Windows 10: Windows 10 Scaling Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Scaling Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have been dealing with a problem ever since I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 two weeks ago. Some applications open with very large... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jeffallen08, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Scaling Problem

Hello,
    I have been dealing with a problem ever since I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 two weeks ago. Some applications open with very large fonts and the windows do not have scroll bars to show the full text. I have attached a few screenshots so you can see what I'm talking about. My resolution is set to 1920x1080 on all three of my monitors and i have not messed with and DPI setting in Display Settings. Any Ideas? I have search all day long and have not found anything that helps my issue.

Windows 10 Scaling Problem [​IMG]

:)

jeffallen08, Nov 30, 2015
  2. Javier 22 Win User

Live tiles not working with custom DPI

I'm facing the same problem.

I need to set a custom scaling to be able to make desktop apps usable in tablet mode. The root of the problem is that in windows 10 the user defined scaling is the same for modern and desktop apps. We need to be able to set independent scalings:

https://windows.uservoice.com/forum...w-different-scaling-for-desktop-and-universal

Javier 22, Nov 30, 2015
  3. TomHood2 Win User
    Blurry text in windows 10 in some programs

Heren is how to fix Blurry Font Problem In Windows 10

1 – Right-click on the shortcut of the app you’re having an issue with.

2 – Select Properties.

3 – Select the Compatibility tab.

4 – Enable Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.

:– Launch the XPExplorer – Windows 10 DPI Fix.

:– checks for Use Windows 8.1 Scaling .

:– choose your scaling level .

Source:-
    https://merabheja.com/fix-blurry-font-problem-in-windows-10/

TomHood2, Nov 30, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Windows 10 Scaling Problem

Is it only those applications or are there regular windows that also use large fonts?

If it's just those applications (programs) then maybe uninstalling and reinstalling them will help or perhaps they have a setting for scaling or resolution or size that can be changed?
    Was the resolution set to 1920x1080 before upgrading as well?

Ztruker, Nov 30, 2015
  5. It only seems to happen on programs that use that specific style of window. I don't know what to call it but if you look at the images I added in my original post they all seem to match. No windows applications are affected, Microsoft Office, Adobe, and the browsers all are fine. My resolution has not changed but I will try uninstalling and reinstalling these applications.

6. Xtech Win User
    I would suggest using Intel's driver instead of Microsoft's default. For example my system has the Intel 4000 video and the Intel Driver Update Utility will download and install 15.33.38.64.4252. Windows 10 will try to install a much older driver that was very slow on my system.

Xtech, Nov 30, 2015
  7. I have installed the latest drivers from intel and have the same result. Thanks

8. Xtech Win User

- Have you verified all the settings that effect Fonts on Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display?
    - If it is in only certain programs have you run those in compatibility mode? Via the right click "Troubleshoot Compatibility"

Xtech, Nov 30, 2015
  9. Xtech,
    Yes I have ran the three programs in compatibility mode as well as checked and uncheck the Disable scaling on High Res DPI. Also I have messed with the advanced display settings to adjust the size of text and other items.

10. Solved

I found the problem. The issue was after I installed windows 10, I took my backup copy of my fonts folder containing over 300 fonts from windows 8.1 and overwrote the windows 10 font folder. The MS Sans Serif font that is used in the dialog boxes of many applications was messed up so it defaulted to another font causing the display issue. After replacing the font from a good copy of windows 10 everything works as it should.

jeffallen08, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Scaling Problem - Similar Threads - Scaling Problem

2. Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%: When using my laptop with two other monitors, I need the scaling to change on my laptop so I can still see information on that screen, so I change it to 125%. I also use the snipping tool regularly, but that gets screwed up when one of my monitors is not scaled to 100%, only...
  3. Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scaling is causing problems at 100% or 125%: When using my laptop with two other monitors, I need the scaling to change on my laptop so I can still see information on that screen, so I change it to 125%. I also use the snipping tool regularly, but that gets screwed up when one of my monitors is not scaled to 100%, only...
  4. Problems with Win11, text size and scaling!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Win11, text size and scaling!: Hi,I have recently bought a Surface Laptop 5 Windows 11, home edition, and I am working with it for 6-8 hours/day. However, it has a persistent problem with tuning font size:1 – I tuned the “text size” to 150% and the “custom scaling” to 175%, but the text size inside...
  5. Problems with Win11, text size and scaling!

Problems with Win11, text size and scaling!: Hi,I have recently bought a Surface Laptop 5 Windows 11, home edition, and I am working with it for 6-8 hours/day. However, it has a persistent problem with tuning font size:1 – I tuned the “text size” to 150% and the “custom scaling” to 175%, but the text size inside...
  6. Screen and resolution Scale problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen and resolution Scale problem.: I have my screen resolution set to 1080p default, but when I open a game that has set by me 1600x900p resolution, the display just shrinks into a small rectangle, I can't find a solution to make it full screen, This game worked well when I played it last time many months ago...
  7. Screen and resolution Scale problem.

Screen and resolution Scale problem.: I have my screen resolution set to 1080p default, but when I open a game that has set by me 1600x900p resolution, the display just shrinks into a small rectangle, I can't find a solution to make it full screen, This game worked well when I played it last time many months ago...
  8. resolution scaling problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    resolution scaling problem: My display resolution is overscaling . How to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resolution-scaling-problem/f9f1f034-e65c-4c06-9f21-35386efc1f1e
  9. resolution scaling problem

resolution scaling problem: My display resolution is overscaling . How to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resolution-scaling-problem/f9f1f034-e65c-4c06-9f21-35386efc1f1e
  10. Action Center problems after scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center problems after scaling: Just purchased a nice 4K AOC monitor, however I'm having a serious problem with the Taskbar/Action Center:Often times the icons/clock just disappear completely.The recommended settings have me at 3840x2160 and 150% scaling.I've tried other scaling options, but to no...