Windows 10: Windows 10 says internal hard drive is external.

Discus and support Windows 10 says internal hard drive is external. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello i have 4 hard disk on my pc 3 hhd and one ssd on ahci mode but the Windows 10 says internal hard drive is external why? [img] 85077 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by payback123, May 21, 2017.

1. Windows 10 says internal hard drive is external.

hello i have 4 hard disk on my pc 3 hhd and one ssd on ahci mode but the Windows 10 says internal hard drive is external why?

Windows 10 says internal hard drive is external. [​IMG]

:)

payback123, May 21, 2017
  2. candun Win User

How do you remove a 'ghost' hard drive or the link to it?

Here is a list of the current named/lettered internal, external 'drives' I have on my HP laptop PC (Windows 10)

Internal: External:

Local Disc (CWindows 10 says internal hard drive is external. :) Storage (FWindows 10 says internal hard drive is external. :)

Recovery (DWindows 10 says internal hard drive is external. :) DVD RW (HWindows 10 says internal hard drive is external. :)

DVD RW Drive (EWindows 10 says internal hard drive is external. :)

The external 'ghost' hard drive which the PC Control Panel File History says is 'disconnected' is Expansion Drive (GWindows 10 says internal hard drive is external. :)?

When I go to Control Panel: select drives, none of the external, internal hard drives come up?

Control Panel: Computer Management: Disc Management had the above drives listed

but does NOT have Expansion Drive (GWindows 10 says internal hard drive is external. :) listed?

If the named/lettered Drive does not exist how can one delete the 'link' to it,

stop getting the 'File History' drive disconnected error message?

candun, May 21, 2017
  3. Somehow lost my file history.

Now when I turn it on it wants to only save to an external hard drive. When I try to save to internal hard drive it says it cannot. Which drive should I direct it to?

DianaBritton, May 21, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

Windows 10 says internal hard drive is external.

Do you have hot plugging enabled in you BIOS?

5. hot plugging?

payback123, May 21, 2017
  6. WOT
    WOT Win User
  7. payback123, May 21, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

The red arrows are pointing to it. Toggle that bios setting from [Enabled] to [Disabled].

9. i dont have those option in bios

payback123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 says internal hard drive is external. - Similar Threads - says internal hard

2. Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive: I recently bought a new Windows 10 PC but kept the old hard drive from my previous Windows 10 PC. I bought the connector cable to plug it to a USB port in as if it were an external hard drive, but Windows keeps wanting to recognize it as a floppy drive. How do I get Windows...
  3. Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive: I recently bought a new Windows 10 PC but kept the old hard drive from my previous Windows 10 PC. I bought the connector cable to plug it to a USB port in as if it were an external hard drive, but Windows keeps wanting to recognize it as a floppy drive. How do I get Windows...
  4. Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Will plugging in a external hard drive help internal hard drive problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will plugging in a external hard drive help internal hard drive problems: I've been having problems with my disk being 100% randomly and i've tried all the fixes from changing virtual memory, stopping services like sysmain and windows search and installing new drivers none of them have fixed the problem so im thinking about changing hard drive i...
  6. Will plugging in a external hard drive help internal hard drive problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will plugging in a external hard drive help internal hard drive problems: I've been having problems with my disk being 100% randomly and i've tried all the fixes from changing virtual memory, stopping services like sysmain and windows search and installing new drivers none of them have fixed the problem so im thinking about changing hard drive i...
  7. Will plugging in a external hard drive help internal hard drive problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Using an external hard drive to increase storage capacity of internal hard drive in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using an external hard drive to increase storage capacity of internal hard drive in windows 10: Hello.I have been trying to extend a volume by using Disk Management in windows 10.But without success. I am not sure I'm doing the right thing.My internal disk is filling up so I connected an external hard drive to extend the capacity. Disk Management does not seem work....
  9. Disconnect internal hard drive externally

Disconnect internal hard drive externally: Being anal about backups and having issue after issue with Win 10, I need a way to physically disconnect/reconnect an internal backup hard drive with out cracking open the case and unplugging it. All of my hard drives are ssd. Ron 98831
  10. RAW external hard drive after making it internal

RAW external hard drive after making it internal: So here's what happened. I've decided to make my 1TB WD external HDD to aninternal one, I connected it internally using SATA, booted up Windows, and found it wasn't displayed in my computer. I tried to assign a drive letter and initialize it, make it active but it stays at...