Windows 10 screensaver with multiple folders

Discus and support Windows 10 screensaver with multiple folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I select a specific folder within “Pictures” - screensaver goes through and displays the photos in that specific folder. However when I select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HN PC Gemach, Jun 12, 2018.

1. HN PC Gemach Win User

When I select a specific folder within “Pictures” - screensaver goes through and displays the photos in that specific folder.

However when I select the folder Pictures (which contains 100s of folders) – it stays on the 1st picture and doesn’t go thorough that folder or any of the other folders or display any of those pictures!

Is there a limitation to how many folders windows 10 version 1803 can handle?

Any clue what could be the issue here please?

Thank you very much,
    Philip

:)

HN PC Gemach, Jun 12, 2018
  2. Santosh_Rai Win User

Setting Picture Screensaver for Multiple Screens

Hi Daryan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you using any third-party screensaver?

If yes I suggest you to change the screensaver to Windows default screensavers and check if it helps.

To set the Screensaver on the extended display, follow the below steps:

Step 1: Right-click on a blank area of your desktop and select “Personalize.”

Step 2: Click “Screen Saver” at the bottom-right corner of the window.

Step 3: Select the desired screen saver from the drop-down menu and indicate a “wait” time in minutes. The screensaver will come on automatically after the computer has been idle for that period of time.

Step 4: Check the “On resume, display logon screen” for added security, if desired. This feature requires you to enter your password when resuming your Windows session.

Step 5: Click “Apply” and then “OK.”

Step 6: Click on the “Display” link at the bottom left.

Step 7: Click “Adjust Resolution” on the left.

Step 8: Choose “Extend these displays” from the Multiple Displays drop-down menu if you’d like a single screensaver to travel across both displays. Click “Duplicate these displays” if you want a duplicated screen
    saver to display on each monitor.

Step 9: Click “OK.”

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 13, 2018
  3. HowardBarkan Win User
    How to change the screensaver for Windows 10

Hi

Thanks for this comment. Your suggestion concerns the image(s) displayed as background. I already do this for the background.

My question did not concern the background but rather the screen saver. I can send the screensaver to an (in my computer) image directory containing any number of files (say 100). The screensaver picks only a limited number (I haven't counted, but it's
    about 20). The screen saver stays with that set, displaying them in the same order on each repetition through the images. My question is whether it is possible to dislodge the built in screensaver from fixating on the same small set of images and displaying
    them in the same order? Of course, the image set will change if I change image source directories, but the problem repeats if I do (though with a new set of 20ish images from the new directory).

Any work-arounds?

Thanks

Howard

HowardBarkan, Jun 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 screensaver with multiple folders - Similar Threads - screensaver multiple folders

2. Pixelbook may be the only Chromebook on the market to get Windows 10 support

in Windows 10 News
    Pixelbook may be the only Chromebook on the market to get Windows 10 support: The reports have revealed that Google might start playing nice with Microsoft’s OS sometime in the future by allowing its Pixelbook to boot Windows 10. Google is working on a rumoured “Campfire” which is an alt-OS mode and it could allow users to dual boot Windows 10 on...
  3. Why Windows 10 sucks?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why Windows 10 sucks?: Metro interface is annoying. Remember nice and simple menu from Windows 7 where you coan find everything always in the same place? Yes, that was nice... Now we got a nightmare - weird vision of a mad MS programmer. Who was complaining about old-style menu? Do not know anyone....
  4. Windows blocking app from running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows blocking app from running: Hi, I have been having problem w/ window 10 pro 64 bit problem every few months on my Nuc7i5. it would block me from running a downloaded app from https://pacs.garfieldmedicalcenter.com/novaweb/ Normally, this works and there is an option to let it run. but every few...
  5. c/windows/.../server host my windows defender pops it up then my games ping goes to 999 and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    c/windows/.../server host my windows defender pops it up then my games ping goes to 999 and...: how do you delete the folder that you cant find https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cwindowsserver-host-my-windows-defender-pops-it-up/9a0db77c-113c-460d-9535-a8229f9e2b87
  6. services policy naming conventions in WIndows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    services policy naming conventions in WIndows 10 updates: recently I had to re-install windows 10 due to some issues I was having. After doing so, I noticed and documented several services that had a new naming convention. Specifically, the new suspicious services had names that included a series of lowercase alpha numeric...
  7. GTX 1060 3gb cause Window 10 crash.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GTX 1060 3gb cause Window 10 crash.: I just install GTX 1060 3gb card; and it crash when ever playing Civic 6 for just a few minutes. the game will freeze. mouse key board will not respond. need to press power button to restart window. can anyone help please....
  8. Twitter PWA gets Windows Timeline support, ability to upload videos and more

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter PWA gets Windows Timeline support, ability to upload videos and more: Social media giant Twitter recently launched its new Progressive Web App (PWA) on the Microsoft Store for Windows 10 devices. Twitter PWA is a web app that works across all devices including the web, Windows 10 and Android. Unlike the old UWP app, Twitter PWA for Windows...
  9. Is it possible to remove "Libraries" main folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to remove "Libraries" main folder: I never use the Windows libraries because they don't fit my scheme of data storage. Is it possible to delete/remove the "Libraries" folder in itself? I know that individual folders like "Documents" "Pictures" etc. can be deleted, but in my experience Microsoft has a habit...
  10. Windows 10 Home in S Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home in S Mode: Hi, Please let me know how to disable Windows 10 Home in S Mode? Already I followed following steps: Microsoft Store App > In the app, search for "switch out of s mode" On the Switch out of S mode, selected Get button but it says unable to upgrade Try again. Let me...