Windows 10: Windows 10 screen flicker error as soon as i push the power button

Discus and support Windows 10 screen flicker error as soon as i push the power button in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just got a dell optiplex 780 with a nvidia grapihcs card and i get this screen flicker issue when it boots up the monitior turns on and off over and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by daneil, Feb 24, 2017.

1. daneil Win User

Windows 10 screen flicker error as soon as i push the power button

I just got a dell optiplex 780 with a nvidia grapihcs card and i get this screen flicker issue when it boots up the monitior turns on and off over and over agian and i cant get anything done. How do i stop it from doing that? When it boots up, i mash the f8 and f2 key till i get a white screen with a list of options and i go to virtualazation or something and there is three options, one is disabled and requires other check boxes to be check but i'm not sure which ones to check and i hit apply and everything works fine (sometimes now it jst flickers.) but when i restart it i get the same problem and have to go through the same problem agian. the only way to see anything on the screen is to rip the graphics card out and everything is fine but i need the graphics card to work cause i want to set it up to make "adult" rated stuff. any updates makes this machine do it more. Any awsners guys?

Link to the machine:Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more - Newegg.com

System specs: Dell Optiplex 780 Tower Desktop Pc
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00 GHz)
    RAM: 16GB DDR3
    Memory: 500GB DVD
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 4GB Graphics GPU/VGA T

:)

daneil, Feb 24, 2017

2. distortion diplay

After Installing Windows 10 I have a distorted display and flickering on my laptop screen, then everything freezes.....and this requires me to restart the computer by pushing the power button for a couple of seconds........please help

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Dominic motla, Feb 24, 2017
  3. Cortana crashes as soon as I press mic button.

You are not getting it. I have hard resetted my phone but I have recovered my contacts and some apps which were stored on SD card.. But now my phone is giving errors.

KritikAgrawal, Feb 24, 2017
  4. daneil Win User

I found the scource of the problem, it is when i press f2 and f8 till a sceen pops up and says Dell inc. dell optiex 780 along the top blue bar, i go to virtualizon suppot and down a list of three options, i select trusted execution check the "enable Intel Trusted Execution Technology. This fixes the error and the screen stops flashing and works like a normal monitior would. sometimes it keeps flashing, sometimes it works almost instantly. But it fixes it a couple minutes after logging in. Anyone know how i can keep that checkbox i mentioned quotes checked permantly? Anything helps guys, thank you for your time. *Biggrin

daneil, Feb 27, 2017
  5. daneil Win User
    The psu is 300w, i just read the box of the non-returnable graphics card and discovered that it is compatible with windows 7 or 8, it says nothing about windows 10, so i might have to change the OS altogether. There something i did discover however, i only need the card in the machine, i don't need to plug a monitor into it the graphics card for my purposes. So is there a way to set up dual monitor use so i can use monitor off of the intergrated VGA port while having the graphics card still inside the machine? I want to make the computer to use the intergrated VGA port as primary and the graphics card as secondary.
    Any ideas anyone?

daneil, Mar 25, 2017
  6. daneil Win User
    I disabled the pci-e zotac/nvidia card. The intergraded display adaptor was not shown on the list, instead only the graphics card is shown in the device manager, the screen still flickers and nothing shows up on the monitor, it goes to sleep mode.

daneil, Mar 26, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    You do realize that you are only talking to yourself. So is this still an issue or have you resolved it?

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 screen flicker error as soon as i push the power button - Similar Threads - screen flicker error

2. Windows 10 won't go sleep after pushing down power button on the desktop changed the button...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't go sleep after pushing down power button on the desktop changed the button...: What does it look like?It will shut down the monitor, but won't let the PC sleep, and if I click my mouse or keyboard, the machine will come back with the lock screen.My device:Desktop, MSI motherboard/AMD Ryzen 3700x/ AMD RX580 Graphic/ M2 SSDWindows 10 home editionHow did...
  3. Start application when I push power button?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start application when I push power button?: Hello, I want to start application when I push the power button of my computer. It was possible on XP and Vista, this functionality seems to have been dropped since windows 7. Is there a way to hack windows 10 to get back this functionality? Thank you very much 175846
  4. Start application when I push power button?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start application when I push power button?: Hello, I want to start application when I push the power button of my computer. It was possible on XP and Vista, this functionality seems to have been dropped since windows 7. Is there a way to hack windows 10 to get back this functionality? Thank you very much 175846
  5. Need to push power button twice to boot up in windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need to push power button twice to boot up in windows 10: Hewlett-Packard Pavilion HPE h8-1234 System Specs: Gigabyte Motherboard 3.50 gigahertz AMD FX -8320 Eight-Core 384 kilobyte primary memory cache 8192 kilobyte secondary memory cache 8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache 64-bit ready Multi-core 4 total Hyper-threaded 8 total...
  6. Everytime when i push the windows button to show the taskbar i get this flickering (Gsync...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everytime when i push the windows button to show the taskbar i get this flickering (Gsync...: submitted by /u/StrategyWarrior [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9ude9/everytime_when_i_push_the_windows_button_to_show/
  7. Screen Flickering on AC Power - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Flickering on AC Power - Windows 10: My screen is extremely flickering/ blacking out when on power. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 710s with a Intel Graphics 620 display adapter. When I roll back the display adapter to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter the problem almost entirely vanishes, but still flickers very...
  8. Beeping about a minute when power button pushed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Beeping about a minute when power button pushed: After about a minute boots up and runs as normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/beeping-about-a-minute-when-power-button-pushed/3875f80d-4310-44a2-8960-e8b8c3ac8f6d
  9. When I push the Power button in sleep mode, the system Restarts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I push the Power button in sleep mode, the system Restarts: I've tried to find any forum data that might fix this rather strange problem, to no avail. Sorry if I missed something specific to this situation. A couple days ago we experienced a power outage, and afterward my Dell desktop restarts (instead of just powering up) when I...
  10. Push button reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Push button reset: Push button reset partition was just found on my win10 pro machine. google search revealed it was seemly an updated version of a restore point. it takes up 4.2 gigs of the 16 gig partition. Instructions in its use are sadly lacking. Anyone have any experience with this ? 130022