Windows 10: Windows 10 screensaver with multiple folders

Discus and support Windows 10 screensaver with multiple folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I select a specific folder within “Pictures” - screensaver goes through and displays the photos in that specific folder. However when I select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HN PC Gemach, Jun 12, 2018.

1. HN PC Gemach Win User

Windows 10 screensaver with multiple folders

When I select a specific folder within “Pictures” - screensaver goes through and displays the photos in that specific folder.

However when I select the folder Pictures (which contains 100s of folders) – it stays on the 1st picture and doesn’t go thorough that folder or any of the other folders or display any of those pictures!

Is there a limitation to how many folders windows 10 version 1803 can handle?

Any clue what could be the issue here please?

Thank you very much,
    Philip

:)

HN PC Gemach, Jun 12, 2018
  2. Santosh_Rai Win User

Setting Picture Screensaver for Multiple Screens

Hi Daryan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you using any third-party screensaver?

If yes I suggest you to change the screensaver to Windows default screensavers and check if it helps.

To set the Screensaver on the extended display, follow the below steps:

Step 1: Right-click on a blank area of your desktop and select “Personalize.”

Step 2: Click “Screen Saver” at the bottom-right corner of the window.

Step 3: Select the desired screen saver from the drop-down menu and indicate a “wait” time in minutes. The screensaver will come on automatically after the computer has been idle for that period of time.

Step 4: Check the “On resume, display logon screen” for added security, if desired. This feature requires you to enter your password when resuming your Windows session.

Step 5: Click “Apply” and then “OK.”

Step 6: Click on the “Display” link at the bottom left.

Step 7: Click “Adjust Resolution” on the left.

Step 8: Choose “Extend these displays” from the Multiple Displays drop-down menu if you’d like a single screensaver to travel across both displays. Click “Duplicate these displays” if you want a duplicated screen
    saver to display on each monitor.

Step 9: Click “OK.”

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 13, 2018
  3. HowardBarkan Win User
    How to change the screensaver for Windows 10

Hi

Thanks for this comment. Your suggestion concerns the image(s) displayed as background. I already do this for the background.

My question did not concern the background but rather the screen saver. I can send the screensaver to an (in my computer) image directory containing any number of files (say 100). The screensaver picks only a limited number (I haven't counted, but it's
    about 20). The screen saver stays with that set, displaying them in the same order on each repetition through the images. My question is whether it is possible to dislodge the built in screensaver from fixating on the same small set of images and displaying
    them in the same order? Of course, the image set will change if I change image source directories, but the problem repeats if I do (though with a new set of 20ish images from the new directory).

Any work-arounds?

Thanks

Howard

HowardBarkan, Jun 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 screensaver with multiple folders

1. Windows 10 screensaver with multiple folders - Similar Threads - screensaver multiple folders

2. Windows 10 screensaver settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 screensaver settings: How do I use Custom Reflection in 3D Text Screen Saver for Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/windows-10-screensaver-settings/ba9c5a2f-3591-49d1-9adb-d43dbf8522ee
  3. Screensaver

Screensaver: Until a few days ago my screensaver was working. Now every time I boot I have to change the time and press apply before it works. What happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/screensaver/5d5662a5-3fd2-4274-a030-e4f31b8c3ce5
  4. Windows 10 screensaver.

Windows 10 screensaver.: *Smile Hi everyone,hope you are well. Just as a matter of interest, has anyone had trouble with their screensaver ,even though set to operate, not functioning? Is there a solution for this? *Thumbs 113748
  5. Windows 10 screensaver.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 screensaver.: *Smile Hi everyone,hope you are well. Just as a matter of interest, has anyone had trouble with their screensaver ,even though set to operate, not functioning? Is there a solution for this? *Thumbs 113748
  6. No Screensaver

No Screensaver: I just upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and discovered that my screensaver isn't working. I go into the screensaver settings, select the one I want to use and adjust the time and everything, click apply and OK but the screensaver does not start. I had no problems...
  7. No Screensaver

No Screensaver: Hi folks, despite setting up my screensaver to show a slideshow of my pictures like I did in Windows 7 it will not start. Also the computer does not shut down even though I've set it to turn off after an hour. Not life or death but irritating. 15116
  8. Screensaver.

Screensaver.: Where is the screensaver setting in windows 10 15061. Henry 79687
  9. Delete multiple folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete multiple folders: I have a folder with 440 folders, half of them are the as another with - copy appended to the name, is there any way I could delete them? I tried the commad prompt using "del *copy" and it didn't work. Any other ideas? 105547
  10. Multiple Windowsapps folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Windowsapps folders: I just noticed that an instance of the Windowsapps folder have insinuated itself on one of my data partitions, as well as having 6 Windowsapps folders on my system drive. I don't know exactly what's normal about all of this, but I'm pretty sure the one on my data drive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 screen saver slide show from multiple directories