Windows 10 screensaver with multiple folders

Discus and support Windows 10 screensaver with multiple folders in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; When I select a specific folder within “Pictures” - screensaver goes through and displays the photos in that specific folder. However when I select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HN PC Gemach, Jun 12, 2018.

1. HN PC Gemach Win User

When I select a specific folder within “Pictures” - screensaver goes through and displays the photos in that specific folder.

However when I select the folder Pictures (which contains 100s of folders) – it stays on the 1st picture and doesn’t go thorough that folder or any of the other folders or display any of those pictures!

Is there a limitation to how many folders windows 10 version 1803 can handle?

Any clue what could be the issue here please?

Thank you very much,
    Philip

:)

HN PC Gemach, Jun 12, 2018
  2. Santosh_Rai Win User

Setting Picture Screensaver for Multiple Screens

Hi Daryan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you using any third-party screensaver?

If yes I suggest you to change the screensaver to Windows default screensavers and check if it helps.

To set the Screensaver on the extended display, follow the below steps:

Step 1: Right-click on a blank area of your desktop and select “Personalize.”

Step 2: Click “Screen Saver” at the bottom-right corner of the window.

Step 3: Select the desired screen saver from the drop-down menu and indicate a “wait” time in minutes. The screensaver will come on automatically after the computer has been idle for that period of time.

Step 4: Check the “On resume, display logon screen” for added security, if desired. This feature requires you to enter your password when resuming your Windows session.

Step 5: Click “Apply” and then “OK.”

Step 6: Click on the “Display” link at the bottom left.

Step 7: Click “Adjust Resolution” on the left.

Step 8: Choose “Extend these displays” from the Multiple Displays drop-down menu if you’d like a single screensaver to travel across both displays. Click “Duplicate these displays” if you want a duplicated screen
    saver to display on each monitor.

Step 9: Click “OK.”

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 13, 2018
  3. HowardBarkan Win User
    How to change the screensaver for Windows 10

Hi

Thanks for this comment. Your suggestion concerns the image(s) displayed as background. I already do this for the background.

My question did not concern the background but rather the screen saver. I can send the screensaver to an (in my computer) image directory containing any number of files (say 100). The screensaver picks only a limited number (I haven't counted, but it's
    about 20). The screen saver stays with that set, displaying them in the same order on each repetition through the images. My question is whether it is possible to dislodge the built in screensaver from fixating on the same small set of images and displaying
    them in the same order? Of course, the image set will change if I change image source directories, but the problem repeats if I do (though with a new set of 20ish images from the new directory).

Any work-arounds?

Thanks

Howard

HowardBarkan, Jun 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 screensaver with multiple folders - Similar Threads - screensaver multiple folders

1. Screensaver won't start

in Windows 10 Support
    Screensaver won't start: For whatever reason my screensaver stopped working recently. I have it set to display photos but when the time I've set it to (30 mins) runs out nothing happens. I did some Google searching and quite a number of people with similar issues seemed to get different kind of...
  2. Screensaver issue after April 2018 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver issue after April 2018 update: Hi All, Today I decided to enable the screensaver in Windows 10 Pro. I already have the April 2018 Creator Update installed and seems to be working just fine. I got the April 2018 through the Windows Update on May 01 and installed flawless. I set the screensaver to enable in...
  3. My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...: Hi, I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick that, when connected to my computer, prevents the screensaver from starting... Can this be fixed? 107471
  4. My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...

in Windows 10 Support
    My joystick prevents the screensaver from starting...: Hi, I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick that, when connected to my laptop, prevents the screensaver from starting... Can this be fixed? 107200
  5. Can't get rid of the screensaver pics

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get rid of the screensaver pics: I want to get rid of the screensaver with all the scenery pics where it asks if you like this picture, etc., which I have to click numerous times in just the right spot to get rid of. I just want to power on to the password prompt. (Better yet, no password prompt at all--just...
  6. Screensaver not working except in games

in Windows 10 Support
    Screensaver not working except in games: I just installed a clean Windows 10 on the new machine a built. For some reason, none of the listed screensavers work EXCEPT when I'm in a game and idle. If I'm not in a game, no screensaver will ever start. I've tried playing with the power settings including cmd...
  7. Monitor won't sleep, screensaver won't come on

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor won't sleep, screensaver won't come on: New PC build: 8700k, Z370 board, GTX 1080 Ti, Win 10 Home, all latest drivers and BIOS updates The monitor won't enter sleep mode and the screen saver won't come on either. Have tried resetting Power Options to default. Unplugged all USB devices. Does anyone have any...