

2. Slow web browsing performance after power outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow web browsing performance after power outage: I can confirm that the router is fine. Other PC's on the network don't have this issue, only my computer is affected.Issue is present across all browsers: Chrome, FireFox, and Edge.I've already run sfc /scannow, which found and fixed some corrupted files but didn't resolve...
  3. Slow web browsing performance after power outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow web browsing performance after power outage: I can confirm that the router is fine. Other PC's on the network don't have this issue, only my computer is affected.Issue is present across all browsers: Chrome, FireFox, and Edge.I've already run sfc /scannow, which found and fixed some corrupted files but didn't resolve...
  4. Slow web browsing performance after power outage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 not starting after power outage

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 not starting after power outage: Power went out and now windows doesnt start. All the basic fixes dont work Startup Repair - Couldnt repair your PC System Restore - To use System Restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then...
  6. Windows slowing down after power outage ish

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows slowing down after power outage ish: Ok so, last night we had the power shut off for a split second before the power came back on. After this, my laptop decided it wanted to slow down. When the power outage occurred, I got a notification saying something about my computer going into low power mode, so perhaps...
  7. Windows slowing down after power outage

Windows slowing down after power outage: Ok so, last night we had the power shut off for a split second before the power came back on. After this, my laptop decided it wanted to slow down. When the power outage occurred, I got a notification saying something about my computer going into low power mode, so perhaps...
  8. After a power outage, my PC became very slow.

After a power outage, my PC became very slow.: Hi, I have a UPS but it was faulty so when ther was a power outage, my PC had no electricity supply. When my electricity came back, i booted the computer and it booted quickly, but i couldn't excute any commands quickly, ie. If i wanted to open the start menu, it would take...
  9. Windows 10 booting got slow after power outage

Windows 10 booting got slow after power outage: Windows 10 booting got slow after power outage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-booting-got-slow-after-power-outage/7caa9281-a8c6-4c62-9d9b-68ea4ef30c5b
  10. Windows 10 can't run app and taskbar after power outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 can't run app and taskbar after power outage: When power outage my PC shutdown and after i can't run app or taskbar loiok like this video kLXmqFYuzHw Now i can fix by "Ctrl + I go to settings and Reset PC". But this way will uninstall all apps. I want ask still another way to fix it ? I'm using windows 10 pro 64bit...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 running slow after power outage

2. windows 10 slowdown after power outage

3. windows 10 slow boot after power outage

4. WINdow 10 run slow after power outage,
  5. windows 10 very slow after power outage,
  6. after a power outage outlook is running slowly