Windows 10: windows 10 screen changing sizes

Discus and support windows 10 screen changing sizes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my screen keeps changing sizes on my windows 10 laptop. how do I get it to stay a normal size?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ClaireHolder, Jul 17, 2018.

1. windows 10 screen changing sizes

my screen keeps changing sizes on my windows 10 laptop. how do I get it to stay a normal size?

:)

ClaireHolder, Jul 17, 2018

2. Changed screen size

Hi,

For us to better assist with your concern on screen size, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Did you make any changes or updates to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?
    • Have you tried changing the screen resolution of your monitor?

To change the screen resolution, you can check the steps below to change your screen resolution.

• On Desktop mode, right click and choose Display settings.
    • On the right pane, click Display.
    • On Resolution, choose the recommended screen resolution for your monitor.
    • Once your done, click on Keep changes.

For more information to get the best display of your monitor, refer to this
    article

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Pavan1709 Win User
    Trouble with font and screen size changing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the link to resolve issue with font size.

• Is the issue specific to some apps or web browser?
    • Are all the device drivers and Windows updates are updated?
    As per the issue description you are facing issue with fonts which get messed up.

In Windows 10, you can now set DPI (Dots per Inch) scaling to make text and other items, such as icons, fonts, and windows, to display larger or smaller for all displays or per-display.

Windows 10 DPI scaling improvements are primarily focused on:

• Optimizing the usability and readability of high-DPI displays
    • Providing a uniform experience multi-display systems
    • Empowering developers to optimize app-specific scaling based on display DPI

If you are running a screen resolution of 1366x768 on a tablet, chances are that UI will look good at 100% DPI settings. But what about when you connect that tablet to an external high resolution display? In Windows 8 you can choose either 100% to
    optimize the UI on the tablet display or up to 150% to optimize the UI on the external display. You have to compromise.

Windows 10 takes care of this issue by supporting
    per-display DPI scaling to address. By default, Windows 8.1 will choose the optimum DPI scaling value for each display based on the value chosen for overall scaling in the control panel.

You can change Modern UI text size by following the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Display.
    • Now change the font size according to your choice.
    Also refer these Microsoft articles:

Get the best display on your monitor

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/make-text-screen-larger-smaller/?v=t

I suggest you to follow the link to resolve issue with screen size.

Screen size keeps changing on new Windows 8.1 computer

See if this helps.

Thanks

Pavan1709, Jul 17, 2018
  4. windows 10 screen changing sizes

Change text etc size

Hi,

To help you with your concern, we suggest you adjust your screen resolution and choose your desired screen size. Steps do to that are below:

• Right-click on the Start button, and choose Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization.
    • Select Display, then Adjust Resolution.
    • Drag the slider for Resolution to test and choose your desired screen size.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 screen changing sizes

1. windows 10 screen changing sizes - Similar Threads - screen changing sizes

2. WHERE IS THE SCREEN SIZE SIZE SIZE NOT RESOLUTION BUT SCREEN SIZE FOUND ON MY WINDOWS 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHERE IS THE SCREEN SIZE SIZE SIZE NOT RESOLUTION BUT SCREEN SIZE FOUND ON MY WINDOWS 10...: It is NOT my TV. It is NOT resolution. It IS the displayed screen size. I need to bring the borders of my screen IN. EVERY option found online does NOTHING save say... change the resolution... or icon size... where my displayed screen border still DOESN'T FIT regardless of...
  3. WHERE IS THE SCREEN SIZE SIZE SIZE NOT RESOLUTION BUT SCREEN SIZE FOUND ON MY WINDOWS 10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHERE IS THE SCREEN SIZE SIZE SIZE NOT RESOLUTION BUT SCREEN SIZE FOUND ON MY WINDOWS 10...: It is NOT my TV. It is NOT resolution. It IS the displayed screen size. I need to bring the borders of my screen IN. EVERY option found online does NOTHING save say... change the resolution... or icon size... where my displayed screen border still DOESN'T FIT regardless of...
  4. WHERE IS THE SCREEN SIZE SIZE SIZE NOT RESOLUTION BUT SCREEN SIZE FOUND ON MY WINDOWS 10...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change the Windows screen size in VirtualBox?

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Windows screen size in VirtualBox?: Oracle's VirtualBox virtualization software is a popular choice for users who want to test new operating system versions. If you install Windows in VirtualBox, you may notice that you can't change the default screen resolution of 1024x768. [ATTACH] The low resolution may be...
  6. How to change screen size

How to change screen size: Here is what my goal is.I have a sharp LCD TV. its best/recommended resolution is smaller than the max I can set it to.If I set it to the max resolution available, the content inside the screen is extending beyond the screen, so for example the start menu is actually outside...
  7. Need to change size of screen

Need to change size of screen: Words and icon do not show on monitor. It is as if monitor is too small. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-size-of-screen/2172ac42-4eb6-4ba6-bf5e-a0f521862985
  8. Changing the screen size

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Changing the screen size: When I enter some web sites I find that the some of the wording on the right hand side does not fit the screen. I tried to change the resolution size from the 1600 x 900 recommended to 1400 x 1050, but the message said " windows could not change this display. I tried another...
  9. Change 'virtual' screen size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change 'virtual' screen size?: [ATTACH] I have been having an annoyance for quite some time now that I have never managed to fix. I have three screens: a 24 inch 1080p screen, a 27 inch 4K screen and a 15 inch 4K laptop screen. When I am on a desk, the 24 and 27 inch are mostly used, but as these screen...
  10. how to change display size to fit screen size

how to change display size to fit screen size: My display size is smaller than the screen size for some reason. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-display-size-to-fit-screen-size/536b3fef-37cc-46af-b46c-f36ecb2602a0