Windows 10: Windows 10 Running very Slow!! Think I have a Virus or Malware Help!!

Discus and support Windows 10 Running very Slow!! Think I have a Virus or Malware Help!! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop had been running extremely slow lately and I get all kinds of pop ups! I am running Windows 10 Home and have an HP laptop. I believe I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by deedee96, Jun 24, 2016.

1. deedee96 Win User

Windows 10 Running very Slow!! Think I have a Virus or Malware Help!!

Hi, My laptop had been running extremely slow lately and I get all kinds of pop ups! I am running Windows 10 Home and have an HP laptop. I believe I have a virus or malware. I ran malwarebytes and it found nothing. I also have a hijack this log if it would help also.

Thank you
    Deanna

:)

deedee96, Jun 24, 2016

2. Help! I think I have a virus.

Remove Adware & PUPs with these tools. You might not need all of them. Check for updates first and then scan with each one at a time until your machine is clean.

AdwCleaner (Free)

Download AdwCleaner

Malwarebytes (Get the free version)

Anti-Malware Premium 14-day Free Trial

When offered, uncheck: Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium.

Junkware Removal Tool (Free)

Download Junkware Removal Tool

HitmanPro (30 day free trial if needed)

HitmanPro.Alert Ransomware Prevention, Secondary Scanner and Zero-Day Exploit Protection | hitmanpro.com

If necessary, reset your browsers. For IE:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/reset-internet-explorer-settings

For Chrome:

Reset Chrome settings to default - Google Chrome Help

Bruce Hagen, Jun 24, 2016
  3. Umar Shah Win User
    Help! I think I have a virus.

Hi Taylor,

I hope that problem on your computer is fixed Now if isn't

You can use following software rogue killer anti malware

Download RogueKiller

If you need any further help let me know here .

Umar Shah, Jun 24, 2016
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Start by D/L ing & running RKill. This will attempt to terminate any malware processes. Once you run RKill, DO NOT REBOOT.

Next, update your Malwarebytes database if needed & run Malwarebytes again to see if it finds anything.

Also suggest you run AdwCleaner.

And for good measure, d/l & run TDSSKiller to rule out the possibility of rootkits.

Windows 10 Running very Slow!! Think I have a Virus or Malware Help!! [​IMG]
    Note When running TDSSKiller, launch the program, click on the blue text "Change Parameters" & check the box marked "Detect TDLFS File system." Click OK & then run the scan.

Another option would be to run SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner Personal Edition. This scanner does not need to be installed & can run from a USB or desktop if needed.

SUPERAntiSpyware - SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner

Borg 386, Jun 24, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Running very Slow!! Think I have a Virus or Malware Help!! - Similar Threads - Running very Slow

2. Do you think I have a virus or malware problem?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do you think I have a virus or malware problem?: Hi , I keep getting pop ups . It`s looks like they are coming from femefun.com . How would I get this off my computer? I ran my anti virus and malware scan , nothing showed up. I`m also running Spy Bot. Nothing with that either. What would you suggest?...
  3. Windows 10 running very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 running very slow: I recently deleted 5 GB of temp from the trash can and saved the important temp files and now my windows 10 is very slow, what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-running-very-slow/49eb53d2-3333-42b5-8a6c-5df00018b7d8
  4. Windows 10 running very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 running very slow: I recently deleted 5 GB of temp from the trash can and saved the important temp files and now my windows 10 is very slow, what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-running-very-slow/49eb53d2-3333-42b5-8a6c-5df00018b7d8
  5. Windows 10 running very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. windows 10 running very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 running very slow: Hello Windows 10 users My windows 10 is running very slow. Is there any solutions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-running-very-slow/7fefdc17-09e1-4b28-8d25-586d9d09b21c
  7. I think i have malware help

I think i have malware help: I added extension to google chrome i it wirked fine for weeks after a while it detect a malware i deleted the extension but when i run my pc it take 100 cpu and there is no app is running is this a virus...
  8. windows 10 running very slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 running very slow: This started on monday, my pc will completely freeze on login, or right after login. The mouse would start moving very slowly and the keyboard would not register any input. It doesn't happen in safe mode. I did a virus scan that came back clean. I ultimately deleted the...
  9. I think I have a virus!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    I think I have a virus!!!: I installed hacks for gta and my anti virus did not pick up anything but when looking in virus total i think it is mad if you look at its activity it made dll files and set some keys here is where you see its activity :...
  10. [HELP] I think I'm infected with UNKNOWN malware/virus

[HELP] I think I'm infected with UNKNOWN malware/virus: I have a newly bought laptop, an Acer Aspire E 15. What that lead me to think that I'm infected is because when I tried to visit my Windows folder (because I was searching for 'SystemApps' folder to disable Cortana) I saw random weird files with random names and all of the...